Hey, Princess.

Step 2: The Jet.

I peered out of the jets small window down to the glistening ocean. I was excited yet terrified.

Jane threw a stack of papers on my lap, "What's this?" I asked.

"Things you need to know," She said, "About the island."

"When do we land?" I asked.

"A few hours, so get to it."

She was more casual now, she was in jeans and a white t-shirt. I sighed and got reading.

There were so many things about the island I learned, my great grandparents (times like 20) founded it and weren't even going to rule it, they were just going to let the people run about as long as they weren't getting into trouble. I read on until I got to the most recent evens that made my jaw drop.

"I have a sister?" I almost whispered.

Jane didn't even stir, she was fast asleep and by now the sun was long gone.

I read on, the article went on to say more about her. Her name was Summer, she was my twin sister. My heart was pounding as I read on, more and more betrayals from my parents side and more and more facts.

My parents decided to take one child, Summer, to the island to be raised there with the islanders, and keep the other, Me, in the states to live a normal life and rule the island when I come of age.

However, something went wrong along the way. My aunt, Kindred, despised my parents for the way they took over the island after my grandparents death. She hated them so much that she snuck into Summers bedroom in the castle and kidnapped her, raising her to believe my parents abandoned her. She turned Summer into hate, and now she goes about the island hiding about, terrorizing the islanders and seeking revenge on the next heir to the thrown...me.

"She doesn't know it's you, don't flatter yourself." Jane mumbled on the other side of the jet with her eyes still closed.

"What?" I asked.

She yawned before continuing, "They raised you two so that you didn't know about each other on purpose." She said, "You came out of the womb first, so rightfully, you were the next heir. They new she'd retaliate because of this so they took her to the island to live with them so they could spend the 'good years', as they put it, with her before she found out and turned sour."

"So all this time, when they we on 'business trips' and all that crap, they were raising a secret daughter and ruling a goddamned kingdom?" I asked.

Jane nodded, "Pretty much, but don't get to upset though, they wanted to best, for both of you. Hopefully when we get there we can set some thing up with her. So she doesn't come at you like some deranged animal."

"I can see her?" I asked.

"Well, yes. It's not like she rules half of the island, she just lives there. Maybe you can think of a way to calm her down so she's not as pissed anymore."

"What happened to my aunt though?" I asked, "Wouldn't she stop Summer from coming?"

"She's imprisoned." Jane said, yawning again, "After we tracked her and Summer down, we took her into custody. She's been there for years."

The pilot turned on the speaker, "You're Majesty, we have arrived and will be landing shortly."

I took a deep breath, I didn't know if I was ready to rule and island yet. I'm a 16 year old girl who could barley get her shit at home together, let alone an entire kingdom. I sighed and Jane came over and squatted in front of me, leaning on my knees and showing me the most comfort she has since I met her.

"You're nervous, I know. Ruling a kingdom is way more than homecoming or whether or not you passed chemistry, but you can do this, I believe in you, hell, a whole island believes in you, Autumn. Look, if you're really nervous, you can take sometime get to know the island and we can do the ceremony when you're ready, we don't have to rush into anything, just say the word, kid." She said.

I nodded, "Okay." I said just as the jet was about to touch down.