Status: Hope you enjoy!

The Chosen One

Fences

It was the scent of butterscotch, old cologne, and sweet red wine that made Kelly finally stir. These wonderful smells evading her dreams were not of her own home, and somehow she knew this even while knocked unconscious.
She lazily opened her eyes, everything appearing in a blur. A murmur of voices could be heard behind a closed white door. She assumed it was to the bathroom considering the kitchen was an open space connecting to the bedroom that held two beds, a heater, an armchair, and a stone-age looking TV. Kelly knew she was in a hotel room, but where was this hotel, and why was she here?
Wriggling her fingers and toes she tried to move the rest of her body, but it wasn’t as easy as it should have been. Her arms and legs felt like heavy lead, and her head spun dizzily as if she had been on a mary-go-round for hours. The voice of murmurs accelerated into a heated argument between –she assumed- three people.
“Why is she here?” one man growled in anger.
“I thought I was doing a nice thing, Klaus” a woman retorted.
“We never asked for you to. Do you realize how much danger you’ve put her in?” a different man said. He seemed relatively calm.
“Oh, she was in danger already, Elijah”
There was a pause of silence that seemed to continue on forever. Kelly tried to get off the bed and get to the door that would lead her to freedom, but her lethargic muscles rolled her onto the carpeted floor with a loud thump. The white door flew open and footsteps came her way. A hand wrapped around her ankle and she was pulled back away from the middle of the two beds, the hand rolled her over forcing her to look up at him.
“Rebekah, why did you take her in her night clothes?” the one she assumed was Klaus asked. She wore a silky white night gown that barely grazed her mid-thigh when pulled all the way down.
The blonde girl named Rebekah sighed “Because that was the only time she was alone”
Kelly could feel her strength slowly returning, but she was still so weak. She managed to roll onto her stomach and tried crawling away from the three goons. The one, Klaus, followed slowly after her.
“You won’t get very far, love”
“Screw you” Kelly managed to say. His hands grabbed her from the back of the neck and hoisted her up, her bare feet just a few inches off of the ground.
“Leave her alone, Niklaus” Elijah’s voice was suddenly very near. She hadn’t even heard him approach.
Kelly was thrown to the ground, her face buried into the carpet as tears freely flowed down her cheeks. She was normally never one to cry; she always held up a solid front. But now it was like she couldn’t stop herself to save her life.
“Get rid of her, or I will” Klaus snarled before leaving the hotel room with an angry stride and a slamming door.
A gentle hand touched Kelly’s arm, making her flinch away in fear.
“It’s alright. I promise I am no danger to you. I’m Elijah, and this is my sister Rebekah. We do not wish to harm you” Elijah said in such a warm voice that Kelly felt herself calm down, but her heart still thrummed franticly against her chest. “Let me help you” he said softly before taking ahold of her arm and lifted her to her feet, using his own body to keep her up right. He led her to the bed and set her gingerly on the spread, laid her down and covered her with a thin blanket to keep her from getting chilled.
Why was Elijah, a complete stranger, being so kind and caring to her? Why did Klaus hate her so? And why had Rebekah taken her? Before she could think to ask him anything sleep overcame Kelly, thrusting her once again into darkness.

When Kelly woke only a few hours later she sat up with a throbbing headache. She felt as if she was hung-over, but she couldn’t recollect drinking at all. She looked around the dark room remembering where she was. The hotel room was just the same as before. She hadn’t been dreaming; it was all a real life nightmare.
She looked over to see Rebekah cuddled into the comforter on the bed next to hers. Elijah was slouched in an arm chair fast asleep. Kelly looked around the dark room, unable to see anything not coated in the moons pale light. Another thing she didn’t see was the man who had grabbed her around the throat, Klaus. He was nowhere to be seen and that gave her relief and chills at the same time. Not knowing where he was could be just as dangerous as knowing.
A thrill of adrenaline shot through her veins when she realized this could be the perfect time to escape. Yes, Elijah said he wouldn’t hurt her, but how could she trust anybody at the moment? Shakily she slid the blanket off and swung her legs to the side, slowly standing up, flinching with each creak of the bed.
Her footsteps were muffled from the carpet as she slowly made her way to the door. She froze mid-step when Rebekah tossed to her other side. Kelly took a deep breath, holding it in her lungs until she was at the door and in the hallway.
After closing the door quietly Kelly sprinted down the hall, rounding the corner, and crashed through the exit door that led to the outdoor pool. She stopped dead in her tracks when she gazed at the scene in front of her. Kelly’s blood chilled to ice and she let out a gasp.
Klaus wore nothing but boxer shorts, waist deep in the pool with a woman in his arms. He pulled his head away from her throat, blood dripping into the water. His face was demon like with black veins spreading down just above his cheek and the whites of his eyes a deep crimson red. He had fangs that seemed canine like, unlike anything she had ever seen. Klaus placed the woman on the concrete next to the pool before getting out and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.
Kelly spun on her heels and raced back to the door, but it had locked after it closed. She glanced over her shoulder and saw he was walking toward her at a slow, menacing gait. She looked around at the fence enclosing them in. Without hesitation she ran for the latched gate in the fence, but it was too late.
Klaus grabbed her by the waist “Oh no you don’t” he dragged her to the door that would let them back in. She struggled with all her might against him, but it was like he had the strength of superman. He dug his fingers into her ribs to keep her still until she stopped squirming. Once they arrived at the room Klaus slammed the door open loudly and flipped on the lights.
“Rise and shine” he shouted, before throwing her to the ground as he had once before.
Elijah woke startled “What?” he asked disoriented.
“I said if you didn’t get rid of her then I would, and she is this close to having her neck snapped” Klaus said glowering at Kelly “She interrupted my dinner”
Rebekah moaned and shoved her head under the many pillows on her bed “Well that sucks. Now turn off the light”
Elijah got up from the chair and stood in between Klaus and Kelly in a protective way that seemed to rub Klaus the wrong way.
“Oh, I see. Protect her from the big bad wolf, and with good reason.”
Elijah stared at him “If you really cannot control yourself Niklaus then I suggest you leave”
A smirk appeared on Klaus’s face “I intend to” he gave one more sneering look to Kelly before leaving the hotel room, hopefully for good.
Elijah looked to Kelly and sighed. She could feel the disapproval and anxiety in his stare. The odds of her getting home (alive) were slowly dwindling.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was so much fun to write! Hope you like it! :3