Status: Hope you enjoy!

The Chosen One

Demons

Rebekah moaned, looking around the crowded street desperately “Kelly? Kelly?” she asked continuously. She thought the girl had been behind her the whole time, but when she got to the restaurant she turned around to see she was gone. Who knew where she was now. What she didn’t want to do was have to call her brothers to break the news. She screwed up, big time.
She caught sight of Marcel and sighed walking to him; he was her only hope now. “Marcel” she called, making sure he saw her before she slowed her pace.
“Hello, Rebekah” he smirked
“I need your help. This girl that was with me is gone. Her name is Kelly and my brothers will kill me if they find out I lost her” she forced out in one breath.
Marcel frowned “Kelly?” he thought back to the girl he had been leading to the bus stop, but when he turned around she was gone; vanished into thin air. He had looked for her for a little while, but soon gave up heading back to the bar.
“Yes, Kelly. She has brown hair, wearing a purple jacket…” she looked at him with wide eyes “Did you see her?”
Marcel nodded frowning “Yeah. She asked me where a bus stop was so I took her. The only thing is… she disappeared before we got there. I couldn’t find her”
“Where was she?” Rebekah asked, feeling the need to bite her nails.
He nodded his head in the direction he’d just came from “The alley next to Simon road.”
She nodded and turned in that direction going there as fast as she could without running; with Marcel right at her heels.
“I’ll come. Something doesn’t smell right”
“Fine, just don’t get in my way”
Marcel chuckled as he followed her. He always did like her spunk. They headed down the alleyway where he had last seen Kelly. The odds of finding her, let alone her being alive, were not in their favor. If it were a vampire who took her then she was probably stuffed in a dumpster somewhere. But Rebekah didn’t seem to accept that as she dragged him back and forth through the alley.
“Face it Rebekah… She isn’t here”
Rebekah’s face hardened “She couldn’t have just disappeared. If she was right here, then there has to be something to give away where she went” she sighed and looked at the brick wall thinking. That’s when she noticed something. Was that hair? She picked a thread like object from the grout in between slabs of cracking brick.
“It’s Kelly’s. I just know it” she looked for more evidence, a bit of crusty blood where the hair had been. She put her hand on the wall to get a closer look when the wall was no longer there and she was falling forward. She stumbled into a dark room, looking behind her. The brick wall was fully intact, she patted it and it kept solid. How strange. She’d never seen a spell such as this one before.
She heard voices just beyond the door where a streaming light lit the concrete floor beneath the iron door. They were speaking in German. Their accent so thick she almost couldn’t make out what they were saying, but she got enough. She frowned and inched her way through the door. She had to find Kelly and get out of here.
Following a dark hall to another closed door Rebekah pressed her ear to the entrance. It seemed the voices had hushed and the shuffle of feet filing to the door made her panic. She zipped halfway down the hall and slipped into a crevice to conceal her. She just hoped they didn’t pay attention to the walls as they walked by.
They came quickly through the hall, passing her hiding spot. They wore dark cloaks and were silent, except for the last two who seemed to be arguing in German at a whisper. When they had rounded the corner she slipped out and ran for the door, shutting it firmly behind her. She turned around, her back against the door. In the center of the room sat Kelly on a chair. She was bound and gagged, a tight handkerchief wrapped around her eyes.
“Kelly?” Rebekah whispered to her, stepping forward. Kelly rose her head, her breath picking up pace. Rebekah ran to her, ripping the ropes apart, slipping off the blindfold, and ungagged her.
Kelly breathed shallowly in fear, her eyes wide.
“Rebekah” she said, trying her best not to start sobbing.
“I’m here. You’re safe now. We have to get out of here before they come back” whoever they are.
Kelly nodded, getting wobbly to her feet trying to keep herself from falling over. They went for the door, slowly prying it open. After seeing the coast was clear, Rebekah stepped out to lead the way. It wasn’t but halfway down the dark hall that they heard the voices again and footsteps coming their way. The crevice was too small for both of them.
Rebekah stood there; ready to fight if she had to. Without warning something grabbed her from behind and wrapped a hand over her mouth, pulling her backward. She fought with all her might, biting down as hard as she could.
“Ow, Rebekah!” Klaus’s voice rang. He and Elijah had pulled her and Kelly through the wall and into another room.
Rebekah looked at them with relief “What are you doing here?”
“Uhm, saving you” Klaus rolled his eyes “Well, Elijah is. If it were up to me you’d be stuck here forever” he smirked.
Rebekah rolled her eyes and looked to Elijah.
“Marcel told us you had vanished into the wall looking for Kelly”
Kelly spoke up “Where are we?” she asked, voice still shaky. What had they done to her?
“It’s a chamber of vampires, where they feel protected because they cannot walk in the sun. At night they come out to feed, but here they can be themselves.”
She nodded “Well I didn’t volunteer to come here…”
Elijah sighed pursing his lips “I’m afraid you’re a bit of a target”
“Elijah. Don’t tell her that”
“It’s true Rebekah. We have to tell her what’s right in front of her”
Klaus sighed “How about we have a nice chat somewhere other than here”
Something suddenly clicked in Kelly’s mind. “Did you say vampires?” she hadn’t really thought about his words until she really processed them.
Elijah forced a smile “We’ll explain everything at home”
“Is that what you all are?” she then looked to Klaus, hatred spewing from her glare.
“I think he said we’ll talk about it later” Klaus retorted coldly to her.
Rebekah sighed “Please can we go. This place is depressing”
Elijah nodded with a sigh “Marcel casted a spell that makes us invisible for 30 minutes. They won’t be able to see us, but they will be able to hear…” he casted a glance to Kelly “And smell us”
Klaus glared “I still don’t understand why we don’t just fight them”
“Because we don’t need a bloody fight with Kelly right here” Elijah said sternly.
Rebekah frowned looking at Kelly “What did they do to you in there?”
Kelly swallowed “Can we go” she refused to meet her eyes or answer her question. She wouldn’t be answering any questions. Far too much has happened; far too much.