Klaroline

Caroline's Nerves

It was late afternoon and Caroline was still at the Lockwood’s planning for tomorrows events. She had been there all day and things still weren’t right. She was a bit of a perfectionist. There would be yet again another party celebrating the town’s history. It was getting a bit old and she wasn’t sure she could do this at the moment. Her nerves were fried and the helpers still didn’t have the table in the spot she had specifically told them to place it.
Caroline took a deep breath and closed her eyes trying to calm herself. Everything just wasn’t working out for her lately and she just wanted to punch something to release some of the tension welling in her chest as hard as her vampire strength would allow.
When she felt her cool gradually originate back, she opened her eyes and began organizing the candle sticks again by size and color. As she worked her thoughts began to drift off and she found herself thinking about someone who she swore she’d never speak to again, Klaus. The hurt expression etched into his fine features forced her to bite her lip. Why was she feeling guilty about hurting his feeling? If he even has feelings, she thought to herself. He was the one that screwed everything up, not her. What should she care? But she did care, and that was the problem. She felt horrible about making a powerful original look so fragile and broken. Even though it was his fault, the guilt was eating away at her conscience.
Looking up she came out of her daze and sighed to see the table in the wrong place, again. Ambling over, she observed around to make sure no one was watching before picking up the table with one hand and placing it in its rightful spot. The table would have been much too heavy for a single girl to scoot let alone pick up single handedly. If you wanted things done right, sometimes you had to do it yourself. Now she could just hope that the party would go in the right direction tomorrow.