A Broken Heart

Phone Call

I began to play the messages back and decided to phone the Blue Lizard and confirm the early shift that my boss wanted me to work. I hung up and went into the kitchen to grab a snack a few minutes later the phone rang again and it was the airport,"Hello is this the Roberts household? I told the lady that yes this is the right house and told her who was speaking she told me that there was a delay with the flight.

I asked her what caused it she said they had to do a quick inspection which everything was fine mechanically but after going through the heavy clouds there was a problem with one of the wings which caused the plane to shake violently and the captain had to land over Silver River, she also mentioned that because of the impact a lot of passengers died.I gave her my dad's name and she told me that unfortunately my dad did not make it because of the way the plane hit. I held back the tears and said thank you for letting me know after hanging up i slid to the floor in utter shock.

I then phoned my aunt Sophia and told her about my dad and let out the tears to the point that i could barely get a word out. I caught my breath and told her i got her message but it didn't make any sense she told me that after my mom dropped my sister Carly off at daycare she was on her way home and some guy that was more than likely texting ran into the back of her car, because of the impact her head snapped back and she passed away suddenly I am so glad my little sister was not in the car.

My aunt told me that she was coming to Chicago and would help with putting the house up, since my sister and I had no other relatives but our aunt we had to move as much as I loved my life here in Chicago I had to leave it was too painful.