A Broken Heart

Timberline Park

One day while babysitting Carly I decided to take her to the local park to meet new people,I spotted this really cute skateboarder that looked to be around my age I noticed him glance my way and he waved me over to the ramps he asked me if I was new here because i looked lost I told him that my sister and I just moved here a week ago he told me he lives down the street with his dad and little brother. "Hey my names Melanie nice to meet you" blushing like a goof I waited for him to respond and he told me that his name is Joel, we began talking for a bit but said I couldn't stay long so we exchanged numbers and planned to meet again soon I grabbed Carly and waved goodbye.

I got back to the house and went upstairs turning on some music I decided to text the new guy Joel and ask him what day worked for him he said saturday and I told him that it would be perfect. On saturday i woke up,got Carly dressed,packed a blanket and walked back to the park spotting Joel and Markus we said our hellos and let Carly and Markus play with the other kids and Joel and I were able to talk for a long time.

I explained to Joel why Carly and I had to move to Florida he told me he understood and how it feels to be completely lost because his mom was diagnosed with cancer and passed away and because of it his dad became an alcoholic and had violent rage, Joel ended up taking a lot of the trauma mentally and physically and ended up becoming the father figure to Markus because his dad was hardly home. Deciding that we needed some adult time I phoned up my aunt and was glad that she was home I asked her if she could look after the kids because this cute guy invited me for drinks at the bar she was more than willing. A few drinks later we walked back to the house to pick up Markus.