Obsidian Crosses

Cult

It was right after Peter's stupid boat left the stupid dock that I had finally realized we had left the stupid tour bus at the stupid port. How were we supposed to bring the Good News of Green Day to all of Hebrew Nation and beyond? J-Christ and his twelve fan-boys obviously didn't know what a band is or emo culture. They only knew about oppression and Romans. Billie Joe tried to cheer me up. "Heather, it's okay, I am Green Day. Jesus can learn all the good stuff from me. Don't you worry, I gotcha covered." He slurred whilst trying to put his arm around me. I never understood why he was always so affectionate around me. I also never understood why my cheeks turned bright red whenever he touched me. It's not like he was a hot chick or anything.

Mike was definitely not himself. For once, he wasn't sulking, he was actually to other people. He was vibrant, almost on fire, in a very bad way. And he wasn't stop talking about how Jesus had miraculously healed him. I told him to shove his miracle up his big white ass. He didn't snap back for once. It was...shocking, to say the least. Even Tre noticed how weird he was being, and wouldn't even sit next to Mike. I couldn't blame him. Mike wasn't likable sullen or actually happy. "Why the hell are you so happy?" I asked him suspiciously. He grinned at me, and looked as if he was intoxicated.

"You know, I think I've actually found meaning in life. In that Jesus guy. He seems like he knows what's up." He muttered softly. I smacked him and hoped he would come to his senses. No, it seemed I had only strengthened his resolve. Dammit, J-Christ had created a fucking cult where they all worshiped his narcissistic image. I made my way to the front of the boat and poked him on the shoulder. He was sleeping peacefully but I didn't care if i woke him up or not.

"Just what kind of drugs are you peddling here, and where can I get some? I want to start my own cult too." I sneered proudly. Jesus yawned for a minute and rubbed his eyes. He didn't seem at all mad that I woken him up. "Don't you have any self-respect? If someone woke me up, I'd be so fucking angry." Jesus smiled softly. He pointed to his fan-boys.

"They follow me of their own accord." He stated gently. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't give me that. Mike practically has a hard-on for you. Did you give him Exstasy or something?" I snapped. Jesus looked confused. "Never mind, you probably don't understand because I'm from a different world than you. A more modern era. I'm only here to conqueror the world. Now did you give Mike anything mind-altering?"

Jesus looked at me for a second. "I've already conquered the world." He said matter-of-factly. How arrogant. Too bad he doesn't know who Heather Heartless truly is.

"No you haven't. You're on a boat." But, of course, his lowly Christian army would take over the world by orders of Constantine. And then his precious Christians would then persecute other precious Christians. Would he be so smug if he knew this? "I don't think you know just how dark your future even is. Let me tell you where it ends, on a cross, cold and alone. Remember that."

"Have you taken up your cross yet?" Jesus asked earnestly. I shook my head.

"No, but you could carry mine for me, since you're so inclined." I said finally, and then walked away from him. I could feel his piercing gaze on me as I walked back to Billie Joe and Tre. Mike was, of course, sitting next to Jesus, staring at him in admiration. Loser.

I became acquainted with the rest of the fan-boys. Peter was a moron, like I had expected. An impulsive hot-head, who thought highly of Jesus. Then there was Simon, the quiet but shadowy zealot. James and John, two brothers who probably be into foot-ball if it was possible. Matthew, who would burst into happy tears when questioned about Jesus. Mark, who had nothing interesting about him. Andrew, who had nothing interesting about him. Thomas, the logical one. Luke, the intellectual philosopher. And then, there was Judas, who had an interesting personality. He seemed hopeless devoted to Jesus, but the others kept away from him for some reason. This seemed to bother him to the core, for some reason. He would be a perfect emo.

"You know, with some black eyeliner and some black hair dye, you could look a lot sexier." I told him. He looked me as if I had three heads. Oh, well, he would learn. They would all learn. "I can hook you with up a good band, you know." No response whatsoever.

It was going to be a long, boring journey.