Obsidian Crosses

Top Ten in the Charts of Pain

(A/N: Hi pretty readers, how is my little army doing? I am not doing well. My manic side is rearing its head, and I'm loving it. I've been trying to get out of taking my medication, it's only hindering my brain. I need to develop, like that of a plant, and then I'll be okay. Stay armstrong!!

It was now time to find my beloved Green Day, otherwise the Hebrew Nation would never get to hear it's good news. Hell, I bet even those high-and-mighty Romans could even benefit from the culture that is Billie Joe and his subversive, poetic music. Green Day needed to be immortalized forever, that was that. Nothing could ever top them, ever. Mike was a lost cause though, since he was ever so in love with Jesus. Green Day deserved better than him.

The disciples had no idea what to do with themselves for they now had so much money that they were gettin' fat and gettin' laid daily. Ah, life was good for them. They practically owned the elite neighborhood in Jerusalem. It's very easy to fake miracles, after all. The only one who was still somehow miserable was Judas, who spent his days locked away like a gothic prick. He said he only left Jesus because he was doing what everyone else was doing. I almost pitied him. I should sell him to Marilyn Manson, and his gang of merry puppy killers, I'm sure they'd play nice.

Art is true salvation, something only people like Green Day could provide. The world knows nothing but what it lacks, and that is a true revolution of hope and spontaneity. We all compensate for something, which is why people meander all about their lives doing absolutely nothing. Not Billie Joe and Co. though. They broke through the barriers of music and bursted into the hearts of million restless souls, all crying out for inky understanding. Billie Joe, with his piercing voice and mournful eyes, breathing life into a seeking generation. I had to bring him back, I was his Gloria...

Wait, did I just say I was his "Gloria"? No, I do not like Billie Joe. I love Pandora. I do not, and will never like Billie Joe. Pandora belongs forever in the crevice of my splattered heart. The atmosphere seemed to cave in on me. I was nothing without Green Day. Green Day was nothing without me. Green Day and I, we are one. I had to find them. I had to find HIM!

Sinking to the floor, I sobbed helplessly, and clutched at my matted crimson hair with desperation. Without Green Day, there was nothing for me to live for. I clawed at my skin, creating deep gouges, and they bled red ribbons all over the floor.

Then, there was a knock at the door. Oh, who could it be at this depressing hour of my anguish? Peter walked in, with a big stupid sloppy grin on his goddamn face. I flipped him off just for being alive. Oh, how this burns. My sweet, sweet desolation.

"Hi there, Heather! You know, I just want to thank you for all the money and girls. I thought I'd be a virgin forever, but I finally popped my cherry! And it's all thanks to you." He swept me up in his arms and planted a fat kiss on my pale cheek. I pretended he was Billie Joe. No, wait, I can't be associated with the squares, they are way too straight. No hetero, ever, for the homo. I shoved Peter away from and smacked him. Hard. Then I took out a whip made out of wire and glass, and began to beat him for displeasing me. I am god, so I could do this to my worthless, unbroken heart subjects.

Howling in pain, Peter begged for mercy, but I was not inclined to give it to him. "Have you found him yet? My missing puzzle piece?" I snarled aggressively and kicked his face into the floor. Peter said no, that he could not locate Billie Joe. Dammit! I kicked in his head one more time, grabbed the sharpest sword I could and marched through the door and into the streets of Jerusalem. I was going to slaughter every citizen, Roman solider and newborn child until someone told me what happened to my beloved Billie Joe.

And so, the blood bath began. It was like raining oil upon a dry pavement, it got everywhere. Bits of flesh and battered limbs littered the ground, creating one of the biggest displays of public art ever created. I was proud. I was truly heartless now.

Within an hour, half of the city was dead in the streets, and dammit, the bodies were getting in my way way too much! There seemed to be no end in sight, and no was willing to give me an ounce of information. Still, I felt as if we were making progress. I made the disciples clean up the nasty bodies, because I was a god who valued cleanliness.

And then... I found HIM!!

Finally. By the dumpsters, drinking beer, naked and alone. Covered in dust and sweeat, was my Billie Joe. Rivers of eyeliner were flowing down his face, creating a heavenly stain. I slapped him hard across the face. "Where were you." I shrieked, trying not to cry and hack people up in the process. "Without you, there is no Green Day!!" I whimpered. Billie Joe then promptly puked all over my sneakers. I wept with happiness.

"Heather...I was...almost crucified..." Billie Joe slurred. "They don't...understand my music...it's beauty...save yourself."

shock ripped through my aching veins. what of mike and tre? what of life itself? And then I found out, Mike and Tre were in prison for being complete retrads. Mike was in jail for being a stupid Christian and Tre was in there for public nudity. I facepalmed so hard, it hurt my brain. Everything was over, there was no hope.

Unless the Jewish people somehow rose up against the might and strength and utter stupidity of the Roman empire. Yes, it would take a special kind of person to do that, a very, very deluded person who wanted to die for a broken world.

Jesus fucking Christ, I had my answer. If precious little Jesus wanted to be the Way, the Truth and the Life, then he could be it. For a very dire price. I was going to make him pawn and set him loose against the Roman Empire! Vengance for Green Day.