Status: Will update whenever

Dead Promises

Musical Distraction

"You gotta be fucking kidding me," said Taissa

Sighing, Evan opened his eyes and looked at his cast mate. Currently, they were at the reading table, going over the lines for the new at season of American Horror Story and at the moment, they were taking a twenty minute break. Following his friends gaze, he saw what got her mad.

His ex-girlfriend, Emma Roberts, was currently flirting aimlessly with a young screenwriter that began working a month prior. Shaking his head, Evan rolled his eyes before taking out his iPhone. Scrolling through some old pictures he always kept in his phone at all times, he stopped at one that always, no matter what the situation or day, would make his heart skip a bit and blood flow hotter. Staring right back at him was dark chocolate eyes that he always felt like they could see into his soul. A smile graced her face, making the dimples that were located on both cheeks known. Her dark drown hair flowed down in soft waves. Swiping his finger on the screen, he came to another one with the same girl. Instead of her alone, Evan himself was in the picture himself. Evan had his arms wrapped around the girls shoulders and her arms around his waist, both making silly faces at the camera.

Alina.

That was the name of the girl in the pictures.

Alina was one of his closes friends from back home. The only one who knows the true him and never asked him to change. She was always their for him, but he wasn't their for her. Alina supported him when Evan wanted to pursue his career in acting. She was the one to push him forward, and she never asked for anything in return. All she asked was for Evan to be their for her, and he didn't do that.

Evan promised he will always answer when she needed help, but he didn't.

Evan promised that if things went bad at home, he'd get on the first flight back home to help her cope, but he wasn't their.

After a while, the called from her stopped.

The e-mails stopped.

The letters stop.

And before he knew it, Evan was alone in the city full of plastic and fakes.

The one true friend Evan can say he was close with is Taissa. They got along very well, like brother and sister, and for that, Evan was very greatful for.

"She's very pretty. Who is she?" Taissa's voice said, bringing Evan back to where he was.

"She was one of my closest friends before I came to Hollywood. I haven't talked to her in so long."

Looking at Evan, Taissa knew there was more to the girl behind the photo, but she didn't push it. She knew if Evan wanted her to know about her, he would tell her. She seemed like a touchy subject to him, Taissa mused to herself.

"What's her name?" Taissa asked.

"Alina. Alina Jones,"Evan replied with a smile.

"Huh. That's the same name of the lead singer of a band I'm going to see tonight at the Hollywood Bowl. Speaking of which, wanna come? My cousin was suppose to go with me but she bailed last minute for a date."

"Yeah, sure," Evan said with a nod of his head,"What's the name of the band?"

"It's called Dead Promises. They've been around for like six or seven years. Their last concert is here before their lead singer goes to do a side project she was approached with. No one really knows what it'll be, but in uber excited to see what it is."

Evan thought for a moment, wondering why the name of the band sounded so familiar to him. Before he had time to think it more deeply, the reading continued for a couple more hours before they were finally let out.

"I'll meet you at my house in ten then?" Taissa asked as she walked toward her car which happened to be parked right beside Evan's.

"You got it," Evan said.

Nodding her head, Taissa sent him a smile before getting into her 2014 Dodge Charger and heading out the parking lot. Evan was about to get into his classic 65' Chevy when he heard her voice.

Sighing deeply, Evan turned slowly to look into the eyes of Emma.

"Evan," she said with a pout," when are we going to get back together?"

"When hell freezes over," Evan replied without hesitation.

Emma looked at Evan with eyes wide open.

"We were so good together," she said, batting her eyelashes.

Evan laughed humorlessly as he shook his head,"the hell we were. You fucking punched and bit me. Fucking bit me! And on top of that, you were fucking otjer men behind my back. I don't tolerate cheaters. And you knew that, but you didn't fucking care. Stop asking to get back together because you already know the answer. We are never getting back together."

And with that, Evan got into his car and pulled out of the parking lot before Emma had anything else to say. Driving towards Taissa's home gave Evan time to cool down. He didn't want to be in a bad mood when he hung out with his friend.

As he pulled into her driveway, he honked his horn, telling Taissa that he was here. With her middle finger raised, Taissa closed the door behind her and loxkingbit before making her way into a laughing Evan's car.

"Let's get a move on, wierdo," Taissa said, laughing along with Evan.

Still laughing, Evan pulled into the street and made his way towards the Hollywood Bowl.

"I never asked," Evan said as he slowly made his way up towards the parking," what kind of seats are they?"

"Front row seats baby! Close enough to see all the action."

Shaking his head with a smile on his face, Evan finally found a parking spot. Waiting for Taissa, Evan locked the door before holding his arm out towards her. Laughing, Taissa slipped her arm through his before both literally started skipping into the venue. The flashes of cameras from the paparazzi were all around them, but they didn't care. They both continued on with the skipping before finally finding their seats. Panting a little, they sat down and relaxed as much as they could on the hard seats.

After about twenty minutes of waiting, the lights suddenly went down and the crowd began to cheer and chant,'Dead Promises! Dead Promises! Dead Promises'.

And before long, the intro of the first song began.

That song sounds so familiar, Evan thought to himself, but from where?

Then, someone in a hooded float walked onto the stage and they began to sing in a haunting voice.

'Long lost words whisper slowly to me
Still can't find what keeps me here
When all this time I've been so hollow inside
(I know you're still there)

Watching me and wanting me
I can feel you pull me down
Fearing you, loving you
I won't let you pull me down

Hunting you, I can smell you alive
Your heart pounding in my head
Watching me and wanting me
I can feel you pull me down

Saving me, raping me, watching me
Watching me and wanting me
I can feel you pull me down
Fearing you, loving you
I won't let you pull me down'

During the end of the first verse, the cloaked figure flung it off and Evan was face to face, well sort of, to the girl he broke his promises to. She was wearing dark blue jeans and a lacy, dark grey shirt with an equally dark grey tank top underneath. On her feet were a pair of dark grey Dr.Martins with lack lacks on them. She was wearing several bracelets and necklaces.

Throughout the concert, his eyes were glued on her as she walked up and down the stage, giving away the jewelry she wore with a warm smile on her face. He could see her eyes scanning the crowd before they landed on him and Taissa. He saw her eyes go from a warm, dark brown to a hard, chocolate.

"This last song," she said, sending chills down Evan's back," I wrote a while back for a friend. I hope he read the lyrics I wrote, but never did I receive a reply. So this next, and last, song of the night is called 'Keep Your Heart Broken'."

'Enfolding your love in my heart
By the dawn I'll be gone
The road keeps us apart
For some time I'll be gone

You promised to swallow your tears when I leave you
You promised to follow the leads I will give you
You said you would crawl in the dark from the laughter
You said you would long after me ever after

My love will grow black if your heart gets stolen
Just promise to keep your heart
One day I'll come back if the door's still open
Just promise to keep your heart broken

Days go by like the wind
And this life is too short
It makes no sense to give in
To release you from my thoughts
I promised to write you, I'll always remember
I promised to try to be back 'til December
I said I must go, I must face this disaster
I said I would come after you ever after

My love will grow black if your heart gets stolen
Just promise to keep your heart
One day I'll come back if the door's still open
Just promise to keep your heart broken

If you just promise to keep your heart
Promise to keep your heart broken
If you just promise to keep your heart broken
Broken

My love will grow black if your heart gets stolen
Just promise to keep your heart
One day I'll come back if the door's still open
Just promise to keep your heart broken
Forever and after my love
Just promise to keep your heart broken'

Throughout the entire song, Alina kept her eyes steady on Evan's blue ones. Taissa took notice to this and her light brown eyes flickered back and forth between the two. As Alina took a bow and bid the crowd goodnight, Taissa turned to Evan and looked into his eyes.

"That's her, huh? The girl in your photo."

Evan nodded his head, swallowing the lump that lodged itself in his throat as she sang the song.

"Yeah. That's her."
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think?
I have nothing against Emma and Evan's relationship(don't even know if they're still together or not) its just part of the story.
Songs:
Haunted-Evanescesnse
Keep Your Heart Broken The Rasmus