Moonlight Surrender

Chapter One

Moonlight Surrender

William Beckett sighed as he rested his head in his hands as he sat in the library of The Dandy mansion. He sat in the old tan leather arm chair and looked around at the volumes of leather bound books that lined the mahogany book case.

It was hard being a fertile and the leader of one of the most dangerous vampire gangs in the city, maybe even the world. He took over when his parents died, and it was hard work. It was hard for people to take him seriously, he felt like a Victorian human woman trying to be Prime Minister. Vampires were old fashioned in how they viewed fertiles, doms very rarely believed fertiles could fight, William really did feel like he was a woman stuck in the eighteen hundreds sometimes.

“I think we need to make an alliance with The Cobras,” Mike Carden said coming in and looking at how tired William looked. Mike was an old school dom and really thought a fertile shouldn't be running a gang, even though he thought what William was doing was brave. After William's parents death they was no one to take over, William didn't want to see his gang or as vampires called it clan disbanded so William took over. Mike though could see how tired William was, he wasn't the tall intimidating man his father was. He was a skinny, wide eyed fertile.

“The only reason The Cobras want an alliance is because Gabe wants me as a mate,” William sighed.

“And you could do a lot worst, and think The Dandies and The Cobras together we would rule the city,” Mike said. “And if you're mated to Gabe he would know if you're in any trouble and come to your rescue,”

“You're worried about Wentz aren't you,” William said looking at Mike.

“Yeah I'm worried, he's a vampire that is hunting us, he's a vampire that has human friends, he's also a vampire that is obsessed with you. He's loose cannon, he's not wired right in the head for him to be having this love affair with humans, let alone hunting his own sort,” Mike sighed. He didn't like the Wentz situation at all. Surely Wentz had a mental health problem for him to be friends with humans, and now he had become obsessed with William. True if was The Dandies that had killed his human best friend's family, but William wasn't the head of The Dandies then. Mike couldn't work out what Pete wanted with William, was it revenge or something else. Mike had seen the way Pete looked at William and Mike didn't like it.

William was a good looking fertile, and he turned many a doms head, now Pete was looking at William like a piece of meat. It was like a dom would look at an attractive human, like they were just an object to sate their lust. It gave Mike the creeps that a dom would look at a fertile like a human sex slave, and he hated it that, that look was directed at William.

“I'm not worried about Wentz,” William said looking at Mike. That wasn't strictly true though, he wasn't worried because he always had The Dandies around him, it would be pretty hard for anyone to get to him, but then they was that chance that Pete might somehow do it.

“William you're smart, and I mean really smart. It's why people excepted you as the head of The Dandies, it's because of what goes on in that head of yours, you're a genius. But doms have a different kind of intelligence, we are cold and heartless when it comes to turf wars or being under threat from rival gangs, we don't have any compassion or empathy to those that cross us,” Mike said resting his hands on William's shoulders.

“So you think I'm a bad leader,” William sighs looking down.

“No I think you have vision, I think what goes on in your head is something that no one else could have, and it could make The Dandies better then we already are, but you have a fertiles compassion you need the coldness of a dom to put the fear of God into people,” Mike said.

“And you think Gabe is the answer?” William said looking up at Mike.

“Yes I do, Gabe cares about you, I would go as far as to say he loves you. He already said if you mated with him The Dandies would merge with The Cobras, and he would protect you with his life. Gabe is brutal when crossed, and he would be just as brutal if anyone crossed you,” Mike said.

“Okay, I do like Gabe, I like him a lot, I guess I could do worst. So I should seduce him?” William asked.

“I think you did that a long time ago William,” Mike smirked.