Trasna na huiscí

Chapter 8

Aine felt as though her face was going to crack from smiling so much, waving goodbye to the guests and accepting their hugs and kisses. "Lo siento, mi tesoro. But they all mean well, they all want to see the new Dona Ramos", said Sergio kindly.

"Si, but I've never seen so many people at a wedding before, not even my cousin's wedding was this big and it was in Galway and she married into the O'Donnell's", she replied.

"Ireland is not as big or as rich as Spain, I don't think you have as many nobles as we do. You have clan chiefs instead, verdad?", he asked.

"Si, us and Scotland are like that. The English have all the nobles, bloody useless lot they are", she said dismissively.

Sergio laughed at her wit and kissed her cheek. "Si, and they are boring and their women are ugly", he joked.

Aine had to laugh at her new husband's joke, feeling his arm around her waist as he kissed her cheek. "Azucena is staying with my father and her nurse for the next week while we have our honeymoon, relajarse mi tesoro", he murmured.

Aine blushed bright red at his words, averting her face. "There is nothing to be embarrassed about, mi tesoro. All married couples make love during their wedding night, I will teach you. I won't hurt you and you will like it, and hopefully we will have a child", he said.

"My mother never told me about what happens between a man and a woman, I have heard some of Father's men talk lewd things but that does not sound nice", she said.

Sergio burst into laughter and kissed the top of her head as he led her towards the waiting carriage. "It is not something strange or difficult to understand, it is perfectly natural. And ellos no saben que estaba diciendo, men talk like that when they think there are no women about. Fernando and I would talk like that when we didn't think there were women around, it is not meant for women", he said.

Aine let Sergio help her into the carriage outside the house as he closed the door and the driver pulled on the horses' reins. "We are going to my cottage outside the city in the mountains, it is where my father and brother used to go when they wanted to relax and get away from their duties for a while. My father would hunt and Rene and I would skin the animal and cook the meat, real country things. We have a small staff on hand to keep the cottage clean and to cook, but they are discreet and won't bother us", he said.

The carriage drove out of the city and into the hills surrounding the city, the inky black sky above illuminated by a pale new moon and stars. They arrived at a small neat cottage built at the foot of a small hill as the footmen quickly opened the door and helped them out, Sergio embracing them. "Ese son mi esposa y tu senora, Aine", he said.

Aine smiled kindly at the servants as Sergio took her hand and led her inside, introducing her to the other servants. "Buenos noches", he said as he led her upstairs.

Aine's heart pounded in both fear and anticipation as Sergio led her upstairs to a bedroom, lighting a small candleabra on a table and closing the door. She sat down on the edge of the bed and watched as he poured her a glass of sherry before pouring one for himself, taking a large gulp of the sweet wine. "Paciencia, mi tesoro. We have a whole week here to have our honeymoon, I won't rush you", he murmured.

Aine blushed as she set down the wine. "All I know is that the people get naked and the man puts his thing in the woman, I have seen animals mating in our barnyard", she said.

Sergio bit his lip to keep from laughing, taking a gulp of wine. "Ay yay yay, Aine. Lovemaking is like that in the strictly technical sense, but it is much better than that. Animals mating is one thing, but people are very different", he said.

Sergio set down his glass of sherry and sat next to her on the bed, an arm around her waist to draw her closer. He tilted her chin slightly with his fingers and leaned over to kiss her lips softly, an amused look in his dark eyes. "That is how it starts, with a little kiss", he said, kissing her again and lingering on her lips a bit longer. Aine moaned softly at the contact and her lips parted under his, his big hands resting on her waist.

Sergio broke the kiss and smiled down at her, his nose pressed against hers. "That is your first kiss, verdad?", he teased.

Aine watched as he got up from the bed and slowly took off his shirt, a hot blush forming on her cheeks when she saw his toned, muscular torso. "Te gustas, mi tesoro?", he chuckled.

Sergio took her hand and helped her get up, slowly unbuttoning the back of her dress and gently tugging it down as it pooled at her feet. He unlaced the corset and helped her out of the device, leaving her in just a shift. His dark eyes glowed with desire but he kept it in check as he kissed her softly. "Tu eres mas bella, mi tesoro. Vamos a dormir ahora, buenos noches y dulces suenos", he murmured, leading her over to the bed and pulling back the covers.