And Now I'm Nothing

The Party Scene

"Hey Vic, how many girls numbers do you think I can pick up tonight?" Mike smirked over at me, taking a sip from the red cup he was holding in his hand. We'd only been about thirty minutes into the party and he'd already downed about four cups of some alcoholic beverage, I probably shouldn't let him, but I'm one of those cool big brothers. Until he fucks up, then I'm just his big brother.

I shrugged, taking a sip of whatever liquid was in my cup- I hadn't asked, "I don't know, you're a man-whore," I joked, earning myself a slight shove, "Kidding, Kidding, I'd say about...two."

Mike glared at me, "I say more than twenty, no less." he winked at a short, flustered blonde.

"Whatever, Mikes." I scanned the crowded living area, looking for no one in general, "Hey, do you think-" he was already gone. Asshole.

Guess that's that. I thought to myself, walking over to Jaime in his usual party location. He was strangely alone, but I'll push that thought to the side, "Hime-Time!" I yelled over the music.

He flicked his head to the side to get a better look at me, grinning wildly when his eyes landed on me, "Victor!" he shouted, with just as much enthusiasm as I had.

It took me a while to get to where he was stood, due to the overwhelmingly large crowds of nifty teenagers. Not that I was complaining, but of course, any person who just did not "fit in" would probably have a rough time getting around in here. "Hey man," I greeted him with our old middle school handshake, the only one that stuck, "What are you doing over here?"

"I'm always here." he answered vaguely, fiddling with his car keys.

"No way," my eyes suddenly widened, looking from him- to his keys instinctively.

He glanced up at me quickly, "What?"

"You're the designated driver!" I yelled, as if it were the most horrific thing ever. Well, it was new considering Jaime hated driving- and not getting any booze into his system at any given chance. I wasn't sure whether to be proud, or just feel incredibly bad for him.

A rage filled glare was earned promptly, "Yeah, but you know what, I don't care." he stated confidently, "Their's no party without an intoxicated Jaime- the world just doesn't work like that." he shrugged, casting his eyes downward.

I laughed at him, only making matters worse- I mean, I was walking in some dense water right now, "It's alright Himes, one day you'll be able to drink just like the rest of us adults," I grinned, mockingly, taking a sip of whatever this was just to piss him off.

"When you're shit faced and can't get home, you better not come to me," He jabbed a finger onto my chest, narrowing his eyes.

I chuckled, "Jaime, I know how to hold my alcohol." I was persistent, but so was he.

"Wanna bet?"

-

- Kellin's P.O.V -

Well, Tay's gone...as expected. Some dude named Alex, I think, swept her up and took her into some room- probably talking about their chemistry homework or something.

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. All I see going on is, well, nothing. Just a bunch of sweaty over sized children dancing a little too close to each other. I, on the other hand, stick out like a sore thumb. I'm simply a wallflower I guess. Except not all wallflowers get swooped up by some attractive chick- or in this case, dude. You get the point.

This whole thing is extremely awkward- guess I better call backup.

"Hello, yes- Mom,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is appreciated! Unless you're not into that, haha.