And Now I'm Nothing

You Can't Sit With Us

- Vic's P.O.V -

It shouldn't be that hard to get Kellin to like me, I'm a likable person. People just like me. I mean, maybe he just enjoys playing hard to get. Tony walked up to me after Art was over, an expectant look on his face, "Care to explain..." he trailed off, following me over to my locker.

"Explain what?" I asked stupidly, shrugging a little.

He scoffed, "Why you were sitting with Kellin rather than with us," by 'us' he meant our little group of friends. Tony was a nice guy, not judge mental like the rest which really does keep me wondering why he'd want to hang out with us.

I couldn't exactly tell him what me and Jaime had planned out, so I settled with something, believable? Yeah, I'll go with that, "What I can't make new friends?" I shot back, raising an eyebrow.

He rolled his eyes, "No, Vic, you're not allowed to make any new friends." he spoke sarcastically.

"I'm just trying to find myself, you know?" trying to make this a bit more realistic was going to take some time...Tony's a pretty smart guy.

He nodded, "So, you're confused about your sexuality?"

That caught me off guard, "What?" I asked, and incredulous look on my face.

"Vic it's okay if you're confused," he shot me a reassuring smile, "You're still the same person."

What the hell is happening?

I swatted his arm off of my shoulder, "I'm not rethinking my fucking sexuality," I muttered, "I've just never had a gay friend." I shrugged, adding more lies onto my first.

Tony chuckled, "Whatever," he mumbled, "But if I catch you two playing Seven Minutes in Heaven-"

"Fuck off!" I laughed, walking away from him quickly.

Just because I'm being forced into a relationship with him doesn't mean we have to do any of that couple stuff, right? I could just tell him I'm not into all of that PDA stuff.

It's all good in the hood.

-

Classes went on as expected, well, until lunch. Lunch is totally considered a subject. I went on to sit at my usual table, when Jaime gave me a look, "What?" I asked, once everyone had been too busy talking to notice us.

"Why are you sitting here?" he asked accusingly.

"I always sit here," I responded, a dumbstruck look on my face.

He grinned mischievously, "Not anymore," he scoffed, giving me a look.

My head tilted to the side, "What do you mean, 'not anymore'?" I mimicked his voice as best as I could.

"I mean, you're sitting with your boyfriend now," he clarified, winking annoyingly.

I laughed loudly, without actually meaning to, gaining the attention from all of the others, "I am not sitting over there."

Jaime seemed to notice everyone else eyes on us, "Come on Vic, he's never going to notice you if you don't go and sit over there!" he urged, knowing exactly what he was doing.

"Who's he?" Jessie asked, seeming to catch onto what we were talking about. He gave me a look that I could not decipher.

I was about to speak up for myself, but Jaime beat me to it, "Kellin Quinn." he grinned.

Tony frowned in my direction, before turning his attention back onto Jaime, "What do you mean he's never going to notice him?" he asked, a dumbstruck look on his face.

"He means no-" I started talking, being cut off by none other than Jaime, once again.

"Vic's got a crush on Kellin over there," Jaime gestured towards Kellin and Tay, both of them seeming to be having an interesting conversation.

I rolled my eyes, "I do not have a crush on Kellin." I bit the inside of my cheek.

Jaime chuckled bitterly, "Um, yeah you do," he shook his head, "Come on Vic, we're your friends, you can be honest with us." he shot me a warning look.

All attention was back on me, "A-Alright, you guys got me!" I stumbled over my words- smiling sheepishly.

Tony's eyes widened, "Wait, so you are confused?" he pursed his lips.

"Yeah, but...well yeah," I nodded solemnly, the fact that I was lying to Tony just made me feel awful.

He grinned, "That's awesome man!" the others nodded in agreement.

Jeremy set his phone down on the table, "Why didn't you tell us sooner?" he asked, a small smile tugging onto his lips.

Because it's not true.

"Well, you know," I shrugged, "I just wasn't sure how?" I more asked then stated.

He nodded, "Go get him, dude!" Tony grinned, so did Jaime, though Jaime's was more of a humorous grin. He knew what was going on- and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

I made my way over to Kellin's table, catching their attention quickly, "Hey Kellin, Tay," I greeted them with a nod of my head,

Kellin groaned, "What are you doing here, Vic?" he asked, obviously annoyed with me.

"I believe the correct term is, 'Hello'." I joked, though neither of them laughed, "Just wanted to spend some quality time with my new friend!" I nudged him.

He wrinkled his nose disapprovingly, "We're not friends." he reminded me.

Yeah I know that, dipshit.

"Uh, yeah we are," I chuckled dryly.

Tay eyed me quickly, "What are you really doing here, Fuentes?" she asked, narrowing both eyes at me.

"Can't I make friends without being interrogated?" I groaned, giving them a little more attitude than I intended.

She rolled her eyes at me, "Sure you can make friends," she spoke quietly, "But we're not the type of people you're into making friends with," which was a complete lie. If it wasn't for Kellin, she'd be sitting over at my table, right next to Jenna- gossiping over all of the other girls who can't make it in.

"I don't have a type," I retorted, "Now come on, how's your day been?" I asked, returning my gaze back onto Kellin.

He glared at me, "It was all great," he nodded a little, "Until you decided to show up."

Well okay then.

"Mine's been pretty good too," I smiled.

This was going to be a challenge.