I Am Chris Motionless

I am Chris Motionless

In the dressing room, he sits in front of the mirror, applying his dark make up. The black eye makeup makes his dark brown eyes look almost gold. One last look in the mirror and he knows he is ready. He walks down the dark concrete hallway quietly humming to himself. Nervous butterflies flutter in his stomach. He stops humming and looks to the ground, taking deep calming breaths, the only other sound is the small clanking of chains on his pants.
As he gets closer to the stage doors there is a new sound, it starts as a low rumbling mess of sound, but as he gets closer the words start to form. “Motionless! Motionless!” The crowd chants. That was all he needed, in that moment he slowly raises his head, a small smile graces his pierced lips. He is ready.
At the stage doors he looks at his bandmates in the opposite stage door, they smile at each other and nod. With that the show has begun. First Vinne the drummer walks out, followed by Balz, headed to his keyboards, then Ricky and Ryan, their guitars in hand, and lastly Ghost walks out with his bass. The song begins and he walks out on stage. He hardly notices the girls that are screaming they love him, all that matters is the lights, the music, the stage, and the room in front of him filled with people who came to see them. It was exhilarating, like it was his first show all over again. That night he sang his heart out, forgetting everything but the music. That’s all there is, music.