Pumpkin Seed's from the Pumpkin King

Soaking wet because of you

I died today... Or was i even alive to begin with?

As I fall through this suffocating vortex whirling all around me, my mind flashes back to all those happy faces that took me in when i was weak and cold. The one called John had laugh wrinkles... Martha always wore pretty dresses... mostly pink... and Julie... she didn't say much. She was much younger than me, would always crawl... "...still learning how to walk" I was told.

The first thing i saw when i woke up was Martha covering me with a blanket and an umbrella to protect me from the rain. The sun was gone but it was still light when they showed up, found me in the middle of the street, naked and alone. My body was so hot, and the sensation of the rain made everything better...

After days of tests and question's that i couldn't answer, I was allowed to stay with John and Martha. What started as "just a month", ended being a year. Just like me, they sheltered and protected Julie; They always tried to make me feel welcome, but there was always something missing. "You have gorgeous long blonde hair Rachel" Martha said one day as she brushed my hair. "Thank you It's always been blonde" I assured her.

I barely said anything at home, but there was really nothing to say about anything. Julie was strange making bubbles out of her own mucus, John was simple and nice, Martha... She had an air of authority but the softness of someone you've come to know for a long time... This feeling is familiar to me.

School seemed chaotic, strict, and hazardous; the way everyone ran around and pushed each other ignoring those being shoved into lockers. All those that approached me seemed... "ugly", everything about them was dark, gloomy and at times nauseating. Then there's Katherine (Cat), surrounded by everyone else she looked grim... alone she was alluring... Lively but hidden I thought. She always had interesting stories to tell me about lost world's or thing's happening far far away from here. She gave me a feeling of flying and a sense of curiosity, that's probably what got me here...

Walking to school I took a path through the forest to catch faeries, and instead i slipped and fell. After the initial pain i saw in-front of me a beautiful small cascade of water; what attracts me most is the small cave hidden between the rock's with floating water inside it. As I touched the surface, it sucked me in sending me down the spiraling mouth.

It feels like a long time has passed and I can't hold my breath any longer.. as I start to black out though I'm thrown into another body of water, It's still and I can surface. Slowly, my eye's adjust to the dim light, my heart beat slows down and I find I am in a decorated cave with little ball's of fire all around... A loud sound from somewhere deep inside make me look up quickly to find the most terrifying yet beautifully fascinating creature I have ever seen.

He is playing what seems to be a large disfigured piano, long thing arms and legs, wearing nothing but a simple black suit, pants and tie.

What caught me off guard was his head... It was a large pumpkin head with a carved out face and a small warm glow coming from inside...

That's how i came face to face with the Pumpkin King...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a recalling of my dream, some parts are blank so i had to fill them in other's are made up from my own imagination xD I hope i don't freak u out lol

~Susie