Status: PLEASE DO NOT COPY THIS BOOK! IT IS COPYRIGHT! And I hope you enjoy! ;)

Dreamer

Jenny's Dream

Jenny walked on to the stage. Bright lights stung her eyes, and she closed them. Her whole body tingled with excitement. Slowly, slowly she opened her eyes. So many people! How was she supposed to perform?
Jenny barely heard the host of the annual ‘Miss Singer’ introducing her. She had trained for this her whole life.
‘Calm down, ‘she thought ‘you’ll be fine. Just remember what you’ve learned.’
The host finished introducing her and left the stage. Immediately Jenny felt the eyes of thousands of people turn to look at her, including the three judges, who will decide who shall be the winner of this year’s ‘Miss Singer’.
Jenny took a deep breath and motioned for the orchestra to play. The sweet, soft music flowed as Jenny began to sing. Her young voice sang the song that she had composed herself:
“I am a Dreamer,
Are you one too?
We invite you in,
And hope your dreams come true…”
As she reached the end of her song, Jenny was afraid to look up as she took a hasty bow. Did the audience like it? As her shy eyes met the audience’s, they exploded into claps. Some even jumped out of their seats, whistling and whoo-hooing her. She smiled, took another bow, then turned and left the stage.
Then, out of the corner of her eye Jenny saw something. Two teenage girls. One had jet-black hair and the other had flaming red hair. As Jenny watched, the red haired girl suddenly dissapeared in a flash of white light. The other girl whipped around, yelling, and the look on her face told Jenny that the girl was afraid. Very afraid.
Suddenly, the stage, the people, everything, disappeared. And Jenny found herself being woken up by her older sister Tina.
“Come on, Jenny, its half-past seven! We’ll be late for school, and I do not want to miss my date with Steve Jackson. He is so CUTE!” and with that, Tina left Jenny’s room, busily fluffing her auburn hair.
Jenny rolled her eyes. It seemed to her that Tina ALWAYS had a date with one boy or another. She never had any boyfriends. Anyway, she didn’t expect to get one soon, nor did she even want one. Her recent move has forced her to leave behind her friends and her home.
This had been her first week at school, and she still didn’t have any friends, while Tina already had a boyfriend! But Tina was always been funny, pretty and likable, and people were drawn to her, while Jenny was quite down-to-earth and shy.
However, she had been able to bring her whole library of books to her new home-mostly fantasies about Elves and other different worlds. She had the whole ‘Harry Potter’, ‘Percy Jackson’, ‘Pegasus’, ‘Narnia’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings’ collection. These books stopped her from feeling so lonely, and sometimes even made Jenny think that they were real. She especially liked ‘The Lord of the Rings’, because she had always loved Elves. Jenny didn’t really know why, but she just loved them, and felt like there was a special connection between her and the Elves. Every now and then, she had a strange feeling inside her that the Elves, and other fantasy races were real, and they were calling her to come to them.
Jenny looked fondly at her books, neatly stacked in her rose wood bookcase. Her whole room was filled with book and movie posters for her favorite characters. Sometimes she felt like they might come alive, but she knew that she was just kidding herself.
Jenny sighed. She just had to face what the day would bring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Enjoy?
Comment, Recomend and subscribe! Thanks so much!~~~