Status: New Original coming your way

Escaping Never Land

Prologue: The Beginning

Darkness enveloped London. Motor vehicles that normally ran rampant had ceased. Businesses swallowed into blackness, street lights cast a yellow light onto the empty walkways. Every human being in the large city slept soundly as he sped through the night. His eyes bright scanning each window for an excuse to stop. An inky shadow lurking in a window, a dull light. Anything that could alert him to another person. Beside him a young faerie flew, trailing gold dust behind her, her translucent wings beating erratically to keep up with the youthful boy.

“Well it seems everyone is asleep Tink,” he said to the faerie turning his head, even in the darkness she could see the disheartened look on his face. The faerie was about to reply when the red haired boy stopped moving. Hovering in mid air he turned his head. Tinkerbell flew forward a little to see where he had turned his attention to. That was when she saw it, an inky silhouette in one of the nearby houses.

“Tinkerbell,” he called over his shoulder before flying forward. The small being quickly sped up to the boy.

“Peter,” she spoke her voice resounding in his mind. “Peter what if it is not a child?”

“Of corse it is a child Tink, look how small its shadow is.” he couldn’t help but laugh at how foolish the little faerie could be sometimes.

As Peter flew closer to the home he stuck to the sides landing on the roof with a light ‘thud’ he walked around till he was close to the window the shadow seemed to be gazing out of. Tinkerbell hovered near his face casting a golden light on his cheeks.

“Tink work your magic,” he whispered turning his face to look at her, his blue eyes sparkled in the golden glow she radiated. Nodding her head she fluttered in toward the window. From behind the glass she heard a gasp. Turning she looked at the figure behind the glass pane. She didn’t have a chance to have a decent look before the window was gently pushed open and a small hand extended out. Hesitantly Tinkerbell allowed herself to descend into the palm of what could only have been a child. Slowly she sat down in the warm palm as she was gently bought into the warmth of the house. The child was so wrapped up in Tinkerbell that she didn’t even notice when Peter silently sat himself down on her window seal.

“She’s pretty isn’t she?” the child jumped at the sound of Peter’s voice automatically squeezing her hand closed, luckily Tinkerbell flew out before she was crushed.

The child nodded their head, but didn’t make a sound. Silence enveloped them before Peter broke it.

“Perhaps some light. Do you want to see what else my little friend here can do?” he asked in a gentle tone. In the darkness the two made out a slight nod of the figures head. “Tinkerbell if you please.”
Tinkerbell nodded her head. Closing her eyes she allowed the full extent of her magic show. Her mind focused on creating light for the child. For Peter. She felt her body warming as the glow grew into a strong light. Another gasp fell from the child's lips causing the faerie to open her light eyes.
in the light she had created the child’s face could be seen perfectly.

The silhouette had in fact been a girl. A girl no older then six. She had blonde hair that fell to her shoulders in two braids, her eyes were a dark cerulean blue. The smile spread across her face exposed deep dimples in her cheeks.

“What is your name?” Peter asked kindly. The little girl lifted her eyes away from Tinkerbell and looked up at Peter.

“Perdita,” her voice was soft, a whisper.

“Well Perdita, this is Tinkerbell,” he indicated by looking at the faerie, “And I am Peter Pan,” Perdita smiled at Peter nodding her head gently in greeting.

“Do you like playing games?” he asked gently. Perdita nodded her head vigorously.

“I like hide and seek,” she said smiling widely.

“Well come and play with us, we need one more person to play… it’s not as fun with just two. Would you like to come and play with us?”
The child nodded her head and jumped up and down excitedly.

“Take my hand and we can go and play,” the young boy extended his hand and Perdita placed hers in it. He lifted her onto the widow seal. “Close your eyes.” he whispered. The child followed his request not seeing the way Tinkerbell circled her sprinkling faerie dust onto her allowing her to fly like the boy.

“Think of the happiest thing you can,” he whispered in her ear. A smile spread across the girls face as she pictured her family. She hadn’t even realised she was several inches above her window seal hovering. Peter took this opportunity to step off the window seal and pull her into the night.

“You can open your eyes now.” he whispered. Slowly Perdita opened her eyes only to find herself flying through the night air. A scream built in her throat as fear took over her body and she began to descend. Peter grabbed her pulling her close to him.

“It’s alright, just keep thinking happy thoughts and you can fly like me… you need to be able to fly in order to get to where were going.”

“To play?” she asked even though her tone wavered.

“Yes, to play. You do still want to play hide and seek with us, don’t you?”

“Yes,” Perdita nodded her head.

“Then clear your mind and fill it with the happiest thoughts you have and we will get there quicker.” Perdita quickly scrambled for a happy thought. She thought of playing for hours with her new friends. Laughing and chasing one and other through the trees. Her body became light again and she was able to fly Peter slowly let go of her body instead grasping her hand and leading her though the night and into the stars above.

“Second star to the right,” he whispered to himself, “and straight on till morning.” A smile spread across his face as he got closer to home.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first chapter of Nano story.

I am very proud of this chapter! Yes it is a tale of Peter Pan and no it is not a OUAT fan fiction...

I would like to thank sugarplum. For recommending this story. It means so much to me... thank you darling :)

Cheers Esther :)