Status: New Original coming your way

Escaping Never Land

Chapter 2: Tiger Lily

I stood in the crows nest looking out at the bay, the cool sea breeze blowing across my cheeks comfortingly. I looked for any sign of disturbance or the possibility that Pan would show his face and start a riot on board.

Taking a deep breath I filled my lungs and watched as the sun dipped further in the sky. The sky above me was a firelight orange and the clouds had hues of purple in them. Never Land always had the most breathtaking sunsets. Looking up I watched as a flock of gulls soared past me oblivious to the ship below them.

My one wish was that I too could be a bird. I could be free to simply spread my wings and fly, to escape this place and the horrors it holds.

As I watched the flock disappear into the horizon I was surprised to hear the light tinkling of bells ascending up toward me. Pulling my eyes from the sky I caught sight of Tinkerbell. The faerie was never able to sneak up on anyone, especially when she was nervous or scared.

"Tinkerbell, are you alright?" I asked leaning over resting my arms on the railing around the crows nest. The faerie stood silently shifting from foot to foot.

"I am worried about James." she stated wistfully, turning her head she looked down at the Captains quarters where James had disappeared toI followed her gaze looking down there, I couldn't help but suddenly be filled with sadness for James.

As soon as he had found out about Tiger Lily and her disappearance he had excused himself from the ship, making Nibbs take over the wheel while he slunk back into his quarters. I had never been told the extend of Tiger Lily and James' relationship. I simply assumed it was a touchy subject for him. Curiosity bubbled away inside me as I looked at the door waiting for him to re-emerge onto the ship and start calling out orders for the night sail.

"He loved her," it was Tinkerbell's voice that broke the silence. Turning my head I looked at her, her light eyes were still trained on the doors that were pushed closed. I was about to ask what she meant but there was no need. "As a child Peter had taken James to the Indian camp. It was there he had met Tiger Lily, she had been only nine, the same age as James at the time. Tiger Lily had always been a quiet girl. She was a girl of very few words. That was what drew James to her, he had always seen her silence as a mysterious side. James had tried everything to get the young girl to talk, he had joked with her, danced for her, he had even tried singing to her but nothing swayed the girl she remained silent." the faerie's voice trailed off. Looking at her I noticed the way she shook her head as if trying to rid herself of a bad memory that had suddenly washed over her. "As James grew the more he wanted to spend time with Tiger Lily, for the most part it was to play, to have fun, to laugh with her and to get her to talk. Everything had been going so well. Still Tiger Lily never spoke to James. The Indian had a way with body language, she had never needed to speak in order for the young boy to know what she was trying to get across to him. However when both reached the age of fourteen it was the night before James was to be..." Tink swallowed harshly and shivered. "Killed." the words came out no higher then a whisper and I noticed the way she winced at the word. "That was the night Tiger Lily had seeked out James. She had dreamt the night before of him, she had dreamt his death. So scared for her friend she went to him to tell him."

'James was so surprised when she spoke to him for the first time that he wasn't sure what to say or do, Tiger Lily had always been a friend to him but so had Peter Pan. He was torn, Tiger Lily had spoken to him for the first time in his life to warn him about his death. Yet Peter never seemed like the type of boy that would kill his friends." The young Indian girl had tried to get him away from Peter, she had tried to protect him yet James being a child and unable to see the cruelty that truly lied inside Pan he returned to the boy, he returned leaving Tiger Lily scared and in tears.

'I had been flying back to my home with my brethren when I stumbled across muttering to herself as she wandered around the forest in the late hours of the night. I had stopped flying over to see if she was alright. Her blood shot eyes stared at me, her cheeks were stained with drying tear tracks and her hair, her beautiful raven hair looked as if she had been trying to rip it out." A sob left the faeries lips. Automatically I reached out my palm for her to step on. Instead she flew up and nestled in the crook of my neck hidden beneath my hair.

"What happened next?" I asked my tone was a whisper. Tinkerbell didn’t have a chance to answer me before the sound of a door opening sounded causing me to look down and find James emerging from his quarters. His posture was different, it was rigid. He shooed Nibbs away from the steering wheel. The male had stumbled backwards before scurrying off to help with the rigging. “Something is not right.”

“No, you’re right.”

Quickly I climbed out of the nest and began scaling down the ropes. I dropped on deck with a ‘thud’ as my feet hit the wooden surface. Tinkerbell flew from my shoulder I watched as she hurried over to him. Hesitantly I walked toward him.

The closer I got the more I noticed how harsh his features were, his lips were drawn into a thin line and his eyes, his eyes were clouded with anger. Even when he spoke his words were laced with harsh tones. He said something to the faerie beside him before she flittered off.

“J-James?” I asked hesitantly stepping toward him.

“Yes?” he snapped causing me to jump slightly and step back. I had never seen this side of him, he had always been kind to me, to the crew and now he was firm and harsh.

“A-Are you a-alright?” there was no answer from him, his eyes were trained on the horizon.

“Perfect… Just perfect.” he said before spinning the wheel of the ship causing it to lurch sharply knocking me off my feet. I landed on the deck harshly. Groaning I looked up and saw a look of pure hatred on the Captains face. “Everything… is… perfect.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is, the next chapter :) sorry it has taken a few days. But none the less...
We get a bit of a look into Hook's past.
What do you think?
Will he find Tiger Lily?

Shout out to
aries.angel
and CharlieN for their wonderful comments thank you so much.
And a big thanks to those who have read, subscribed and recommended this story.
Cheers Esther :)