Perfect Birthday Present

My Life

"Beep, Beep, Beep" .

The sound of the alarm was all to be heard in a morning like Cassie's. She was late again and she knew it.

"ugh", was the sound as she let out a sigh.

She quickly jumped out from her bed and almost tripped on a pile of dirty laundry.

"Ring, Ring" the phone began to ring bright and early.

She quickly ignored it as she ran into the shower. She struggled to put her shirt on but managed to do so with out messing up her hair. She would have never guessed that the person calling her was her mother.

20 years ago: "Splash" "I have to get out of this rain quickly", with baby in hand she ran and ran until she found the first foster home she saw. She lay the baby on the front steps, kissed her for head, and waved good bye. Even through the rain you could make out her tears. She rang the doorbell and faster than a mice she disappeared into the rain. (back to present time)

"Park the car in the usual please", she told the vale.

"I hate this place",she said under her breath.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing Continue with your job."

She was in a bad mood and the vale knew why. She was late for the third straight time and she was going to get yelled at.

"whoops" she slipped on her bright aqua pumps and trampled to the floor.

"Do you need a hand?" said the man she had bumped into.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her up. Both reached for the papers that were splashed over the floor

"Do you work here?'" she said curiously.

"Who wants to know?" he said with a smirk.

"The vice president Cassandra".

"oh is that you?.

"Obviously".

" My name is Alejandro, and I just got hired today and start tomorrow".

"What for?".

"Financial manager".

"Well I have to go I'm running late again".

"Again".

"Yeah again" she said with a giggle that she tried to hide, she quickly disappeared into her office".

He said to himself, "vice, those are my type".

Back 20 years: "Hello, Hello is anyone there?' said the foster home mom

"Waa, Waa" yelled the baby.

She quickly looked down and yelled "o my gosh". She then picked up the baby and headed inside, away from the rain. She couldn't believe what had landed on her front steps. She grabbed a dry blanket, fresh clothes, and a diaper and headed for the living room. She changed the babies diaper, and clothes. Than she wrapped the shivering baby in a warm blanket. She instantly fell in love with the baby. (back to present time)

"Zap" "Cassie, can I see you in my office right away please?"

"Yes Sir" she said, adding a sigh at the end.

She opened the door to the president's office and instantly saw, what she saw everyday, 15 windows from floor to ceiling on two walls and a view of the ocean. Then she shifted her attention to the comfortable chair she was going to sit in while enduring the pain of getting yelled at.

"Do you know what time you got here today?"

"9:03 exactly sir, she said with a shy tone".

"And what time are you suppose to be here?"

"8:15 or earlier sir".

"And did you know that this is the third time you've been late this week?"

"Yes, sir".

"And why have you been late three times?"

"I just over slept, it won't happen again, sir".

"I know it won't happen again because if it does, there won't be another chance for you to be late".

"Yes, sir".

"But that isn't why I called you here in the first place, we have a new financial officer" "His name is Alejandro, he starts tomorrow".

She giggled at the mention of his name.

"You find that funny"?

"No, sir".

"You're dismissed".

"Thank You".

Back 20 years:

The sun awoke Mrs. Helen, she stood up and walked directly to the new crib that she had set up yesterday late at night. The baby was sound asleep, and she wanted to make sure it stayed like that for a while. Then she went to check up on her other two daughters, adopted of course, they were twins. Their names were Katrina and Klare. Mrs. Helen found them wide awake on their beds, watching Dora.

"Wa, Wa, Wa" screeched the baby.

"Who is that Mommy" said Katrina.

"Your new sister, let me check on her".

"Hush little baby don't say a word".

The baby looked her in the eyes and giggled.

"What will I name her, I have to find a name soon I have an appointment at the adoption center at 12:00".

"Girls did you wash up?"

"Yes mom".

"Pick some clothes out we're leaving soon".

They quickly scattered to their closets.