Found

That Daughter, Taken Home

The room was quiet to say the least. The walls lined with books. Books of all types. Not just the walls, it was the floors as well. Stacks and stacks of books towered over a platform. On the wooden platform, was a tall desk, papers and scrolls, and things that Sebastian vaguely recognized scattered about. "Ahem, excuse me-"

"Will! Good to see you again, I haven't seen you since... hmm, when did I last see you?" An excited and light voice said, from behind the desk a figure appeared. A man, not too tall but decent in height, stood calmly. His hands in his pockets, he wore a pair of dress pants, a white button up shirt half done. He looked rather aloof, but Sebastian knew better than to assume. "Ah! I remember! It was when you had those old glasses of yours! Aww, you had been only a student then. And look how things turned out!" Indigatus said, waving one if his hands about. His eyes soon turned to look at his companion, and Sebastian stayed expressionless under his stare. "Ah... you must be the demon... mmm, what's your name again? I believe it was Lewis the last contract-" "My identity now, is Sebastian Michaelis, Lord Indigatus..." Sebastian said, bowing slightly. Indigatus blinked, then smiled. His face was young looking, though to Sebastian's knowledge, he was the exact opposite. In fact, it wasn't presumptuous to call him, Ancient.

"Ah, well then Sebastian Michaelis, I will take a guess that you do not know why you are here?" Indigatus said. His smile was a relaxing sight, and Sebastian allowed himself to lower his guard. Indigatus wasn't known for temper, nor violence. He was known for all knowledge of the supernatural creatures that roam the earth however. "No, Lord... I am afraid not." He said, and Indigatus merely nodded.

"Then I suppose you wouldn't happen to recognize this small thing here?" He said, and gestured to the door at the side of his "office" and Sebastian watched it with a keen eye.

It opened, and out came two men wheeling a cage. Inside the cage, looked to be a white lump. Sebastian narrowed his eyes, as the lump looked to be breathing. Its side rising and falling rhythmically. Indigatus smiled at the cage tenderly. "I have to say, I never expected for something like this to result." He said, and then looked back at Sebastian. "Well Sebastian? Do you recognize her?" He asked, and Sebastian furrowed his brows.

"I cannot see the face..." he said, and Indigatus nodded. "Right well, she's sleeping so... ah, Kieth, be a dear and wake the girl up." He said, and one of the men nodded. Going around to the front if the cage, he leaned down, and opened it easily without a key. Be shook the lump gently, and Sebastian watched as it jerked awake, and slowly rose up on its arms. He saw that it was covered with a white blanket, so when the head lifted, the blanked fell around its elbows. His eyes widened as he immediately recognized the face.

Red eyes meet each other immediately, and Sebastian stares at the girl in shock. This, is his? "It appears that I do... but it was only today that I had-"

"She was found jumping portals at around two in the morning, er, say about two centuries further down the line? And, then of course there was the matter of trying to find this sweet girls mother, turns out she was dead. And she has been trying to find her father for five years now." Indigatus remarked, walking towards the cage, and gesturing for the girl to come out. The girl did so, and was led by Indigatus to Sebastian. Sebastian eyed the girl with slight distaste... she looked so... human. Most kin either carry traits from the mother or the fathers true form, and cannot control their looks until a few years or so. This girl looked nothing like his blood... at least in the demon aspect of it. In terms of the "human" Sebastian, he looked very much like him. Sebastian narrowed his eyes. This could be a trick...

"No no, don't go thinking that. You are, one hundred percent, her father-"

"How?" Sebastian said, and looked at Indigatus now, who only smirked and patted the girls head. "Well, she may not be a demon, but she has not only your looks, but some if your DNA as well." He said and Sebastian furrowed his brows. He looked at the girl once again, and was a bit taken aback by her smirk. "I told you he wouldn't remember." She said, and turned to looked at Indigatus now, who sighed in response. "Yes yes, I suppose so." He said, and the girl merely gave a humor less chuckle. For she was getting more and more inwardly frustrated by the moment.

Her mother raised her (or, at least what she remembered of her) to be gracious in every word and step. But when it came to her "father" she only grew agitated. She didn't exactly need him- who was she kidding. She could barely survive alone on the streets. She wasn't used to such a malnourished environment London offered. Or, really anywhere she went. As a young girl, she needed to survive on food and attention for a while. Even for her, she needed it to grow healthy. She eyed the tall man before her. She had always known this was her father. She could sense it perfectly. "Listen, Sebastian, this girl needs to be with a parent, for at least another six years. After that, you can let her go, right Phoebe?" Indigatus said, looking down at the black haired girl now. She nodded in response.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes in obvious distaste. He knew absolutely nothing about how to raise 'demon' kin- then it hit him. "She isn't a demon?" He asked, and Indigatus nodded. "No, she is part of a very... more so extremely rare race known as Phoelmogen. Little Phoebe here, is the last one." He said, and she looked down at her feet. Sebastian noticed this gesture, and glanced at her feet as well. Her toenails were black. "Phoelmogen? Mind explaining?" Sebastian asked, and Indigatus smiled. "Actually, the only knowledge I have is that this little girl is half an Ancient, and half... something else. And that its your job to take care of her for the time being." He said, and pushed her forward. Sebastian froze in slight shock when he felt the small thing bump against his leg. He looked down when she didn't move, and noticed her looking up at him expectantly. What was she expecting? For him to scoop her up and take her home?

Highly unlikely.

Phoebe blinked, and looked away when her father pointedly avoided her gaze after a few minutes. It wasn't dejection she was feeling... it was more so... irritation. After it was obvious this man didn't remember her, or her mother for a fact, she had decided it was time to visit her old home again, and live alone in the cottage her mother occupied with her before that... one fateful night. She found the streets unbearable, and the only reason she lived on them was to look for her dad and somehow create a bond. She had never met the man, and let alone knew he actually existed until after her mother died. It was as if a switch had been flicked, and she was now determined to find him. Rejection didn't cross her mind until after she had sensed his energy surrounding a large mansion. She was more so waiting for possible rejection when it appeared to be very, very dark energy. Yet, she was still drawn to it.

"Well, what are you waiting for? You're dismissed." Indigatus said, waving his hand in a shoo-ing motion. Sebastian forced a tight lipped smile and nodded. "Very well." He started. He was surprised when the girl suddenly lifted up her hands, and made an oval motion with them. Effectively creating a portal. "Goodbye uncle Indigatus." She said, looking over the small portal. Indigatus raised his eyebrows, surprised, but then gave her a kind smile in return. "Bye bye, Phoebe. It was nice meeting you." He said, and with that, Phoebe stepped into the portal, followed by Will the Reaper, and Sebastian the demon.

...

"I suppose you would have to rest here until morning. I am to guess you need sleep, correct?" Sebastian said, opening the door for his new 'daughter'. Phoebe nodded, and walked inside the room. "Yes, I could stay up... but that wouldn't be good." She said, and immediately jumped onto the bed, sitting down. She was in her burnt up white dress (more so brown and grey, less so white) that went down to her knees, and the moment she got on the bed, she was picked up and placed on the floor by Sebastian. "You are filthy." He stated, and Phoebe blinked. Her cheeks were dusted pink at the remark, but she made no comment and simply let Sebastian examine her further. She noticed him looking at the burnt holes in her dress. He furrowed his brows, "And what on earth have you been doing to earn such... holes? Gutter rats have nicer clothing." He said, and Phoebe gave him a bemused look. "I'm still learning how to keep that from happening every time I try to warm myself up... though... at least now I guess I won't need to keep doing that?" She finished, looking at Sebastian expectantly. Her eyes saying "you're going to take care of me, right?" Sebastian begrudgedly gave a curt "yes" and walked into the bathroom.

"First things first, you need to bathe." He said, and watched as Phoebe gave a pained look.

This was going to be a long night for he Phantomhive butler.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh Chapter is Meh...