Status: I guess I'm back?

The Illusion's Edge

2

WOOHOO another update! Long time no see! Please don't shoot me for the ending!

~:John&Niko:~:~John&Niko:~

John's hands moved down to hold Niko's thighs when the door opened."Oh! I'm sorry honey!" John's mother,Anna laughed watching the skinny boy jump off of her son with bright red cheeks. John held Niko close to him a slight blush on his face but, also a smirk on his face at Niko's reaction."Sweetie, you might want to head upstairs to your room because your father is going to be home soon" Anna said while walking into the kitchen to make dinner. John nodded even though she couldn't see him. While Anna approved of their relationship, Nathan - his father - had no idea that his only son was gay and John was not about to tell him about it.

John got up from the couch and helped Niko up smiling softly at the blush on his face still. John grabbed their bags before following Niko up the stairs. John frowned slightly when Niko looked back slightly as if to still make sure he was there or to see if his father was there yet but either way it still made John upset. He didn't want him to be afraid of him leaving him or of his father. John reached up and grabbed Niko's hand and frowned slightly when the skinny fingers clutched on to his. "Keep the door cracked!" Anna shouted from downstairs which only increased Niko's blush and John's amusement.

John let Niko lead them to the room and let go off his hand to close the door and drop their bags. John turned around and just admired Niko for a second. His combed back black hair, his blazer with his very nerdy Star Trek pin, his black skinny jeans leading down to his bright red converses that John bought him for his birthday bouncing up and down on the ground from his nervousness. John walked over to him and sat down right in front of him and grabbed his hands. "No need to be embarrassed" He said softly to him swinging his hands slightly to get him to smile. After a couple of minutes, a smile finally cracked on Niko's lips making John smile as well. John let go of his hands and placed his hands on Niko's feet. "As much as I love the converses, the sound is annoying" He teased up at Niko. "I like to wear them. They are comfortable and from you" Niko said in his shy voice and John's heart swelled a bit.

John knelt up in between Niko's thighs and kissed him softly. He knew the other reason Niko wore them and why he didn't say it out loud. He didn't want to sound like Logan when she would wear the necklace he got her. John knew the stress that was always put on the both of them and tried desperately to show Niko it would be okay. His boyfriend just had a very thick skull. John pulled away and stood up fully and sat down on the bed and pulled Niko into his arms. "Do you want to do homework or?" he asked laughing loudly when Niko tackled him back on the bed before he could finish his sentence. John wrestled around with Niko before they ended up with John's head against the pillows and Niko curled up to his chest. John's hand rested on his lower back under his shirt after his blazer was thrown across the room. John knew it sound like one of those lovey dovey couples but, after a long day at school he was happy he can just spend time with Niko all curled up.John turned on the tv and rubbed Niko's lower back gently listening to his breathing knowing he was close to falling asleep. John's eyes slowly slipped shut with a small smile on his face.

~:John&Niko:~:~John&Niko:~

An annoying ringing sound woke John up later that night and he groaned softly. He opened his eyes tiredly looking around for where the noise was coming from and rolled his eyes when he saw the bright light coming from Niko's back pocket. He didn't want to wake up Niko since he looked so precious cuddled up to his chest but, it might be Niko's mother worried about him not being home yet. "Jamie" He whispered nudging him gently " Jamie, wake up" He said a little louder reaching under Niko and picking him slightly so he sat up on his chest. "No buggie" he whined softly leaning back down and hid in his neck. John smiled softly at him and patted his back " I know baby, but I think your mother is calling you and I don't think the excuse 'My boyfriend was to comfortable' will work for you with her" John teased watching Niko's arm go back to grab his phone and then he sat up on John's hips not even trying to hold himself up. John watched Niko flinch back from the bright light of the phone when he clicked the lock button. "It was just Logan calling but, my dad does want me home" Niko mumbled leaning down and kissing John quickly before getting up.

Watching Niko pick up his jacket, John finally sat up and beckoned him over to him and held him close to him. "Did you want me to walk you home?" he asked not to keen on letting Niko walk home by himself at this time. Niko shook his head slowly still a little tired "If they see me with you, they will start asking questions that I will not be able to answer" He said softly walking over to John's desk to get his backpack. John walked up behind him and grabbed his hips pulling him closer to his chest. "Bug, I have to go" Niko sighed softly leaning his head back on John's shoulder. "I wanted my goodbye kiss" John whispered turning Niko around and held him close again.

Niko smiled sleepily and leaned up pressing his lips against John's.John held his hips tighter and kissed him back humming softly against his lips not wanting this moment to end for the both of them because it would be hard for them to pretend this was just a study session. But, Of course Niko's phone goes off again and John frowns when Niko pulls away to answer it. John caught some of the conversation between Niko and what sounded like his mother. Niko hung up and turned back to John and reached up rubbing his fingers against John's cheek.

"I love you, Buggie" he whispered softly "I love you too Jamie. Be careful please" He pleaded ignoring the playful glare Niko gave him for calling him Jamie. John rubbed Niko's cheek softly with his fingers. Niko smiled at John's worried nature and pecked his lips quickly "I promise Bug" Niko smiled gently giving John one more quick kiss before turning and started to head down the stairs. John followed behind taking note that his father was in the kitchen and could easily see the closet couple. Once they reached the bottom, John rubbed Niko's back quickly when his father wasn't looking.

Niko turned towards the kitchen waving at Anna "Thank you for having me Mrs.Martin, Mr.Martin" He said politely."Call me Anna dear" Anna said smirking at the couple making Niko blush slightly once more and making John grin at his boyfriend's embarrassment. John led Niko over to the door and out on the porch "Text me when you get home" he whispered gently grabbing his wrist and giving it a reassuring squeeze since his father could still see them out the window. "I will John don't worry" Niko smiled resisting his urge to grab on to his boyfriend. John watched Niko walked down the steps and then down the street till he was out of sight before sighing and heading back inside.

Taking the seat to his mother, John started to eat his food. "He didn't need a ride home?" Anna asked slightly concerned since it was dark out. Before John could even answer his father cut him off with "Why are you concerned with this boy? He is sixteen." The knot in John's stomach tighten in worry. He slipped his phone from his pocket and clicked Niko's number.

To: Niko <3

Are you okay?-John

John slipped his phone back into his pocket and started to eat his dinner again. He knew he was being a worried wart but, Niko was a good-looking boy and it was really dark outside. He felt his phone buzz and pulled it out his pocket smiling softly at the message.

From: Niko <3

Yes babe, I'm Fine <3-Niko

John slipped his back into his pocket and continued to eat. "Who you texting boy? Girlfriend?" his father spat and John frowned at his father. He never understood why his father treated him like slave and never liked. "Something like that" John mumbled his eyes on his plate afraid to look up at his father so his father wouldn't be able to see he was lying. "Speak up!" His father shouted which was followed by Anna's shout of "Nathan!" John clenched his fork slightly when he heard the sound he wished he never knew but, would know it anywhere for the next fifty year. The sound of skin hitting skin and his mother cry of pain.

John looked up at him seeing his mother had been hit and his father looked angry " I said yes" John said clearly. In a way Niko was his girlfriend since he was the girlie one. John looked at his mother biting his lip "Can I be excused please?" He asked justing wanting to go upstairs, Shower and wait for Niko to call him.'He should be home by now' his brain shouted at him just as his mom said he could go. John got up and headed up to his room slipping his phone out of his pocket as he went but, only to get disappointed when there was nothing missed by anyone.

John was aware it wasn't healthy for him to be this concerned over Niko not texting him yet since Niko was probably eating or doing his homework since he didn't get any done when he was here. John changed into his pajamas and started to do his homework. By the time John has finished his work it was already 10:25 and Niko had yet to text or call him if he was home yet. John just shook it off and closed his textbook and slid into bed. John sent Niko one last goodnight text before laying down and going to sleep.

~:John&Niko:~:~John&Niko:~

John woke up the next morning and started to get dressed quietly still half asleep. Once he finished getting dressed, he grabbed his phone and headed downstairs. John was hoping Niko had just been forgetful or he caught a cold since he didn't get sick a lot and when he did it was sudden.

John's worries proved true when he sat in his computer class by himself instead of with Niko like he usually did. John slipped his phone out of his pocket quickly and sent a text to Niko.

To: Niko <3

I hope you feel better Jamie c; - John

Niko still hadn't texted him back and John was getting really worried because even when Niko was sick he would still text John to tell him he was fine and he didn't need to worry.

~:John&Niko:~:~John&Niko:~

It wasn't till the following night that Niko finally answered back. But, not with text. With a call. "Hey baby! Where yo-" John was cut by the sound of siren on the other side of the line."Whats going on?" He asked standing up from his desk and started to pace around. "Is this John?" a gruff manly voice said through the phone as if to comfort John. "Yes sir. Where is Ni-James?" John asked concerned his fingers grabbing onto his shirt as he walked back and forth around the room. "First thing son, Who are you to James?" The guy questioned.

John debated for a couple minutes on what to say."I'm his boyfriend" John finally deciding it would be the best thing at the moment. The guy made a humming sound before clearing his throat."Well this isn't going to be easy to hear but, James is...

~:John&Niko:~:~John&Niko:~
♠ ♠ ♠
BOOM! Another cliff hanger! Don't shoot me! *Hides behinds Sebastian*