Don't Forget

"Just be mine"

*September 2012*

Mia wished it was raining or at least dark so she couldn't see his eyes. Those icy blues that saw through her every defense. She never stood a chance, “Just choose me.”

“I-I can’t,” She sniffed looking away, “He’s been there for me when no one else was. Not even you.”

He was so close. His fore arm leaned on the wall behind her. She could smell his spicy after shave. Why did he always invade her space like this? Her back was pressed against the cold brick wall. Passers-by glanced at them with mild amusement. To any other onlooker they were wrapped in a lover’s intimate moment. Something onlookers had seen played out over and over again in the romance movies. This wasn't that kind of story though was it?

“Why are you doing this to me?” She said, “Why can’t we just be like we always were?”

“‘C’mon Mia,” He said taking her hand. Two words and she was transported back to the time before. When she was just a broken girl in the dark and he was her light, “You know that was never enough.” He said. Mia felt her chest constrict. Where had all the air gone? “Please Mia, call off the wedding...I’m begging you.”

“I can’t,” Mia said her voice cracking. How long had it been since she was this nervous?

“Well I can’t do this anymore. I can’t watch you with him.” His hand moved from her hand to caressed her cheek. No! His touch was always her undoing. He ran his thumb across her lips before kissing her in that oh so soft way only Connor could kiss her, “Just be mine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I want you to feel it too...