Don't Forget

“I’m pregnant.”

Mia woke feeling something warm and soft brush against her shoulder. She opened her eyes and just over her arm she could see Connor’s icy-blue eyes smiling at her. She smiled back and propped herself up so that they could kiss, “Good morning.”

“That’s a first.” Connor said kissing her again, “Good morning.”

“I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable spending the night.” Mia said yawning. She sat up stretching her arms. They were in a hotel room. It was neat even though it was cheap. The room was good enough for what they need it for.

“Hardly,” Connor said laying her back down. He nuzzled his head in her breasts.

“It was for a reason.” Mia said.

“I figured as much,” Connor looked up at her, “You want to end it now?”

“No,” Mia said, “But you will.”

Connor smirked.“I doubt that.”

Well, he asked for it. Better give it to him straight.

“Connor, I’m pregnant.”

“That’s not funny.” Connor said rolling off of her.

“I’m not laughing.” Mia said sitting up again. Connor looked to her again. It was Mia’s turn not to blink. When he didn't move for half a minute, “I’m pregnant.”

“I heard you the first time.” Connor said shaking his head, “Fuck Mia!” He stood up and started pacing. Mia propped herself up on the pillows of the bed. She hadn't seen him pace like that since they were teenagers. It was kind of funny, “How can you just sit there?”

“I've already had my time to process it.” She shrugged.

“Are you sure?” Connor asked. He stopped pacing for her response, “How do you know?”

“How does anyone know?” Mia said, “I was super sick last week and I never get sick. I went to the doctor and she says I’m in my first trimester.”

“So there are still options.” Mia’s stomach flipped.

“I’ve already made my decision regarding that.” Mia said.

“Dammit, I’m not some business associate deciding whether or not to give your shop fucking funding. Talk to me.”

“I’m keeping the baby Connor.” Mia said.

“You don’t even know whose it is!” Connor shouted

“It’s mine!” Mia shouted, “You can go fuck yourself!”

“Mia be reasonable,” Connor pleaded sitting on the bed next to her.

“That’s rich coming from you.” Mia snorted.

“We’re too young.”

“No, Connor you’re too young.” Mia said. She didn't care how he felt. In fact, part of her was convinced he didn't have actual feelings.

“Is that why you were so fast to say yes to him? You got knocked up?” His words cut deep. They always cut so deep.

“That’s it.” Mia said. She got up and found her bra and quickly snapped it on. Mia picked up her dress and stepped into it. She zipped up the side.

“We’re not done.” Connor said standing and jumping into his jeans getting ready to follow her out.

“Oh I am.” Mia said. She grabbed her purse and collected her phone and her phone charger, “We had a really nice time last night. I thought it would be good to give you something to remember me by.” She smirked at him. She picked up her stilettos at the door and put them in her bag. She pulled out her flats and slipped them on.

“You’re just gonna leave me in this hotel room after you get done telling me that you may be carrying my child.”

“I am carrying my child. You haven’t earned any part in this.” Mia hissed.

“Just because I’m not your nice and perfect Wonder Boy?”

Mia laughed, “Not Nice? Connor, I’m pretty sure you left not nice in middle school. You’re down right fucking sadistic.” Mia went to the bathroom and picked up her make up kit before returning to the room, “Oh and for your information I haven’t told Eric. You’re the first person to know outside of my doctor. You wanna know why?” Connor was staring at her wide eyed as if he was afraid of what she would say next, “Because your reaction was the only one I couldn't fucking predict.” Mia sobbed. She hadn't even noticed tears were coming out of her eyes. Connor took three long strides quickly closing the gap between them and hugged her. Her tears started dripping down his chest, “Don’t fucking touch me.” She whispered but she couldn't muster enough energy to properly push him away.

“Shhhh,” Connor cooed petting her head, “You shouldn't get so worked up. It’s not good for”-

“Seriously Connor,*hic* Fuck you.” Mia sobbed into his chest. He’s right though… Something hissed in Mia’s. It was so frustrating. How had she gone from the strong pregnant warrior woman to sniveling mess with in minutes? Fucking Connor…