Don't Forget

Yes it's a bit cliche...

Eric knocked harder on the door and shouted, “I’ll wait out here as long as it takes.” He leaned his head against the door, “If that’s what you want I’ll wait. I need an answer, I’m not leaving until I get it.” There was no answer or movement, “Just let me in so I can fix it.” He said pressing his hand against the door, “Please.”

There was a click and he opened the door. Mia took a few steps away from him. He closed the door behind him, “I’m sorry,” He said, “I-I didn't mean for it to happen this way.”

“But you meant for it to happen.” Mia crossed her arms.

“No,” He said quickly then when he met her eyes his shoulders slumped and he sighed, “Yes.”

“For how long?” She said. In the silence they could hear the rushing water through the pipes from the toilet upstairs.

“Since I saw you again,” He said, “You've grown up.” He said laughing a little.

“You haven’t,” She said stopping his laughter. Mia’s foot tapped, “In front of everyone like that so I would just have to say yes?”

“It was supposed to be sweet.” Eric said, "A public declaration of my love."

“It was manipulative.”

“People propose in more public situations than this.” Eric said exasperated, “I wouldn't have done it that way if I knew it would piss you off.”

“Then do it different.” Mia said. Eric smiled his warm smile and Mia couldn't hold on to her frown or her anger. He took her hand and knelt before her. Mia felt her heart beat pick up again.

“Mia Price,” He said, “I already tried living without you once. It was like a world without the sun. Would you do me the honor of being my wife?”

“That was kinda cliche.” Mia wanted to sound bored but she couldn't stop smiling.

“I really don’t care as long as I get an answer this time.” Eric said.

“The answer is yes.” Mia said.

“Dios mio,” Eric dramatically clutched his chest sitting back so that his legs spread out before him and his back thumped against the bathroom door, “Are you trying to kill me?”

“It would serve you right.” Mia said sinking down and crawling into his lap, “OK let’s see it.”

Eric reached in his breast pocket and pulled out a purple velvet case. He flipped it open and Mia gasped. The yellow gold wound around a small nest of round cut diamonds. Eric pulled it out and slipped it on Mia’s hand. He kissed it, “So begins the rest of our lives.”

Mia opened her mouth to say something, but there was a loud pounding on the door, “You can’t hide out in there all night.” Beatrice shouted, “We all need an answer.”

“Ready to face the music?” Eric asked giving Mia a little squeeze.

“As long as you stay with me.” Mia said leaning her head on his chest, “I could face anything.”

More pounding, "I'll drag you guys out if I have to!"
♠ ♠ ♠
*shrugs* There's only so many ways to do this thing....