Don't Forget

Messiah Mia Butler-Price-Santiago

Connor opened the door and was surprised to find a doppelganger image of Mia at age fifteen. He ran his hand over his face and when he opened his eyes again she was still standing there. She spoke first.

“Connor Butler.” Her tone was robotic as if she’d been practicing what to say, “My name is Messiah Mia Butler-Price-Santiago, I’m your daughter and I’ve come to collect my payment.”

“Who put you up to this?” Connor said. This had to be a prank. She looked too old to be Messiah. It couldn’t have been that long. Could it?

“I thought you’d say that.” She said matter of factly going into her back pack. She pulled out a pink folder and handed it to him, “This has my birth certificate with my name on it. And here’s my school ID to match.” She said going in her wallet to pull out a small bit of plastic.

“You’re too old.”

“I’m big for my age.” Mia’s doppelganger shrugged, “Sometimes it happens with preemies.”

Connor opened the folder to see the birth certificate he’d helped generate while Messiah was still recovering from her ordeal. In the father box there was still an unkwn stamp. He took the plastic ID from her and it matched. He couldn’t deny her, “You look just like her.”

“I get that alot.” Messiah smiled, “But it fits for my story.”

“Story?”

“You know, my awesome autobiography about my life I’m going to write one day.” Messiah said, “So are you going to let me in or have I gone through all this trouble for nothing.”

Connor narrowed his eyes. He recognised Eric’s subtle manipulation.That’s not her fault…

“Sure you can come in,” Connor said moving out of the way, “But you’re only staying long enough for me to call your Mom and figure out how to get you back to her.” Messiah rushed in dropping her backpack by the door as if it was what she did every time she came over and not her first time in Connor’s condo.

“You can try calling but they won’t pick up.” She said plopping on his couch, “You have company.” She said pointing to the high heels next to his easy chair.

“Don’t worry about her.” Connor said standing before Messiah, “What are you doing here? Why won’t I be able to reach your mother?”

“Because she visiting Aunt Beatrice’s family in Mexico for the holidays. I decided to sit this one out. ” Messiah said, “I told you already why I’m here. What’s up with the religious and hollidays anyway?” Connor didn’t crack a smile this was too much, he was just trying to process it all. Messiah rolled her eyes. It was too freaky how much she looked like her mother at her age. The only difference was her small freckles that sprinkled out from her nose.“You promised me years of your life.” Messiah said. Connor felt like all the air left the room. Messiah smirked, “I’m here to collect.”