Status: Completed!

No Homo

1/1.

Laying in bed at 4am on a Saturday was one thing Jack would call himself an expert at. He was almost one hundred percent successful about not dropping his phone on his face, too, until today, that is. Or this evening. Or, whatever you'd like to call it. Morning, maybe?

No, Jack dropped his phone on his face when his hands started shaking. His hands were shaking, and it was all Alex Gaskarth's fault. Alex and his stupid Facebook; literally, Jack could almost... 'ship' that. The status Alex had posted just a mere 20 minutes ago read, "Like for a to-be-honest and rate! Doing all." Jack was quick to tap the 'like' button.

"Doing all? More like do me," Jack commented absently to himself, humming as he swung his legs about on the bed. Jack snickered to himself as he sat himself up and raised his arms above his head, and then he realized his heart was jumping at his ribcage. Probably trying to grow little arms and snatch the bones away from his sternum, so his chest could cave and he could appear physically how he felt mentally. Besides, why did he care so much of what Alex thought of him? Because, Jack mentally monologued to himself, Alex is hot, and if Alex thinks I'm hot, then... really, I win at life. Jack smiled proudly at his reasoning and laid himself back down, that is, when he felt like he could breathe correctly.

So, Jack waited. And, he waited. And twenty minutes went by, and he was still waiting for the little '1' to pop up over the globe on his notifications tabs. He was getting tired, and tired of waiting, too. He was going to message Alex to hurry the hell up, because this was making him anxious, although it shouldn't be. But here's the thing, it totally should be making him nervous, because Jack's liked Alex since the ninth grade, and Alex was completely oblivious about it. Honestly, Alex didn't even know about Jack's being in the closet. To Jack, it was completely obvious. He just wondered how other people didn't realize it.

Finally, after forty-two minutes of agonized waiting, Jack finally got the notification. He smirked as the loading bar ran it's course and loaded the post entirely. Jack's heart thudded when he read what Alex had posted.

Alex Gaskarth posted on Jack Barakat's timeline at 4:42am
"Hey! Best friend. Can't imagine why you'd like this Jay, you know you're 10/10 to me... no homo"

Jack's eyes widened. No, he did not know he was 10/10 to Alex; how could he have possibly known that? 'No homo.' Jack laughed loudly; that was so... Alex of him. Definitely something Alex would say in person, too. Jack tapped 'like' on the post and made his way to the comments, frantically typing up a quick reply.

Jack Barakat at 4:44am
"Haha thank you! You should come over later"

To which Alex replied, "sure thing, I'll be over at 5."

Five what? AM? PM? Jack couldn't tell, but he had a sinking feeling that Alex meant 5AM, and that wasn't even twenty minutes away. Jack rain his sweaty palms up and down his pajama pants and then tracked his fingers through his hair, puffing his cheeks as he tried to figure out what he was going to do. Alex was going to be over in fifteen minutes, and his parents were sleeping, and Alex just revealed he thought Jack was a 10/10; what the fuck was Jack supposed to do? Keep his cool?

Sure enough, fifteen minutes later, Alex was knocking on Jack's window. They always did this sort of thing, where Alex would climb up on the tree branch outside Jack's window, and come in that way. Jack's parents were cool with it; they'd known the Gaskarth family for quite an extensive amount of time, and knew the boys wouldn't do anything like sneak out. Jack didn't like partying and Alex didn't like what Jack didn't like. Jack opened the window, and in came Alex, pajama-clad with a beanie covering his head.

"Hey," the elder spoke up with a smirk when he stood flat footed on the carpeted floor, brushing out the little bits of tree bark from his pants. Jack laughed a little and plopped himself on his bed. "Hey, yourself," the taller commented, tapping his feet lightly against the floor. Jack swallowed. Not nervous at all, he reminded himself. Not nervous at all.

"How're you, 10/10?" Alex teased, swaying his hips as he made little coo noises at his friend, which unknowingly made Jack's hands sweat and his heart pound. Jack tugged at the collar of his shirt while he tried to make his vocal cords work. "Oh, y'know," he replied, once he was able, "just trying to not wake up my fucking parents. It is five in the morning, stupid."

Alex almost let out a loud laugh as he sat down next to Jack on the bed, nudging him with his elbow. "We should do something." Yeah, Jack thought to himself, you should do something; do me. He almost said it out loud, but he caught himself quite quickly and let his cheeks burn red. "You really think I'm 10/10?" Jack's brows lifted. "No homo," Alex added on. Then, he nodded. Jack's throat tightened. "Yeah," was his only response. Jack twisted his hands and cleared his throat, trying to find a place where conversation would fit, but he found none. He felt like he was a huge, fat cat trying to fit through a little doggy door and it just wasn't working. His throat bobbed. And, of course, Alex took note of it.

"Are you okay?" Alex asked, tentatively lifting a hand and placing it on Jack's knee, and Jack almost yelped. Almost. "No homo," was Jack's response. His cheeks flared red. He hadn't meant to say it out loud, but since it was the only thing on his mind, it was the only thing he could say. Alex tilted his head, golden hair falling (quite adorably) across his forehead. "What?" Alex's voice was a little louder and more confident than Jack's had been.

Jack decided he was going to go head-first into this. He was just gonna be like, Alex, you're fucking hot and you're also my best friend so if you wouldn't mind I'd like to kiss you or something, but, he didn't say that. Of course he didn't; he couldn't. His nerves had frozen him.

"But," Jack started, "homo." Jack's eyes widened and his brows lifted, and he played with his fingers. Alex furrowed his eyebrows, forehead crinkling at the two words Jack had muttered. "What?" Clearly, the elder was confused. Hell, Jack was confused, too, and it had come out of his mouth. "Alex," Jack whined, nudging his friend with his foot. "This might take a while to explain."

In the midst of Jack's explaining (something that went along the lines of "and fuck, Alex, okay, I'm sorry, you're really cute. I like you a lot. Should I start over? I'm sorry," and, "Jack, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down because I can't understand you."), somehow, Alex ended up on top of the raven haired boy, with his arms around his neck. Jack stopped talking. "Alex," he breathed out carefully, large brown eyes appearing even larger as he widened them, "Alex. What are you doing?" Alex only chuckled. "Something, hold on," he answered. The tips of Alex's fingers were scanning over the skin on the back of Jack's neck, gently toying with his hair. Of course, Jack almost- almost- let out a whimper at the contact (that he may or may not had been dreaming of since he first met Alex). And then there was a clash of lips, one teen's meeting the others, and Jack felt nothing but a mix of nerves and bliss.

The kissing was heavy. Jack ended up on top of Alex halfway through, and there was a colliding of tongues, and words ("need you," "oh my god"), and heavy breathing. Alex was an excellent kisser (thereby proving Jack's assumption about that to be correct), and Jack was, too, unknowingly. Clothing came off along the way, leaving the two high on bliss and pantsless, laying next to each other, limbs tangled together, chests touching and arms entangled. From there, both boys shared sweet kisses and small smiles. The unspoken "will you go out with me?" was hanging heavy in the air, and it was, quite obviously, a yes from the both of them.

Jack was on the verge of sleep when Alex finally spoke up again. Jack had thought he was sleeping, honestly, he'd been so... unnaturally quiet.

"Jack?"
"Yeah?"

Alex snickered.

"Totally homo."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'VE HAD THIS IDEA FOR SO LONG YOU HAVE NO IDEA I'M SORRY