Status: finished//sequel is up

A Few of My Famous Friends

I Don't Love You I'm Just Passing The Time

(A/N: This was originally going to be two parts but the first was a boring filler and I couldn't bring myself to write it so I took the necessary beginning of the filler and stuck it on the beginning of this part. Enjoy!)

Haley showed up after Paramore had played a few songs. It was pretty slow going in the merch tent, most people showed up before the show started, between sets, or after the show ended, so we just talked for a long time.

After Paramore's set ended, she left with an apologetic smile. I knew why. If people knew she was here but didn't watch her boyfriend's set, people would talk and they didn't need that bad publicity.

She came back during Fall Out Boy's set and we just talked about some random stuff until the concert was over and it was time to pack up. We said goodbye and she told Spencer that she'd see him in a month and that she loved him. I smiled inwardly. They were so cute together, and if he broke up with her ever, I would seriously have to beat the shit out of him.

A few weeks later, my cell phone blared in my ear at 9 AM, which was way to early for me.

"Whozzat?" Ryan's sleepy voice asked me. His arms tightened around my waist and I had to remind myself that we were just. friends.

"It's Riley, my agent," I said, checking the Caller ID, "I have to take this." I answered the phone and tried to untangle myself from Ryan.

"Hey Kate, are you busy?" Riley asked me, his accented British voice brisk as always.

"Just busy sleeping," I grumbled, finally succeeding in tearing away from Ryan. I got out of his bunk and walked towards the couch. After a month and a half on tour I started sleeping in later and later.

"Too bad. I have marvelous news for you."

"Hm, and what's that?" I asked, pouring my self some O.J. I got from the mini fridge.

"You got the part."

"Which part?" I asked. I wasn't quite awake yet. I took a drink of my orange juice.

"Kate, honey, you're Princess Addie in the soon-to-be-a-hit motion picture The Two Princesses of Bamarre."

I spit out my orange juice. "Oh my God, that's fantastic!"

"I knew you could do it. Now hang up the phone like a good girl and tell all your friends. I expect to see you at the Auckland Airport in less than a week for filming. Call me before you get on the plane and I'll be there to pick you up. I have to go now, the plane's about to take off."

Before I could say goodbye, he had hung up on me. But that was the Riley way.

I ran back to the bunk area. "I got the part!" I said excitedly, opening the curtain to Ryan's bunk. I grabbed his face and gave him a quick peck on the lips. I shut the curtain, turned around and did the same to Brendon. I shouted my statement instead of saying it to wake him up. After Brendon, I did the same to Spencer and Jon, except Jon got a hug, not a kiss, cause that'd be weird.

I ran out of the tourbus (thankfully we weren't moving as we had already arrived at the venue) and ran onto Paramore's bus.

"Why so excited Kate?" Hayley asked from her seat on their couch, where she was sitting next to Josh. They seemed to be the only ones awake.

"I got a lead in a movie!"

"Oh my God, congratulations!" She stood up and I hugged her smaller frame.

"Hey, congrats," Josh said, standing up to hug me too.

"Thanks," I said with a smile. "Now I'm off to wake my secret lover and tell him the good news."

"Have fun!" Hayley called after me, laughing.

I thundered onto Fall Out Boy's bus five seconds later. "SECRET LOVER!" I shouted, walking over to Pete's bunk.

"I hate you Kate!" He called out in a sing-song voice.

"You better take that back! I'm leaving in a week and I won't see you for six months!"

"Keep it down out there!" Andy's voice called from his bunk. Pete rolled out of his bunk and landed on the floor with a thump. "Ow!" he moaned.

I laughed and walked over to him, "Nice one Wentz."

"Help me up!" he said, pouting.

I sighed and grabbed his heavily tattooed forearms. I tried to pull him up but he ended up just pulling me down on top of him.

"Oof!" I groaned I landed on his chest. He said nothing, but he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Now, why are you leaving Big Daddy for a half of a year?"

"Because Big Daddy" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes, "I got a lead in a movie."

"Really? That's great!" He rolled over and stood up. I glared at him until he pulled me up too.

"When were you going to tell me?" Joe's voice asked, sounding miffed.

"Aw, JoeTrohFroman, I was going to tell you right after I told Pete!" I said, crawling into his bunk. "You're my Chicago homeboy!"

"What about me?" Pete asked. Even though my back was to him, I knew he was pouting…again.

I turned to face him. "You're my secret lover dumbass."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"What's goin' on?" Patrick asked from the font of the bus. I peeked out of the bunk and saw him holding a Starbucks. He must've just come back from a Starbucks run. All plans of me telling him instantly evaporated.

"Starbucks!" I squealed, hopping out of the bunk and running to Patrick. I stole a sip of his frap and darted out the door like a ninja. Okay, not exactly like a ninja. I only wish I was that cool.

The good news spread like wildfire. I heard whisperings of plans to take me out to dinner the next night. I suppose they'd book the whole restaurant; the crew wanted to come along too. And during the concert, Jon made a touching, sweet, and very embarrassing dedication to me before launching into Northern Downpour. I buried my head in my hands before I was pestered for autographs.

After the concert, I realized I had yet to tell my friends and family back home. I called my mom first, then Scarlett. My mom and Scarlett both talked to me for a really long time, so by the time I finally hit 1, Josh's speed dial, everyone was already in their bunks.

"Hey baby, what's up?"

"I have really really good news," I said, a huge smile on my face. I picked my legs up from the floor and curled up on the couch.

"Lay it on me Katiekins, what's up?" His voice was curious.

"You know that lead role I tried out for about two weeks ago?"

"Mmhm?"

"I got it! I leave for Auckland, New Zealand in a week to start filming!"

"How long are you going to be gone?" His voice was guarded now.

"Six months. But as soon as I come back, we'll go on a vacation, you and me, for at least two weeks." I quickly amended, sensing he was going to be angry.

"See, the thing is, Kate dear, a measly three hundred hours doesn't even begin to make up for the eight months of separation. You can go, but I might not be here when you get back."

"But…you were all for it when I was trying out."

"You wanna know the truth Kate? I never loved you, I was just passing the time."

"You know what Josh? First, that doesn't even make sense and second, you stole that from a song my brother's band wrote!" I screamed into the phone before throwing it against the opposite wall. I stood up and stomped on it until my anger gave way to misery. I resumed my place on the couch and succumbed to sobs.

"Hey, hey, don't cry." Ryan's soothing voice came from directly in front of me. I looked up and fresh tears formed in my eyes. He was adorable, he looked like he had just rolled out of bed (which he had, duh) and his hair was all over the place. But he had a loving girlfriend and I had just broken up with a not-so-loving boyfriend, so I had about a snowball's chance in hell with him.

"C'mon, come with me," he murmured, slipping an arm under my knees. I latched onto his neck and he carried my bridal style to his bunk. "Now," he said, sitting cross legged on his bed. "What happened?"

I mimicked his position and he closed the curtain. "Well, I called Josh to tell him about my part and he wasn't happy about me being gone for eight months-"

"Eight months? You'll only be gone for six." Ryan interrupted, a confused look on his face.

"That plus the two months on tour," I clarified. "So then he says he might not be there when I get back. I asked him why he was all for me trying out but not supporting when I got the part, and he quotes your song, telling me he never loved me and he was just passing the time. That doesn't even make sense!" I collapsed into his arms, sobbing freely.

"Bastard," Ryan muttered.

I just cried harder and ended up being nearly in his lap, sobbing into his shirt. When I had finished crying, I looked up. Ryan was staring at me intently and, before I knew it, his lips were pressed against mine. I was shocked for a second but the next second I was kissing him back, wanting someone to want me.

We engaged in a passionate lip lock for a minute or two until I came to my senses.

"No, Ryan, no," I broke the kiss and pushed his chest. "You have a girlfriend and I have…" I faltered for a second, "had a boyfriend until less than a half hour ago. This is wrong. I can't do it."

I got out of his bunk and got in Brendon's. I laid rigidly for an hour until I was fairly certain he was asleep. I got out of Brendon's bunk and started packing.

It was around five in the morning when I was ready to go. I was OCD about packing, so sue me.

I had washed my face of my messed up make up a while ago and there was only one thing left to do.

Dear Jon, Brendon, Spencer and Ryan,

I left early to meet my costars. It was all very sudden. Jon, if you return to Chicago and see Josh with another girl, it's alright. We had a mutual agreement to call it quits. Spencer, I can't believe I'm saying this but I've come to accept and love your beard. Hell must've frozen over. Just kidding. Love ya. Brendon, maybe next tour we can be single fuckbuddies and help each other meet nice boys or girls. Whatever your preference. I prefer boys but I'm not too sure about you. Ryan, call Keltie and tell her you love her. Surprise her with roses or something nice, too.

Love forever,
Kate Walker
(KWalk ;-D)

PS: Tell Hayley I expect at least ten different shades of red on her head the next time I see her.

PPS: Tell my secret lover (Pete, the manwhore, you know who he is) that I love him and I wish him the best with Ashlee

PPPS: Tell my Chicago homeboy (JoeTrohFroman) that we'll work on our secret club as soon as I get home.
Pete gets the worst initiation hazing.


With that, I set my thoroughly broken phone next to the note. Hopefully they'd get the hint I was unreachable.

I got to the airport, booked a flight for 8:10 to AKL. I called Riley on a pay phone and told him when to expect me.

A few hours later the plane took off and I said goodbye to the country and people I loved the most.
♠ ♠ ♠
This wouldn't be out at all if not for my good friend Haelie, so go check out her stories. I really like A Mess of Youthful Innocence which is a Patrick Stump fic, but They Say Evil Comes Disguised, an original vampire fic, is good too.

I made a new MBF today! (Mibba best friend for all you n00bs. Which is everyone cause I just made that up) Go check out her story, Hidden Secrets, which is an Alex Gaskarth fic.

Updates will be slow for the next month or so due to summer homework and starting high school. Comment/whore this story to show how much you love me! =D