Status: finished//sequel is up

A Few of My Famous Friends

The End and the Beginning

A day or two later, I returned to where the guys were staying. Trixie wanted to go sightseeing by herself, so I was pretty bored.

"Hey, is anyone home?" I called, entering my childhood house.

"Hi Kate, what's up?" Jon said, coming down the stairs.

"Not much. Where are the rest of the guys?" I asked, taking off my shoes.

"At O'Hare, or on a plane. They might even be in Vegas by now."

My eyebrows contracted. "Why? Weren't you guys going to make an album? Oh, are they going to see their families?"

"Yeah, they're seeing their families. But we're not making an album. They are, I'm probably going to get back into photography. Or I could go back to teching for The Academy Is…"

I stared at him, not comprehending what the hell he was trying to say.

"I quit the band."

"What?!"

"Things were awkward between all of us, because you broke Ryan's heart. He was having trouble getting along with me, and Brendon and Spencer took your side. He was about to quit, but this band is his dream. He started it. I didn't want to take it away from him. So I quit."

"But it was my fault!"

He shrugged and looked at his phone. "Hey, don't try to convince me. I dunno when their flight is leaving, you might catch them."

I made a frustrated noise in the back of my throat. "Jonathan Jacob Walker, don't think for a second I'm not done chewing you out. I'll be back soon."

I hurried out of the house and tried to get another taxi.

It seemed to take a year to get to the airport. I gave the taxi driver a few tens and then hurried inside the airport.

The first thing I looked for was the flight schedule. In blaring green lettering, it said: LAS-DELAYED.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I could right this wrong, but it would cost me. I went up to a counter. "I'd like to purchase a ticket for Vegas."

The man at the counter blatantly eyeraped me and gave me a smirk. "Sure honey, whatever you want."

I cringed and opened my purse. I gave him the money as he printed out the ticket. He gave me the ticket with a wink.

I walked away, scarred for life.

The line to get through security was probably about a mile long and moving at the pace of a snail.

"Excuse me," I said, waving a security guard over, "I'm supposed to be on the Vegas flight-"

"Cutting it close?" she asked, a smile on her lips. "Come with me, I can get you through faster."

"Sorry, it was a last minute thing," I apologized.

She took me through a small alley that took me to the front of the line. I finally got to the gate for the Vegas flight. It was boarding and I thought I was too late.

I scanned the line, looking for a tall guy with curly hair, a pornstache or an overeager lead singer.

I finally saw them, wearing oversized sunglasses and looking nonchalant.

"Don't leave!" I blurted. Everyone, including them, turned to look at me.

"Don't let stuff I did wreck your friendship with Jon. He's not the one who ran away because he couldn't fathom that more than one person liked him as more than a friend. He's not the home wrecker, or the person who pushed you away because he didn't want to be labeled as such. You don't have to forgive me, tolerate me or anything like that, but for God's sake, don't let it ruin the band!"

I took a deep breath and continued, "But I would like you to forgive me. I'm truly sorry. Sorry for toying with your emotions, sorry for not talking to you for six months, sorry for inadvertently making you jealous with Nik. I should've been more considerate of your feelings. So please, could you ever forgive me?"

"You kiss me like an overdramatic actor with one last shot to make it happen. You've won the role, you've played your part, but I'm not impressed, and I'm definitely not excited," Ryan sang softly.

"Oh come off it!" A man shouted from further down the line. "Look at her, she's gorgeous! And she's practically on her knees for your forgiveness. Kiss her already!"

A chant of "kiss her, kiss her, kiss her" started up and I blushed and looked at Ryan.

He shrugged and my heart soared. In three quick paces, he was right in front of me. He bent down to kiss me and I ran a hand through his hair.

A cheer rose from the crowd and I'm sure I blushed ten different shades of red.

"There goes our plan for being single on the next tour!" Brendon said, a large pout on his lips.

"Aw, Brendon, I'm sorry. You'll find a single girl to do stuff with."

"I hate to break up this love fest but how are we going to work this out? Our luggage is already on the plane, Kate doesn't have luggage, and the plane is leaving soon," Spencer, always the voice of reason, interrupted.

"You guys go ahead; Jon and I will catch up later. I need to take care of some stuff too," I said, remembering Trixie with a pang of guilt.

I hugged Brendon and Spencer and turned to Ryan. He kissed me, sweetly and longingly.

"Ryan, I'll see you soon," I said, pulling away, and giving his lips one last peck.

I watched them board the plane and left the airport.

"Pack your bags Jon!" I called, re-entering my childhood home.

The soft bass riffs coming from the basement ceased. "I don't care that you told them the truth. I can't stand the drama. I'm not re-joining the band!"

I sighed impressively and joined Jon in the basement. I picked up an old acoustic guitar and sat down next to him. It wasn't my first, but it was my favorite. "You know I named this? It's the only instrument of mine that I've named."

"Really? What'd you name it?" He asked, grateful for the subject change.

"Beckett."

He started to laugh. "As in William?"

I frowned, "Shut up. I had a small crush on him when you were the tech for their band. I haven't seen him in a while. What's up with him?"

"Well, The Academy Is… is still touring. Actually, when you were filming, we went on an Asia/Oceania tour with them and Cobra Starship."

"Ugh, why didn't you tell me! I could've seen you guys!"

"You weren't speaking to us, remember?"

"Oh, right, sorry. So, Cobra Starship…?" They must've gotten big during my musical fasting. I knew the names of some of the bands Panic toured with and some Chicagoan bands, but I didn't remember this one.

"Yeah, they're alternative synthpop, they're on Fueled By Ramen too. A lot of the fans that like us and The Academy Is… like them too.

"Any members in other bands I might know?"

"Their lead singer was in Midtown. Gabe Saporta."

"GABE SAPORTA?!" I gasped. "You know him?" Okay, so I might've had a fan girl crush on him, but honestly, have you seen the man?

"Um, yeah. He, William, Travis McCoy from Gym Class Heroes and Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds collaborated on a song for Snakes on a Plane. Gym Class Heroes is signed to Fueled By Ramen too, and they're an alternative hip-hop band."

"Oh, shit, I forgot to tell you. You're back in the band. Next plane, you're going to Las Vegas." The plane thing reminded me.

"Kate, I told you-"

"Jon, Ryan and I are going out. Or we will, as soon as we see each other again."

"You know, I don't know if that makes it better or worse. This whole thing is as complicated as hell."

"We'll work out the details later; it's just not dramatic any more. So pack, I need to talk to Trixie.

I put Beckett away and hugged Jon. "We're leaving on the next plane."

I left to go to my apartment and fifteen minutes later I was calling Trixie's name.

"What's up?" she called from her bed. She was flipping through an old Rolling Stone magazine.

"I'm really, really sorry, but I promised I'd go to Las Vegas. I know we just got here, but would you be okay alone for a few weeks?"

"What am I a toddler? But, can Scarlett housesit?"

My eyebrows drew together at the clashing statements. "What?"

"I want to come with!"

"Sure! Except there's one more thing. Jon and I usually stay at someone's apartment. Okay, well Jon does, I just did it the only time I was there. I think I'm staying with him, and I don't know if you could-"

"Kate, stop rambling. It's okay. I'll stay at a hotel. I assume we're leaving soon?"

"Next flight. C'mon, let's pack."

We bought three tickets for a flight the next day. On the plane, as we were nearing Las Vegas, Jon said he had something serious to discuss with me.

"Kate, I have a few rules for you. One: you're staying with Spencer. Two: No distracting Ryan. We're here to write an album. Three: You can't be in a room alone with Ryan. Four-"

"Jon, do you honestly think I'd follow those ridiculous rules? How about this? I swear I won't have sex with Ryan. Better?"

"Well-"

"Jon, we've kissed twice. We haven't even gone on a date yet. Stop being so overprotective."

"Fine, fine, I suppose both of you enough-"

I rolled my eyes and put my headphones on to drown him out.

When I turned my phone back on at baggage claim, I noticed I had ten missed calls. I scrolled through my phone and noticed they were all from Pete. Is this what he does all day? Pester people? While I was still in the missed calls list, my phone started to ring. Surprise, surprise, it was Pete.

"Hello?"

"You leave for six months, come back for a week, don't even say hi to me and then leave again for an undisclosed amount of time!"

"Pete, chill out. I'll be gone for a few weeks, I'm in Vegas, I'm with Panic at the Disco, and Trixie Winthrop. Congrats on marrying Ashlee. When's the baby due?"

"Mid-November. Hey! Don't change the subject; I'm not done with you!"

"Good bye Peter. I'll see you later." I closed my phone and rolled my eyes.

"They're at Ryan's." Jon said, pulling the bags he had pulled off the conveyor over to Trixie and I. "Let's get a taxi."

"I'm going to check into a hotel." Trixie said, grabbing her bags. "Bye Kate!"

"Bye!"

The taxi ride was fairly quiet. Jon paid the cabbie, and we lugged our stuff up to Ryan's doorstep.

I rang the doorbell and in a few seconds, he opened the door. Upon seeing me, his face lit up.

"Hey Jon, hey Kate. Bring your stuff in. You're staying here."

I glanced at Jon.

He sighed. "Fine. No sex you two."

I beamed and pulled my stuff inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you sososo much to these people:
AsiyaAnarchy, natmanso, Operatic Skeleton, ZACFARROEQUALSLIFE, TheTakeover., panic at the disco, WeMakeTheSunShine, Karo Killed the Kat., Georg Listing., An Average Mistake, theflamingtoaster, TalkingIsMyLife, Cobra Starship, To_Settle_The_Score, Covered.In.Cake, amanda plz?, LudoLove, Audrey T., We Sleep Forever, get-unique., hey-moon, and once more.radio nerd

82 pages in Microsoft Word you guys. It's been a long road. =]

Title credit to Forgive Durden's song of the same name.

Here's the link to the sequel. Smile for The Paparazzi The first chapter isn't up, but it'll be up before 2009. I just have to write the chapter for my co written story first.

I have a question for my lovely readers. If I write a sequel to Smile for the Paparazzi, it won't be in Kate's POV. But, it'll have the same characters. Should my new person fall in love with Brendon or Jon? I sort of want to do a Jon fic, but I don't want to break him and Cassie up.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING/SUBSCRIBING!