Status: finished//sequel is up

A Few of My Famous Friends

Time to Shop

"Good news. We have the whole day free until 7 PM. What do you guys want to do?" Jon said, sitting down on the counter as the rest of us ate our lunches.

My head perked up immediately. "This is what we're doing. First, we're getting Starbucks. Then, we're shopping. I am not wearing this same outfit until your tour is over."

"Why do we have to go to Starbucks?" Spencer asked. "That stuff is expensive."

"Spencer, I need caffeine. I want something warm. I hate coffee, unless it's like drinking candy. Luckily, Starbucks coffee is basically candy."

"As much as I love you Kate, I do not want to go shopping with you." Jon said, making a face.

"Seconded."

"Thirded?"

"Spencer, thirded isn't a word."

"Well you took seconded!"

I watched Ryan and Spencer bicker for a while before turning to face Brendon. "So, wanna get Starbucks and then shop?"

"Sure!" He said energetically.

"Okay. But you're not getting anything with caffeine in it at Starbucks."

"Aw, Kate, you take the fun out of everything."

"I just don't want to have to deal with a twenty-going-on-five year old hyped up on caffeine."

We found our way to Starbucks and I decided what I wanted to get. "I'll have one Venti Java Chip Frappuccino and a water." Brendon pouted at me and I stuck my tongue out at him.

When we got our beverages and sat down, I got out a piece of paper and a pen. I started writing down what I'd need to survive three or four months.

After about five minutes, Brendon tugged the paper away. "Let's see what you have." He said, reading it out loud. "10 shirts; 10 pairs of pants; 10 socks; 10 bras; 10 pairs of underwear; 1 pair of Converses, preferably black; sweatshirt; hairbrush; toothbrush; toothpaste; shampoo; conditioner; razor; razor blades; shaving cream; tampons. You forgot sexy outfit you can wear to seduce guys."

I grabbed the list back. "I'm not going to be seducing any boys. I have a boyfriend."

"Pity," Brendon said, smirking, "If you didn't, we'd have much more fun in bed."

"Ugh, Brendon, you're such a pig." I said, rolling my eyes. I finished off my Frappuchino and stood up. "C'mon, let's go shopping."

Brendon picked up his water bottle and followed me outside. I threw the empty coffee cup away as I left Starbucks.

After walking around for about a half hour, we finally found the mall. "God, where are we anyway?" I asked, stretching.

Brendon rolled his eyes. "We're at the mall, duh. And people think I'm dumb."

"I mean," I said with the air of one explaining a simple task to a stubborn toddler, "Which city are we in?"

"Some place in Connecticut called Wallingford." Brendon said. "C'mon, let's go buy stuff."

I sighed and followed him into the mall. We spent two hours getting the clothing. Brendon got a little crazy in Victoria's Secret and I had to make him sit outside. I ended up getting 20 shirts and 20 pairs of pants. I also got DC's and Vans along with the Converses. By the time we were done, Brendon and I were loaded down with shopping bags.

We walked back to the bus, getting there quicker as we knew where to go. Jon raised an eyebrow at all of the bags that we brought back.

"What? I need all of this to survive tour with you guys. And Brendon has surprisingly good taste in fashion. No wonder people think he's gay."

"Why thank you Kate. Hey!"

I laughed. "I'll be back in about an hour. I have to go buy toiletries."

"Okay, be back here at five thirty. We're eating an early dinner before our show." Jon called after me.

I nodded and left the bus. Fortunately, I found the CVS in less than fifteen minutes. I bought what I needed to buy and returned to the bus.

"Ugh, when will I have a real shower?" I asked, after I had changed into my new clothes. "I also wanna wash some of this stuff."

"Tomorrow we're staying in a hotel. There's gonna be a laundromat down the street." Ryan said casually. "Are you ready to go eat? We were thinking about going to Olive Garden or something."

"Sounds good," I said, smiling.

Of course, Brendon had to pick a fight over who sat where in the restaurant. Spencer, Ryan and I were all sitting calmly, looking at the menu while Jon and Brendon bickered.

"Why doesn't Jon just let Brendon sit wherever he wants?" I whispered to Ryan who was sitting next to me.

"Brendon wants to sit next to you, but Jon's being extremely overprotective like he always is. He doesn't want you even looking at us other than friends, because he's afraid you'll get your heart broken and tear the band apart."

I laughed. "First of all, I'm not single. I have a wonderful boyfriend, whom I love more than anything. Second, I wouldn't break up the band. I'm not a drama queen."

Ryan laughed too. "Tell that to Jon."

"Fine, I will." I said, rolling my eyes. "Jon! I'm not single. I have a wonderful boyfriend whom I love more than anything. And if I do get into a relationship that's more than platonic with one of the guys, which I won't because I have a boyfriend, I won't break up the band. I’m not a drama queen looking for attention. Now indulge Brendon in his childish desires and sit next to Spencer like a big boy." I shouted at them.

Brendon stuck his tongue out at Jon and sat down next to me. I rolled my eyes. "You really are a five year old, you know that?"

"But you love me anyways." He said, picking up a menu.

"No, actually I don't." I muttered. Ryan heard this and started laughing, leaving Brendon Spencer and Jon looking at me weird.

"Alright! Who wants to order!" I said, slamming the menu on the table. One of the waitresses must've heard me or something, as she came over pretty quickly.

"Hello, my name is Sam and I'll be your server tonight. What would you folks like to order?"

We placed our orders and as she left, I winked at Brendon. "She was pretty hot, wasn't she?"

"Eh, she's not my type."

"Oh really?" I asked, intrigued. "What is your type?"

"Hmm, tall, freakishly skinny, brown hair," Brendon listed off. My eyes went wide because so far, this described me.

"Brown eyes," I breathed a sigh of relief. Brendon continued his list "Cute nose, guitarist, lyricist."

"So, Ryan?" I asked, a smirk on my face.

"Yup. Embrace for that perfect passionate kiss." Brendon said, leaning over me and catching Ryan off guard by planting a kiss on his lips.

I laughed as Ryan rubbed his lips, trying to remove the taste of Brendon. "Brendon! Stop doing that! We cut that out of our shows like a year ago."

Brendon just grinned. "I know," he said, licking his lips and winking at me.

"So, why did Brendon always come after you?" I asked Ryan, trying not to laugh as he made faces.

"Cause Ryan's sexy." Brendon smirked.

"I was thankfully too far away."

"And I would hit him over the head with my bass if he tried something like that with me."

We continued talking about stuff like that until the conversation switched to my weight.

"Are you anorexic?" Brendon asked me curiously. "Cause you look a lot like Ryan over there."

I sighed. I got that question a lot. "I'm a vegetarian. I don't know why, but I dropped ten pounds when I stopped eating meat. And besides, one hundred pounds is perfectly acceptable for 5'7".

"No it's not. You're like Ryan."

"No I'm not. I'm a girl and Ryan's a guy. It's okay for me to be skinny."

Ryan hit me playfully and I laughed. "I'm sorry Ryan. I love you."

Brendon pouted. "What about me?"

"Eh, no," I laughed as his face fell. "Sorry honey, you're not my type."

"What is your type then?" Ryan asked curiously.

"Um, Josh."

"Who?" Brendon asked, a confused look on his face.

"Josh Lawrence. He's my boyfriend."

"You're not single?!?!" Brendon looked outraged.

"Uh, no. I wasn't lying when I told Jon I had a boyfriend."

"But we were supposed to be the only single people on our bus!" Brendon suddenly gasped. "You made out with me and you had a boyfriend! I feel so used!"

I smacked my forehead. "Brendon. I was drunk. It didn't mean anything."

"Thanks a lot Kate. Now I feel used and underappreciated."

Thankfully the arrival of our food stopped Brendon's hissy fit.

"So, does Jon still cook and clean for other people?" I asked twirling a bite of my spaghetti and popping it into my mouth.

"Yes. It freakin' rules. Your brother is the best cook."

"Spencer, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think Jon's a good cook, wait until you try my food. It's ten times better."

Jon chucked a "Tuscan potato" at my head. Which was basically a fancy French fry.

We finished our meals in relative silence, which was odd, especially for Brendon.

"So," I said after we paid and as we were leaving, "Do I get a backstage pass? Cause I am the bassist's sister. Even though no one really cares about the bassist, I'm pretty hot."

Jon flicked the back of my head and I hit him.

"Well," Ryan said, looking at Spencer, "We don't exactly have one for you because you were a, um, surprise. But I'm sure we could get one."

"Whatever. As long as I'm allowed backstage at this show and all others on the tour." I said, hooking arms with Brendon and starting to skip with him. "Let's get this show on the road, shall we?"
♠ ♠ ♠
The 'Perfect Passionate Kiss' is from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1I3LGk68W4