Status: finished//sequel is up

A Few of My Famous Friends

Brendon Isn't As Comfortable As You Are

Someone was jumping on my bed. I cracked open my eyes slightly. The red numbers on my alarm clock glowed against the darkness of my room. 8:29. It was about time to get up anyways.

I opened my eyes all the way and identified my older brother Trent as the person on my bed.

"Trent, what do you want?" I groaned sleepily.

"Please make me chocolate chip pancakes! Please please please!" He pleaded.

I am the only one Trent will beg for anything. And the thing he begs me for is food. If my pancakes and brownies were drugs, Trent would abandon whatever drugs he's doing now and get high on pancakes and brownies every day. Or at least as often as he could.

I got out of bed and got ready for the day. If I was up, I might as well get all the way up. I returned to my room and realized my alarm clock was upside down. I flipped it over. It read 6:39.

"God damn you Trent! I'm gonna kill you!" I yelled to my older brother. I probably would've woken up in less than an hour; he couldn't let me sleep that much longer?

"First make me chocolate chip pancakes! Then you can do whatever the hell you want!" Trent yelled back.

I went downstairs and made him his damn pancakes. When I was almost done, Jon came downstairs and requested some chocolate chip pancakes too. He said our screaming woke him up. I finished making the pancakes and got myself Honey Nut Cheerios.

Trent disappeared as soon as he finished his pancakes, which was smart of him because I fully intended to lecture him after I finished my breakfast.

After I finished my Cheerios, I grabbed a pen and the local paper and started doing the Sudoku. It was one of my addictions. Speaking of addictions, Trent returned about five minutes into my Sudoku game with a Venti Java Chip Frappuchino.

"For waking you up early," he said, giving it to me. I gave him a hug and forgave him, which was good for him because I usually don't cook for people who piss me off.

Around 12:30-ish the rest of Panic surfaced from the basement.

I was eating my lunch, a vegetarian wrap, at my kitchen table.

"Aww," I cooed, "You boys look so adorable with bed head!"

Their reactions were priceless. Ryan blushed, Spencer tried to flatten it out and Brendon smirked and said, "I know."

"You guys missed breakfast," I told them. "If you were up about five hours earlier, I would've made you chocolate chip pancakes."

They groaned, "Can you make us pancakes anyways?" Spencer begged.

"No. I stop making breakfast after 11:30. Like diners." They groaned again. "But I will make you my famous brownies." I got up and checked in the pantry and fridge.

"But first, you need to get Devil's Food Cake, 10x sugar, and cream cheese from the store. Get Jon or Trent to go with you, promise them some brownies and they'll go willingly. They know which cream cheese to get, and that's one of the most important ingredients."

The Panic boys scampered off to do my grocery shopping. If they heard this, they'd say, "We're not boys, we're men!" "We didn't scamper, we walked!" "It's not your grocery shopping, it's brownie ingredient shopping!"

So, I guess the Panic men walked off to do brownie ingredient shopping. But I like the first one better.

Anyways, they left. I figured I had a good fifteen minutes to a half hour to do whatever I wanted, so I decided to paint my nails.

After five minutes of fruitless searching for my black nail polish (I'm not emo, it's just black looks better chipped and I'm to lazy to redo my nails whenever they get chipped) I yelled to my mom. She came upstairs so I didn't have to wear out my vocal chords.

"What do you need?"

"Where's my black polish?"

Cue exasperated look. "I threw it out."

"What? Why?"

"It makes you look emo."

"It does not! And it's the only polish that looks good chipped!"

"That makes you look even more emo!"

"Then what am I supposed to use?"

"I got you new polish," she said, opening the linen closet and giving me a full bottle of nail polish.

"Oooh, gold! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said sounding like a ten year old.

She left, rolling her eyes. I put on the gold nail polish and it was dried by the time the Panic boys came scampering back. I mean, the Panic men came walking back.

"Thanks guys," I said, taking the ingredients. "Now go do something fun. They'll be ready in a couple hours."

"Awwww"

I rolled my eyes. "You guys can lick the beaters."

"Yay!"

I shooed them away and started making the brownies. Fifteen minutes later, I slid the pan into the oven and called Ryan Brendon and Spencer.

Spencer and Brendon arrived first, so I gave them each a beater. Ryan came down, saw there were no beaters left for him and made a pouty face.

I rolled my eyes again, took the spatula and scraped it against the bowl, getting all of the excess batter on the spatula. I gave this to Ryan. He smiled and started licking the spatula like a lollipop.

"Is everyone satisfied?" I asked, my hands on my hips.

Jon and Trent walked in the kitchen as soon as I said that. "We'll be satisfied if we get brownies too." Trent said, looking at the brownie making debris laying around the kitchen.

I looked around too, and an idea popped into my head. "Nobody's getting any brownies unless you all clean up this kitchen," I said, a smirk on my face.

At that moment, five boys started scurrying around, cleaning up the mess. I walked over to the family room and plopped down on the couch. I closed my eyes, and leaned my head back.

A few seconds later, the couch sunk down, and I felt someone next to me. I shifted my head to their shoulder.

"Hmm, bony yet still rather comfortable, about two inches taller than me …hi Ryan," I said, opening my eyes and smiling at him.

Ryan laughed. "That's amazing. How'd you know it was me?"

"Jon is my height, Brendon isn't as comfortable as you are, and Spencer isn't bony. And Trent would never let me snuggle with him." I said, shrugging.

He laughed and put his head on top of mine.

"Tired?" I asked, reaching up to play with his hair.

"Yeah. That feels really good."

I closed my eyes again. "God, I'm tired too. Why are we tired?"

"Me too," Brendon said, laying his head on my lap.

"That doesn't answer my question Brenny bear." I said, moving my hand to Brendon's hair and playing with it.

"Ryan was right, this does feel really good." Brendon said, closing his eyes.

" Woah woah woah hey!" Ryan complained, "You were doing it to my hair first. Brendon needs to get his own best friend!"

"Hey!" Spencer shouted from the kitchen. "I thought I was your best friend!"

"Sorry, Kate's cooler than you!"

"Kate, I hate you!"

"Love you too, Spencer!"

"Kate, play with my hair again!"

I sighed. "Fine, Ryan. You're whinier than an emo kid."

We never did find out the reason for why we were so tired, but we did fall asleep on the couch. Luckily Jon was smart enough to realize that if he didn't take the brownies out when the timer beeped, the brownies would burn and he wouldn't get any.

We woke up about an hour after the timer beeped.

"HOLY CRAP THE BROWNIES!" I said, sliding out from under Ryan and Brendon and running to the kitchen. I heard a muffled "Ow" from behind me as Ryan fell on top of Brendon.

"Whoa there little sister," Jon said, grabbing my arm and slowing me down. "I got the brownies. But I demand slightly more of them because I saved them from a burnt crispy fate."

"Fine," I said, shrugging. "I was thinking, maybe I should only make these once a year. That way, they'll be even more sacred."

The loud music playing from Trent's room turned down. "Don't you dare do that, or I will hurt you!" his voice called, before the music turned up.

"Wow Jon, you're sister's really comfortable. You should try sleeping with her sometime." Ryan said, walking into the kitchen and changing the subject. As soon as the words left his lips, he realized what he said and blushed.

Jon looked like he was torn between punching Ryan for that comment, and laughing. Brendon and I tried to hold it in, but we glanced at each other, and burst out laughing. Once we started, Jon joined in, and eventually Ryan.

We laughed for a good five minutes, before calming down.

"Nice one Ryan. I thought you were supposed to be the one that was good with words," I commented, grabbing a knife to cut the brownies.

The soft sound of a butter knife digging into a brownie must be a siren for all who have ever had my brownies. By the time I finished cutting them, Trent had come downstairs, and Scarlett and Josh had arrived. Everyone surrounded me, waiting for the first brownie.

"Alright guys, I will never make these brownies for any of you if you all don't give me some room.

Instantly, everyone was pressed against the far wall.

"I'm sorry Trent, Josh and Scarlett, these brownies are not for you." They groaned. "I promised Ryan, Brendon and Spencer because they didn't get pancakes, and Jon saved the life of these brownies from burning, so I'm giving him some too."

I separated the brownies onto two plates. One plate I gave to Panic, and the other, I covered in saran wrap and put on the countertop. "I counted these and if someone who is not in Panic at the Disco so much as steals a crumb, I will never make them brownies again," I threatened. "Panic at the Disco, these are for the road. Eat them before then, and the same threat applies. You may eat."

Ryan, Brendon, Jon and Spencer each grabbed a brownie and bit into it. Delighted moans echoed from their lips.

"Kate these are amazing."

"I second that."

"Will you marry me?"

"No Brendon."

The brownies disappeared quickly, and then we were off to do concert type things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. Now remember,

Comments + Subscriptions = Love
Love = Inspiration
Inspiration = Faster updates

Spam doesn't count.

The Older Brother

Pretty much how I imagine Trent
Age: 25