Status: finished//sequel is up

A Few of My Famous Friends

Just Beat It...

I was waiting impatiently at the merch table while the bands did meet and greet.

As I put away the unsold merch, Scarlett came up to me.

"How did you get in here?" I asked, confused.

"Bribery," Scarlett said. I didn't doubt her. "Anyways, I just got great news. I was in your house-" I shot her a look but she ignored it and kept talking "And your agent called-"

I cut in. "I know. He called my cell phone. I ignored it because I had to work."

"Yeah, but I answered your home phone."

"What?"

"Yeah, we talked and he said he has a great movie for you!" She pulled a piece of paper out of her purse. "It's called The Two Princesses of Bamarre, and it's based on a book by Gail Carson Levine-"

"I am familiar with that, yes. But I have to work merch for the rest of tour."

"Don't you have a day off in like two weeks between the Portland and Reno shows?"

"Did you memorize the tour schedule? And yeah, so?"

"They have an audition then in L.A. Audition! I'm sure Jon will understand."

"I dunno. I'll talk to him. Which part does Riley want me to audition for?" I asked, closing a box and taping it shut.

"The lead. Princess Addie."

I straightened up and raised my eyebrows. "The lead? I've never played a lead before. Riley usually has me audition for minor characters."

"He says he's confident in your ability to get this role. You've really improved. It shows in the last movie you made."

I put my fingers on my temple. "Alright. I need to talk to some people, but I'm willing. Thanks Scar."

"No problem. Now I have some business to attend to in the form of a handsome security guard." She said, winking and skipping off.

I rolled my eyes. I needed to talk to some people about security, in addition to leaving. I'd bring it up later, when everyone was less tired.

A half hour later, we all got on the tour bus, and we made a couple stops at various Chicago houses to say goodbye.

Scarlett tried her usually sneak-on-whatever-mode-of-transportation-and-hope-they-don't-find-me-until-it's-too-late tactic. Like every single time she's tried it in the past, it didn't work.

I tried unsuccessfully to get to sleep that night. For some odd reason, Brendon was even more wired than usual and demanded that Ryan, Jon and Spencer practiced for the next concert with him.

Jon carefully pointed out that their instruments were in another trailer, and that they couldn't get to them.

Brendon handed his guitar to Ryan, and threw some shakers he found under a bed at Spencer. I tugged Jon away from Brendon's craziness and he followed me into the sleeping area.

"Can you believe how crazy Brendon's being? I wonder if he's drunk." Jon said, , looking at where Ryan, Spencer and Brendon were playing Mad as Rabbits. Ryan looked to where we were and mouthed "Save me"

"Um, yeah," I said, turning so I couldn't see them. "Jon, I have to talk to you, and it's kinda serious."

The smile on his face slowly slid off as he adapted a more serious look. "Okay, what's going on?"

"What…what would happen if I went home and stopped working merch for you guys?" I asked, fidgeting.

"Um, we'd get another merch person, and we'd miss you. Why?"

I licked my lips, and took a deep breath. "Because Riley called. You know, my agent? He said that there's an audition for a lead in this movie, and he wants me to audition. Scarlett says it's on the day between the Portland and Reno show…" I trailed off.

His serious face brightened as his smile returned. "Well, I think you should audition!"

"Really?"

"Of course! Who would I be to deny you auditioning for a lead? That would be like you telling me I shouldn't, I dunno, play at a really good venue, or get interviewed by a good magazine. I'm not going to stop you. This could make your career. In fact, if you don't audition, I'm kicking you off tour."

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. "Fine. I'll audition. Man, you really want me to get this part, don't you?"

"Of course! It's an amazing opportunity for you."

"If you say one more thing about it, I'm going to punch you in the balls."

Jon laughed. "I could beat you up Kate."

I stuck out my tongue at him. I then went back to the kitchen area to save Ryan.

"Hey, um, Brendon, can I borrow Ryan and Spencer for a little bit?" I asked, hesitantly.

"We're practicing." Brendon said, glaring at me and fingering chords on his imaginary guitar, since he gave his real one to Ryan.

"Well, I want to, um, ask them what I should get you for your birthday. And I want it to be a surprise." I said, making something up. It actually wasn't that far-fetched because it was coming up in about a week.

"You haven't gotten my present yet?" Brendon asked. If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

"Um, no. I don't know what to get you, and I was going to get you something when we were in Chicago, but I forgot, cause of seeing all of my friends at home and stuff." I had actually gotten his present a week ago.

"Fine," Brendon said grumpily, taking his guitar back from Ryan.

Ryan and Spencer followed me to the bunk area. I sat on Jon's bed, where he was laying down and listening to his iPod.

"I thought you already bought Brendon his birthday gift." Ryan said, confused.

"Shhh! Do you want to go back to practicing with the devil? Excuse me, I meant Brendon." I whisper-shouted.

Spencer elbowed Ryan in the stomach. "Nice one."

"Stop it Spencer or you'll break him," I hissed.

Jon pushed me out of his bed. "Go to bed. You're cranky."

"It's cause Trent woke me up this morning at 6:30," I said angrily. I looked down at my watch. "Excuse me, yesterday morning."

"Just go to bed." Spencer said, trying to calm me down. "You'll be more sociable tomorrow."

"Today," I stated shortly.

"Fine, whatever. God, you're such a crankypants." Jon said, rolling his eyes.

"OKAY, GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!" I yelled, particularly to Brendon.

Their goodnights were as different as they were. Brendon's was in a sing song voice from where he was fretting chords, and Jon's was grumpy and he didn't bother looking up from his brick game on his iPod. Spencer hugged me and Ryan kissed my cheek and hugged me. The bus driver yelled it to me, with an added 'dear'. Everyone exchanged weirded out looks and then burst out laughing.

I made sure Jon was looking away before sneaking in Ryan's bunk. He had the most comfortable mattress, no lie. I even tried sleeping on Jon's and Spencer's once or twice. Ryan's was definitely the comfiest.

I decided to text Josh and tell him about my decision with the audition.

"hey there joshypoo"

"whats up kate?"

"i think im gonna audition for a lead"

"great!"

"you think i should do it?"

"totally"

"k thanks. ily"

"ily too"

"nighty night"

"goodnight"

When Ryan finally went to bed, he woke me up with "Holy shit, hot girl in my bed!"

"Shh! I'm supposed to be sleeping with Brendon, remember?"

"Oh, right."

Silence stretched as we tried to fall back asleep.

I guess we were successful, because I woke up and my watch read 9:45 AM.

I tried to climb out over Ryan, but even though he was a stick, I still fell out of the bunk. Luckily he had a lower bunk, so my fall wasn't too bad.

Ryan poked his head out of his bunk, and so did Spencer, above him.

"What the heck happened?" Spencer asked.

"I tried to climb over a sleeping boy without waking him up and I fell." I said, sticking my tongue out at him. "Now go back to sleep, it's too early for rock stars like you to be awake."

I changed and looked at the tour schedule on my way out of the bus. We were currently in Milwaukee, outside the Eagles Ballroom. Sounds like fun.

I wandered around and eventually found a Starbucks. I paid for everyone's favorites, once again. Before picking up the cartons that held the drinks, I checked my wallet. Hmm, I needed to get people to pay for their coffees, I was getting low.

I returned and left the coffees on the appropriate tour buses. Hayley and Josh Farro were already up, so I stood outside the venue and sipped coffee with them. There were already some kids lined up. Crazy.

We got bored and went over to talk to them. Some of them were pretty cool, for waiting in line at 10:30 AM.

We headed back in the Paramore tour bus after our coffees had drained.

"Some of those kids were pretty cool." I mused, throwing away my coffee cup.

"Yeah," Hayley agreed.

Josh walked over to us and smirked. "I got two of their phone numbers. Anna and Aubrey."

"Ew, you pedophile. Those girls are like fifteen!" Hayley said, whacking Josh.

"But they were hot!" Josh protested. After receiving glares from Hayley and I, he rolled his eyes. "Fine. I'll give them to Zac. He's only two years older than them."

"Freak," I muttered under my breath, "trying to pick up fans. Anyways, I need to tell you guys something."

"Okay, shoot," Hayley said, smiling after a final glare at Josh.

"Well, you know how I'm an actress? Well, I'm trying out for a lead in like two weeks."

"Oh my God, that's great!" Hayley said, happily. "You're definitely going to get it."

"Hayley, have you even seen me act?"

"Um, no?"

I laughed. "Well maybe you should rent one of my movies. Actually, not my movies, cause I'm only a supporting role, but yeah."

"We'd so do that, except being on the road kinda prevents us from renting movies, cause we can't return them. Wait! Does Blockbuster's accept movies from other Blockbuster's?" Hayley asked hyperly.

"I don't know, maybe we better wait until we're at a place for longer than a day. Or get the movie early in the morning, watch it before lunch, and return it," I responded.

"Sounds like a plan, Stan!" Hayley said sarcastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I couldn't get this out sooner, I got grounded D=
Okay, please please please comment. I know last chapter sucked, so I'm okay with the few comments I got, but remember:
comments+subscriptions=love
love=faster updates
And this is the Tybalt killing Mercutio scene of this story.
Sorry for the Romeo and Juliet reference, that just means that this chapter sets up the rest of the story.
I'm thinking of changing the title, I just can't think of anything right now.