Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 4

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Charlotte. I hope you don't mind me sitting here, it just seemed as though you could use some company... that, and I don't know anyone yet." He said with a slight chuckle, looking around. I spotted Jack wandering over to Orange Julius.

"No, no it's alright," I replied. "So, where are you from?"

"Los Angeles."

"Oh..."

There was a slight silence before Jack returned with four orders of Cinnabon Stix, a Minibon, a caramel Chillatta, and a Trippleberry Orange Julius among other random food items.

"Hungry, Jack?" I mumbled. I heard Austin laugh quietly from his seat beside me.

"Ha ha, Char," Jack said sarcastically. "Who's this?"

"Hey, I'm Austin." He said, extending his hand.

Jack took it and shook it firmly. "Jack," he said and looked down at his food. "Here, Char I know you said you didn't want anything but I know you better than that." He grabbed the Trippleberry Orange Julius and set it in front of me with a wide goofy grin. I couldn't help but smile, Jack knew it was my favorite. I stuck in a straw and began sipping on my juice as more people sat down next to Jack and eventually Austin.

"Hey... Are you new here too?" A small girl with platinum blonde hair asked me.

I thought about it for a quick second. 'I could have some fun with this...' "Yeah, I am. I'm Charlotte."

"Hey, everyone! This is Charlotte. She's new here too." The girl said, smiling wide. An assortment of greetings followed shortly after, and all I could do was smile. "I'm Bella, by the way."

After a while, the flirting, giggles and football chants became too much and I got up and wandered away from the now crowded table. Absentmindedly sipping my juice, I wandered down the row of stores, counting the tiles as I made my way to my favorite place in the world. Anette, an old retired rocker, settled down here in Diamond Heights and opened a little shop she called, 'Hysteria'. I walked into the dimly lit room and breathed deep. It always smelled good in there.

"Hey there, Char." Anette's husband, who we all called Smith, greeted me with his signature snarly smile.

I smiled and waved slightly before making my way to the back of the store and plopped myself down on the small faded red pleather sofa.