Psychotic craze

Scary movie.

"So Toby why on earth are your parents going away at the end of summer vacation?" My mom asked as we all sat and ate pizza.

"Anniversary." Toby blurted out through mouthfuls of pizza, his eyes scanning around the table until they rested on mine, his stare lingered for a few moments before he wiped his mouth.

"Whose little Joni staying with then?" She asked.

"Ah she's staying with my aunt and uncle out in Washington." He grinned.

"How come you're not staying with them?" Daniel asked.

"Because last time I visited I caused them too much trouble." He chuckled.

"You're not any trouble though." My mom blinked.

"That's because I like it here." He grinned again, just as my mom was going to speak again a small jingle went off somewhere in the room. I glanced around confused but Daniel got up and went straight to the sofa, picking up his mobile phone or cell phone rather he groaned at the caller I.D.

"Hey Lora." He said in an unenthusiastic voice, 2 seconds later the front door bell sounded.

"Oh that's my friend!" My mom laughed, she scooted out of her chair and went to the door.

"So what do you think?" Toby spoke all of a sudden.

"Excuse me?" I asked taken a back.

"Of the new country." He raised his eyebrow.

"Y-yeah it's great." I half lied.

"Ready for school?" He chuckled scraping his chair across the floor to move closer.

"Not really, unless there's an all girl's football team." I groaned.

"All girls' football? That's madness, for a start they can't fit into those big uniforms." He poked the side of my arm playfully.

"I meant - I meant soccer." I added and to my words his eyes brightened immediately.

"You play soccer?" He asked excitedly.

"I used to - not so sure right now." I told him as he grinned childishly his hazel eyes catching the light and glinting, there was something about him that made me want to stare at his face for ever.

"We should play some time to verify how good you really are." He said quietly still grinning.

"Oh I'm pretty sure verification isn't required." I smiled.

"It's weird - you look so much like Danny." He blinked staring at me.

"Well we are twins…" I added in a matter of fact tone.

"I know but your like the girl version of him - it's slightly scary." He smirked.

"Girls can be scary." I nodded.

"Up until a month ago I didn't even know he had a sister." Toby scoffed looking at Daniel who was rocking on his heels in an impatient manner.

"Lora - Lora, I'm sorry but your starting to annoy me now, so what if the agency called you short? Technically you are short now I'm going to put the phone down." Daniel said bluntly not waiting for a reply he cursed before throwing his mobile on the sofa again. I rolled my eyes and Toby chuckled slowly.

"Hey, don't think we're all that bad - Danny just has anger issues here and there." He smirked before getting up and leaving the table. I stared after him as he sat back down on the floor in front of the television and the sound of shooting and shouting instantly followed.

I waited for my mom to come back and Toby shot me a smile from in front of the television before my mom came in smiling.

"So what do you want to do?" She asked pulling me up.

"How about a good film?" She grinned getting the boys attention.

"As long as we get to choose it." Daniel said firmly.

Mom put her hands up in defeat and then motioned them towards a big rack of films telling him to go ahead as she dragged me to the sofa; Daniel disregarded me and sat next to my mom as Toby went to switch the lights off. Once it was dark and the film started he trudged over and sunk into the small space next to me.

"Budge over a little that pizza put a few rings around me." He hissed into my ear making me laugh quietly.

I wasn't too affected by scary horror movies; it was just the stupid music in the background that freaked me out. As soon as it would be time for a character to get brutally murdered you'd know because the character would be all alone and the music in the background would instantly give it away. Half an hour in and 3 people had already died, a large woman with orange hair was wandering alone now, her breath was uneven and tears glistened on her cheeks as she tried to weave her way through the solid darkness. I braced myself as the piano started rumbling in the background, the woman's breath was getting louder and louder and I knew it was coming when her torch ran out of battery. It was total darkness now as she tripped and ran through the dark house. I covered my eyes and the music got louder and louder and finally came to its peek - a shrieking scream followed. I heard Toby laughing.

"Yeah!" He shouted as I opened my eyes to see her half severed body being dragged down the stairs drenched with blood - oh God; what an endearing sight.

__________________________________________________________________

"Michael!" The girl screamed as she shook his limp body on the bed.

My neck was hurting as I realised I must have dosed off, it was tilted to the right and rested on my moms shoulder, her head was tilted to the right and rested on Daniel's shoulder who's head was lolled back with his mouth wide opened. I shuddered as I heard another scream escape form the television and looked around to be surrounded by darkness, the only light emitted was form the television. Man how many people can get killed in one film by the same murderer who happens to dodge and survive all bullets and hundreds of police officers?

Rubbing my neck I tried to move forwards but found it hard as my body was wedged between my mom and Toby's but almost had a heart attack when I heard something.

"Boo." Someone whispered in my ear causing me to jolt upright and gasp.

My gasp was automatically followed by laughter in quick breaths, whispered laughter but it wasn't mine; it was Toby's whispered laughter!

"You - you - idiot!" I finished trying to get my breath even again as my heart thudded against my chest; I could just about see his eyes flash through the darkness.

"I scared you." He teased mockingly blocking all my attempts to hit him; he had my hands in his hands to stop me and grinned widely.

"Cranky are we?" He rubbed my hair.

"I hope you get eaten by wild dogs." I breathed pushing myself out of the wedge and straightening myself.

"That's not very nice." He exclaimed following me as I found my way to the stairs and climbed them.

"Of course it isn't." I replied dully and I yawned once more feeling tired.

I switched the landing light on and turned to look at Toby whose blonde hair was extremely messy and lay in every direction, he rubbed his eyes sleepily and just as I reached my room he spoke.

"Hey Alison." He called.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I was wondering, tomorrow maybe I could show you some sights?" He asked running his fingers through his hair before flashing me a smile which I just couldn't disappoint.

"Erm - I'll see." I replied swiftly before going into my room quick before he could see the red blush appearing - there was something about him. His blonde hair, his lovely smile - those hazel eyes.

I shook these thoughts out of my head before jumping onto my bed in contentment - finally just me and my bed now. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

That night I dreamt about a strange place, it was big and dark and there were a lot of stairs. The lights had gone out and I was wandering alone trying to find my friends - I was back in England that was one thing I was sure of. I called their names but no one replied, not before long I started hearing hushed footsteps behind me, I stopped - the footsteps didn't stop. I quickened my pace - the footsteps quickened.

I used to think scary movies didn’t bother me apparently I was wrong.