Psychotic craze

Concussion.

This day hadn't turned out quite as expected, not since I had other issues and problems that were always there at the back of my mind swim forwards today. I blame Rose, if she hadn't have called I wouldn't be missing England right now and I wouldn't be feeling guilty for not shedding any tears for my own dad's death. It was unexplainable and completely mad in my opinion, I was his little girl - well not so little but I was still his daughter and I hadn't cried yet. I bit my lip as I tried to keep up with my mom, Daniel and Toby through the herd of people laughing and walking around us.

Someone had suggested we go to a theme park - the joy. The last time I went to a theme park was in England with everyone and it had been a most memorable day. The Ferris wheel ride had especially been engraved in my mind because it was the best and most disconcerted part. Naturally my friends played their matchmaking games and got me and Jake onto one which was incredibly embarrassing and awkward for both of us. I laugh at it now but back then it was uncomfortable, mainly because we both sat there not knowing what to say to each other. It was weird considering we got on well and hung out a lot when other people were around but when it was just the two of us both of our lips clamped shut and we dared not to breathe loudly. It was one of those uneasy experiences because both of us knew how exactly we both ended up in a cart together and alone but I guess we were both too shy to do anything about it. That was how it was with me and Jake, we both knew we liked each other but no one got the chance to make the first move.

Anyway today was different, American theme parks are brilliant if not a teeny weenie bit better than English theme parks, I had sat on most of the rides and stood in the queues for ages without complaining. I had Daniel and Toby's little jokes and arguments keeping me entertained that and the occasional array of questions hurled at me from my mom who was certain something was wrong with me. Daniel was still acting like a jerk; he acted like I didn't exist practically.

"Right toilets before we leave, I don't need any of you annoying me on the way back." My mom stopped and rubbed her neck which was red with sunburn.

Toby and Daniel nodded and walked towards the small hut which was labelled males and I turned to my mom.

"I'm okay." I told her as she handed me small wooden box and her handbag.

"Just keep a hold of these for me hunny, it's pretty busy in there, just wait here okay - I'll be right back." She told me as I nodded.

Daniel had shot some hoops and won the competition for the big prize which was some sort of expensive jewellery in this box - pretty stupid but my mom liked it. I leaned back against the railings and listened to the screams coming from the fastest ride here. I glanced up and admired the speed at which it raced through the air on the track. I definitely had enjoyed that ride the most it was so thrilling, so exhilarating and fantastic, we had queued for ages but the ride had only lasted a minute at the most - oh well it was worth it. Daniel had insisted on going on a different ride so scuttled off on his own whilst me Toby and mom had waited in the line, soon my mom had chickened out and hurried under the ropes to sit at the edge. As I watched the ride go buy at least 50 times until it was our go I found myself feeling nervous too and Toby had noticed.

"It'll be worth it once your on it trust me." He had spoken soothingly trying to convince me.

"And if worst comes to worst you can hold my hand." He teased pushing me forwards as our turn came. Once we were seated and buckled my heart was pumping incredibly fast and I was having immediate second thoughts. Toby had grinned stupidly and rubbed my hair before clasping his hand around mine and smiling at me coolly he opened his mouth again.

"It'll be worth it - trust me." He repeated once more before the ride started moving. I had shot him an anxious glance and he had smiled back reassuringly before clasping both of his hands around mine and winked.

"It'll be worth it." I heard him whisper before I felt my head spin in every direction.

And it had been. It was worth all the anxiety - I would love to ride that rollercoaster a million times and more.

It was late afternoon and I was exhausted from the heat and the long day, I glanced towards the toilet huts and it was swarmed with people coming in and out. I saw a large rock near some trees and decided to sit on it while I waited, as I walked towards it I saw a tall boy with a black hoody covering his head stalk in my direction. What kind of idiot where's a black hoody in weather like this?! He brushed past me rudely and knocked shoulders with me, I stumbled a little when I felt two hands grab my wrist quickly. Before I knew what was going on I felt myself being pulled - wait. I wasn't being pulled my mom's handbag was and the wooden box was being violently snatched out of my grip. I shrieked as the guy in the hood shot me a glare and tugged on both the box and the handbag. I grit my teeth as people stood around me just staring - not even helping, he pulled with all his might but so did I.

"You little bitch!" He snarled, I looked around frantically but no one was attempting to help me, I caught Daniels eyes as he strolled out of the toilets and he instantly broke into a fast sprint towards me.

"Hey you idiot, leave her alone!" He yelled charging at the guy. The guy panicked and lunged at me, he knocked me backwards over the rock and I felt his foot hit my elbow slightly. I felt my head scrape the edge of the rock hard and a warm substance trickled down my forehead slowly. My back hurt from the sudden twist it had taken and my elbow stated to bleed as I lay on the floor panting, I looked up slowly to see Daniel grab the guy but then my vision blurred. A small crowd had formed now and a series of shouts were echoing around the scene, I tried to pull myself up but my elbow was hurting too much, Toby rushed to Daniel at super speed his expression mixed with shock and anger. He grabbed the guy who was about to get away from Daniel and jumped on him pushing him to the floor all three of them writhed about before 5 officers dressed in navy blue came rushing to the scene.

Before I knew it I had a small team of people dressed in white and some in yellow uniforms also rush onto the scene talking rapidly through some walkie talkies,

"Hun you okay?" A woman asked crouching down next to me as I pulled myself up a little and rested against the rock, my eyes darted around trying to find Daniel, Toby and my mom but there were too many people to see not to mention my head was whirling.

"No, I feel s-sick." I stuttered wiping my forehead as my mom came into view, her eyes grew in horror at the sight of me and she bolted towards me.

"Alison! Oh my god, what happened?" She exclaimed pulling me into a hug, I knew she was going to over fuss and blow this all out of proportion, it wasn't that much of a big deal all that happened was that I almost got mugged but Daniel came to the rescue.

"Ma'am can we ask you to step back while we check for any major injuries, is this your daughter?" The woman asked pulling mom away gently.

"Y-yes." My mom replied as she saw Toby and Daniel a few metres away, Daniel had a bleeding lip and Toby had a bruised cheek, their clothes looked dishevelled and they altogether looked rather restless.

"What on earth happened?" I heard my mom shout as she stalked towards them.

"This might sting a little." The woman spoke softly before pressing something to my elbow, I winced a little but then the pain subsided a little. My eyes reverted back to the crowd where I saw the guy in the hoody being pulled away by the officers in the navy blue uniforms.

"Can you tell me how hard you hit your head and where you hit it?" The woman asked as some other people insisted on checking Toby and Daniel.

"On this rock and it wasn't that hard, hard enough for it to bleed." I replied moving a little so she could see where, there was a little blood stain on the rock; my words were coming out slow and slurred.

"Do you have any vision problems? Any feeling of dizziness? Any feeling of numbness or any other pain in your head." She asked whilst dabbing my head cut.

"D-dizzy yes and tired, I see stars." I replied as my head spun, I felt like I was on that ride again but I wanted to go to sleep - I felt so drowsy.

"I need you to stay awake for me hun; it will be beneficial for you." Her voice was getting a little quieter; I felt my head loll sideways as my eyes drooped.

"Alison, that's your name isn't it?" I heard her say louder.

"Huh - erm yeah." I replied sighing my head felt so light.

"Thought so, so are you on vacation?" She smiled sticking something on my head.

"N-not really." I replied quietly.

"Oh well, America is a nice place, now do you feel pain anywhere else?"

"My back hurts a little." I replied quietly.

"Tell me your mom's name, what's her name?" She asked hurriedly.

"Karen Palmer." I mumbled.

"Is there a Karen Palmer here?" Someone shouted loudly as my mom came running.

"Can you please get something cold for her, possibly an ice cream, we need to keep her awake, there may be a possibility she has a concussion." I heard the words quieter but I was confused.

"Where's mom?" I asked all of a sudden.

"Your mom's gone to get something nice for you, now do you know those boys over there?" She asked pointing to Toby and Daniel.

"Yes." I replied as they walked over cautiously having been treated for their own minor injuries.

"How old are you Alison?"

"W-why?" I asked looking around.

"I feel sick." I tried to tell her again.

"Alison, it'll be okay, now please can you tell me how old you are?"

"Can I go home? I want to sleep. I feel so tired." I replied shakily.

I blinked to try and get rid of the blur and it disappeared after about 10 seconds and my elbow still stung a little, my mom returned quickly with an ice cream and offered it me. I began shaking my head but found it forcefully being held to my mouth - what the hell was going on?

"Try and stay awake, you can go to sleep in a few hours." I kept hearing them whisper.

I glanced around and Daniel had his arms folded, he was glaring at a police car which held some guy in a black hoody in the back. Toby was giving me the most peculiar look and was standing too close.

I felt tired and all I wanted to do was sleep - so why weren't they letting me?