Psychotic craze

Dangerous driver.

"Daniel - just give me back my stuff - please." I added very nicely as I tried to contain my anger.

He of course ignored me and proceeded forwards. Okay. I rushed up to him and pulled at the bag in his hands, I managed to yank it hard enough to cause him to halt and then I turned to face him before he could walk any further towards the exit.

"You have no right!" I yelled pointing my finger at him.

"Now give me my bag and passport before I call security!" I warned looking around; I caught the eyes of a tall man in a navy blue uniform. I guess he must have seen the distress in my expression and began to stride over after muttering something into his little radio walkie talkie.

Daniel continued to just stare at me as if I wasn't being serious which only infuriated me even more.

"I don't get it!" I said angrily.

"You want me to leave, I want to leave, so where's the problem?" I hissed.

"Do we have a problem here?" The security guard peered down at us.

"Not at all, my sister here just came from London, she's a little confused and homesick." Daniel smiled before gripping my arm, he waved happily before turning. His expression was replaced once again by that sour look as he pulled me out of the doors and into the car park. I sighed heavily.

"Daniel, you can't do this." I tried tugging my arm out of his grip, my suitcase followed me.

"Daniel!" I finally came to an abrupt halt and examined my red arm.

"You are such an arse hole!" I breathed.

"She doesn't want you to leave though does she?" He hissed.

"Wha -" I began.

"It was a good job I came back to change my sneaks, I saw your little note on the tele and found your passport on the floor in your room." He scoffed.

"I have free will." I commented.

"Yeah, I don't care." He said glaring.

What did he have against me?

"I don't get it!" I finally gave in throwing my hands up into the air.

"You treat me like crap, she treats me like I'm over-sensitive; tip toeing around my feelings and I just want to go back to England! Coming here was a mistake; I get that now, so nothing can stop me from going back! Not you or her, now give me my passport." I counted to 10 in my head again.

"Oh look at little independent little Alison." He snickered.

"Discuss this with her - not me, I couldn't care less, but if you're going to secretly disappear then it bothers me because it'll bother her." He began walking towards a fancy car with my bag and passport. I sighed in defeat and trudged after him but stopped dead when he approached and unlocked a flash car.

"Is that a Jaguar?" I gasped as he stuffed my bag in the back seat and motioned me in.

He stroked the side of it lovingly, "2005 Jaguar Advanced Lightweight Coupe Concept." He finished his blue eyes glistening as he adored his car.

"Get in." He growled.

I turned away from the car and folded my arms in anger, who the hell was he to tell me what I should do?

"I said get in; I'm taking your bag and suitcase and I'm not afraid to just leave you here on your own." He said bitterly slamming his door shut. I frowned and followed his orders, shutting the door I put my seatbelt on quickly as he revved the engine. Oh boy.

He reversed out in one swing and accelerated forwards - fast. I leaned back in my seat as he zoomed out of the car park narrowly dodging some parked cars, he sped down the virtually empty motorway or how he would call it the highway. It was weird to be sitting in a car that was being driven on the right because in England we drive on the left.

He put the music volume up to a band I hadn't heard before and hummed quietly, his eyes fixed on the road ahead, his knuckles were so tight against the steering wheel they were white. I held my hair back as it whipped in the wind; he glanced sideways at me and pressed a little button to roll my window up halfway to stop my hair flowing around my face - how convenient of him, too bad he still had that pole up his backside.

I still wanted and needed to confront him, why was he acting so negative towards me? What had I done that made him so angry at me? I shifted in my seat as he rounded a corner sharply and revved the engine once again. God, I bet he was one of those posers who sped about dangerously in their cars and went above the limits. Dangerous drivers who thought they were so good. Dangerous drivers who thought everything was okay until they hit someone. Dangerous drivers who revved their engines and killed people - I suddenly felt sick.

"Stop it." I breathed as he zoomed down a small street, looks like we were back in the neighbourhood.

He ignored me but I felt increasingly sick. My father had lost his life because of reckless and dangerous driving like Daniel's.

"Stop it. Stop the car!" I said more urgently gripping the sides, he swerved onto the pavement or sidewalk whatever you want to call it and I bound out of the car.

"What is your problem now?" He yelled as I took a look around and gasped for fresh air hoping it would dissolve the sudden sick feeling rising in my throat.

"You are." I snapped.

"You do realise that a guy like you with his stupid driving cost dad his life?" I hissed. His eyes widened at my words.

"And that he was a stupid poser with tinted windows and happened to hit dad at 80!" I screamed.

"He stood no chance because the driver was just a stupid kid posing in his car and going well over the limit!" I hissed at him.

"Just like you!" I wagged my finger at him and turned around.

I wanted to cry but once again no tears came, my throat felt dry and rough but no tears came, my eyes were clean and dry and held no moisture.

I wanted to scream and shout at Daniel, tell him to tell me what his problem was, tell him to stop acting like a jerk, tell him to stop it full stop - but I had no energy left, I sat on the edge of the curb and put my palms under my head, resting my elbows on my knees.

This was all a stupid mistake; I should have stayed in England, where the temperature hardly went over 30°C in the summer and we were lucky enough to get that, but if the sun was being extremely generous it would go beyond that for a day. Here, it was starting to cool down now as the sun was on it's way down however it was still incredibly warm, the skin on my legs felt hot under it.

"Look." I heard Danny begin after a long period of silence.

"Alison - I -" He was finding it hard to get his words out, an apology would be great or an explanation.

I saw his shadow looming closer to me as he walked over when I heard laughter to my left - and a lot of it. Before I could turn my head to see who it was I heard Daniels name being shouted followed by more laughter and a quick shout.

I got up quickly not wanting to linger around any sort of loud noise or groups of people right now.

"Hey! You - heads up!" Before I could move fast enough I felt a ball making contact with the side of my face - hard and at extreme speed. My vision blurred for a moment before I was knocked side wards by the force of the ball.

Great. Just what I needed on a day like today.