Bloody Mary

Never was a girl with a wicked mind

An hour after arriving at Bloody Mary, Gary and I left. We figured coming back at peak hours would be a better way to measure how successful this bar is; if it’s successful at all. Fallenvale is a small town, no one is going to drive all the way up here to come to a pub. Sure the Inn would be worth it, but not the pub.

I get out of the shower and wrap a black towel around my torso before walking out. As I do I run into Daria, one of my great aunts. She’s still in full blown Victorian mourning gear and her unpleasant look is directed towards me. She hold out her hand and in it is a ring Adele would always wear,

“I can’t accept this.” I tell her, clutching my towel so it doesn’t fall. “Adele never took this ring off.”

“She would want you to have it,” her Romanian accent is thick, unlike her little sister’s, “Adele loved you and wanted you to have it more than any other relative.”

“Thank you,” I say, softly, as I take the ring. A weak smile appears on my lips as I pass her, feeling her gaze on me even as I walk down the hall to my bedroom.

I get into my room and see Gary sitting on my bed reading one of the many Vampire folklore books Adele kept in her library,

“There is a whole library downstairs you can read that in,” I tell Gary, “why are you in my room?”

“One of your aunts came into the library and a chill went up my spine,” he tells me, “I got scared so I left.”

“Well go face your fear or get dressed!” I exclaim, “we’re going back up to Bloody Mary in an hour and I’ve got to finish getting ready.”

“Why are you kicking me out?” He questions, “it’s not like I haven’t seen you naked Caity.”

“My great aunts already think we’re living in sin, let’s not make it worse Gary.” I sigh, “go get ready, please?”

An annoyed sigh escapes Gary’s lips, but he does as he’s told. With the book in hand, he gets up off my bed and walks out, not before stopping to stare at the ring I’m gently holding. “What do you have there?”

“A ring,” I tell him, “Adele never took this off. Aunt Daria thought I should have it.”

“It’ll look good on you,” he notes before walking out; closing the door behind him. I sigh escapes my lips as I walk over to my duffel bag. It’s time to get ready for tonight…

**

Abel

“I don’t like this girl,” I mutter causing Gabriel to laugh.

“You don’t like anyone Abe,” he notes, “I swear I think you only tolerate me and Rosie.”

“You guys I like,” I tell him, “this blonde headed bitch is someone I don’t like. And don’t get me started on her damn sidekick.”

“There is something weird about him, isn’t there?” Rosary notes, “her aura is fine but his is off; too much black.”

“And that’s not a good thing, is it?” Gabriel asks, earning a glare from Rosary. “Fine what does Caity’s aura say about her?”

“She’s a dark past but her aura doesn’t say that.” Rosary states, “she’s a bright light to her friend’s dark. She’s genuinely good. Angel-like almost.”

“That’s because she doesn’t know what she is yet.” I counter with a smirk. “Once she finds out what she is, she’ll succumb to her natural instinct.”

“She won’t become a monster, she’s nothing like her other family members,” Rosary explains just as Caity walks into the pub dressed up nicely.

“All Vaduvas succumb to their natural instincts,” I state as I watch Caity maneuver her way through the crowd. “She’ll be no different.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Caity

Comment&Subscribe?

Check out my other vampire story?