Bloody Mary

Pleasure to meet you, prepare to bleed

Caity

“You look bored!” Gary yells over Cradle of Filth’s song Nymphetamine Overdose. “This place is jamming, I’m actually surprised.”

“That makes the two of us.” I chuckle as my best friend sits down next to me at the bar. “Something doesn’t seem right here.”

“What do you mean?” He asks, “didn’t think locals would like this place?”

“None of these people are locals,” I state, “most of the people I talked to are from New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, Vegas! They fly out here monthly to come here. They’re from cities that are known of their nightclubs but they make a trip to come to Fallenvale, New York. A town virtually no normal person knows of.”

“Rosary said it herself, people are drawn to this place.” Gary shrugs, “so what if Bloody Mary is a very successful pub, or nightclub by the looks of it.” His gaze leaves me and focuses on the filled up dancefloor normal pubs wouldn’t really have. I look and see a sea of sweaty bodies covered in glitter and smearing make-up.

“It doesn’t seem right,” I mutter taking a sip of my red wine.

“I thought you’d be happy that you inherited a successful business?” Gary asks. “You’re free to come and go as you please, Caity. You don’t have to worry about losing money with this place.”

“I know I should be happy but I can’t get passed this feeling I have,” I sigh, running fingers through my hair. “I can’t even explain how I’m feeling right now.”

“I’m sure it’s nothing,” Gary smiles, “how about you go talk to either Rosary and Gabriel; they might be able to shed some light. They’ve probably been around Bloody Mary long enough to be able to tell you the reason of the success. Who knows, it could be the amazing Bloody Mary they serve here.”

“Maybe,” I mutter as I continue to people watch, allowing silence to wash over us…

**
Three A.M rolls around and the place is still packed to the gills. This is place is every fire marshal's’ worst nightmare. I slip off my bar stool and head out towards the parking lot. My hot skin meets the cold air outside, instantly sending shivers up my spine as goosebumps prickle my skin.

This club doesn’t make sense, I think to myself as I walk towards my car. I lean up against it as I wait for Gary. I know Gary is right when he said I should be grateful that the club is successful. And I am. I just can’t stop but thinking there is something more to the picture than just a club. Could there be drugs involved or maybe even prostitution? I don’t know. I haven’t been in Fallenvale in years; all these people are strangers. Sure my grandmother may have trusted them but it doesn’t mean I have to.

As I’m waiting for Gary, I notice Abel and a few drunken girls walking out of the club and out back towards the shed. Abel has an annoyed look on his face, an expression I’m sure is permanent, as the girls stumble drunkenly towards him, laughing loudly as they do. Curiosity gets the better of me as I find myself following behind them, being sure not to attract Abel’s attention.As I get closer to the group, I notice we’re at the shed. I see Abel punch in a code before the door opens up. Seconds later, Abel ushers the girls inside before closing the door behind him.

I wait for a couple minutes before I head over there. I look at the number pad and all the numbers are new. There goes my plan to get in I think to myself. There are no faded numbers. Then I go through all of Adele’s usual combo’s. Her birthday? Doesn’t work. My father’s, her son, birthday? Doesn’t work. I took a deep breath and finally type in my birthday… The door opens and I can’t help but to smile. Maybe she still did care about me all these years.

I walk into the shed and instantly see the stairs leading down. Without thinking, I take them. Slowly descending into whatever is under the shed I wasn’t allowed in. Once at the bottom I notice the room is like a labyrinth. The only other thing I can hear, aside from the clicking of my heels, is the sound of faint music. Despite what my brain tells me, I follow the sound of the music; hoping it’ll lead me somewhere and not get me lost in the maze.

After what feels like forever, I reach a door. My arm slowly goes to the doorknob; afraid to open it and reveal whatever is on the other side. But despite fear feeling me to run away, I open it up. Inside the room the two girls from the club and Abel are rolling around in a bed of satin sheets. Both girls, don’t look like they side before. They still have their bleach blonde hair but their faces are twisted and evil; their eyes are glowing red. And Abel? His bright blue eyes are now as dark as the night sky. His canines are pointed like...fangs?

My gasp, interrupts… whatever is going on. The girls cover up their naked chests and their faces return to something more normal. Abel looks at me, annoyed as usual. His eyes return to a nice shade of blue but the fangs never disappear; not even when gets out of bed, naked, and advances towards me.

“Wh-what are you?” I stutter out, slowly backing up as he continues to make his way to me; not bothering to cover up.

“You really shouldn’t have came here,” he states, “you weren’t meant to find out about this place.”

“What are you!?” My voice edges towards hysterics as I’m backed up to a wall. Abel just slowly walks over to me, standing right in front as to block me from running away.

“Nothing you’ll remember tomorrow,” he gives me a toothy grin before leans in towards me. I feel his lips softly kissing my neck causing me to bite hard on my bottom lip to suppress a moan. But seconds later that feeling is quickly replaced with a piercing pain in my neck and the room being filled with the sound of my scream…

**

I wake up with the sun breaking into my room through the half-assed closed curtain. A groan escapes my lips as I bury my head into my pillow in a vain attempt to keep the sun out of my eyes.

“Morning sunshine!” I hear Gary yell as he storms into my room. Another groan sounds out as my head begins pounding. I don’t remember drinking that much last night, so why do I feel like I’ve got a hangover? Honestly my alcohol intake isn’t the only thing fuzzy about last night.

“What happened last night?” I ask Gary as he walks over to my bed, holding a glass of water and a few Motrin.

“You tell me,” he says, “and while you’re at it tell me where you got that funky looking hickie.”

I jump out of bed quickly and rush towards the mirror. I get here and notice the bruise on my neck. And in the center of it are two puncture wounds. I bring my hand up to it, gently tracing the tender skin.

“I don’t remember how I got this,” I admit to Gary.

“I guess you should really lay off the red wine then, huh Caity.” He chuckles. “Anyway, get dressed, Rosary said she’s taking us hiking today. Finally get to see all those trails Gabriel was talking about last night.”

“I’ll be ready in thirty minutes,” I tell him. “I need to take a quick shower.” He just simply nods before leaving my room; closing the door behind him.

I take one more look at the bruise on my neck before stripping off my clothing and grabbing a towel by my vanity. I wrap the towel around my torso as I try and remember what happened to me last night.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?