Status: Complete

Hide and Make Pizza

Hide and Make Pizza

I walk into the house, the intoxicating aroma of food filling my nostrils. I follow the scent to the kitchen to see Andrew preparing homemade pizza. I sneak up behind him, grabbing a handful of flour. "Hey babe," I say, holding the flour behind my back.

He turns around, smiling when he sees me. "Hey," he says, walking towards me to give me a hug. When he is a few inches away, I take the flour from behind my back and blow it into his face. He stops moving and stands, shocked by what I did. I stand there, giggling. He wipes the flour from around his eyes and stands there, fuming. I watch as his chest heaves up and down, the strong breaths from his nostrils blowing away from under his nose.

I gulp and slowly back away. "Andrew," I say, carefully wording my response. "I'm sorry for throwing flour in your face. I thought it would be a light-hearted action. Apparently I was wrong, so please forgive me." I add a pouty face at the end, hoping this will soften him.

He walks over to the counter and grabs a towel wiping his face. I watch carefully, looking for signs of any anger. He leans against the counter and finally speaks up. "I'm not angry at you Selena."

I hunch over, letting out a sigh of relief while looking down at the ground. "Oh my gosh, really? I was worried that you were going to be pissed off at me." I stand up straight when suddenly an egg comes flying at my face. Splat! It cracks on my glasses. I gasp, my eyes widening in surprise as I take off my glasses. "You didn't."

He smiles. "I did."

I grab some paper towel and begin wiping the egg yolk off my glasses. I turn around so I am not facing Andrew. I begin making fake sniffles, pretending that I am crying in order to guilt trip him. To add to the dramatics, I grab a tissue and begin blowing my nose.

I hear Andrew begin to walk towards me. "Selena, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." He tries to hug me from behind, but I spin around, kicking his legs, causing him to trip. I bolt before he can retaliate.

"Oh I'm going to get you now," he yells before coming after me.

"Catch me if you can," I yell, turning my head around while running through the massive house. When I turn my head back around, I run into a corner table, causing an antique pot to wobble. I keep running out of fear of Andrew catching up to me. However, I quickly glance back when I hear a cracking sound . The porcelain figurine smashed on the floor. I keep running and head downstairs to the lower level. I run towards the room the pool is located, open the door, and quickly close it, keeping the lights off. All that is visible is the shimmer of the water in the middle of the room. I crouch in a corner, wondering how long it is going to take for Andrew to find me, if he doesn't give up.

I sit in darkness for what seems to be forever before my phone starts vibrating. I curse whoever is possibly giving up my location. I look at the screen to see it is none other than Andrew. I don't answer, quickly turning off the phone, hoping he isn't nearby. I hold my breath, as though this will cover up my location.

A few minutes go by before I suddenly relax, believing I am safe. This action is wasted though when the door suddenly springs open and Andrew barrel rolls in, flicking on the lights. He straightens up, smiling when he sees me.

"Nice hiding place," he says, beaming with pride because he found me.

I stand up, holding my hands in surrender. "There's no need to fluff me up. I get it. You found me. Now go ahead and take your revenge." I put my hands down and walk up to him. "I can take whatever you throw at me."

A mischievous grin appears on his face. "Oh I'm not going to be throwing anything at you this time." I smile, relieved. "I'm going to be throwing you." My smile falters as I begin backpedaling away from him. It's no use though because he grabs my waist and hoists me over his shoulder. "I hope you don't mind getting your hair wet," he says before quickly throwing me into the pool.

The cold water submerges me as I sink to the bottom. I resurface after a few seconds, freezing. I wade in the water, shivering. Andrew is keeled over, laughing. "How's the water temperature?" he says through bursts of laughter.

"Freezing," I say, not as amused by the situation as he is.

"Perfect," he says while taking his shirt off. Before I can ask him what he is doing, he dives into the pool, coming up next to me.

"What are you doing?" I ask, really confused.

Andrew pulls me into his arms. "Warming you up of course," he says before pulling me into a kiss.

We kiss until we are gasping for air, causing us to pull apart.

"I think I should throw flour at you more often," I say, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I agree," he says before pulling me in for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short little drabble. If you want more just ask me.