Status: Complete.

The Youngest Avenger: Origins.

Return.

I waited next to happy and pepper, on the hot Tarmac at Edwards Air Force base. It's been so long sense I've seen my father. Three months to be exact, I've never been so excited for a plane to land.

I clenched my sweaty hands together as the rear door opens, I see my father and Rhodey's silhouettes. Rhodes is helping my father down.

I let out a few breaths, my abilities have been out of control lately. I've been good at hiding it, I just hope I can hold it all together.

"Jack!" My father calls.

He looks over at the ambulance. "Are you kidding me with this? Get rid of them."
He says towards Rhodey, as he makes a bee line towards me.

I felt my head throb and I gulp back, feeling nervous.

"Dad!" I stammered.

He reached out towards me and pulls me into a tight hug despite his injured arm. I hug him back as tightly as I can muster.

"It's good to see you kiddo, god, you got strong." He laughed.

"S-sorry, I've just missed you. " I muttered, looking down.

My father ruffled my hair, looking at me. "Always so serious, jack...I've missed you to." He explained.

I gave him a small smile, still feeling worried. He wraps his good arm around my shoulders, pulling me in close. Dad gives pepper a once over before stating: "Your eyes are red. A few tears for your long-lost boss?"

"Tears of joy. I hate job hunting." She answers, giving a small confident smile.

"Yeah, vacations over." He Commanded as the four of us got into my fathers rolls Royce.

It's been only five minutes and pepper and dad are back at it again. They constantly bicker, it's always been like this. Nothing new.

After awhile my dad does what he does best, get his way. But I can't help feel glad and relived that he's not only back but the same.

We eventually reach stark industries, pepper called up a press conference. By the time we reach the factory, I can spot a large group of people waiting for us, lead by none other an Obadiah stane, whom is opening the door of the car. I feel my stomach clench, and breathing suddenly becomes difficult.

"Are you okay, kid? Looking a little green." My father asks, burger in hand.

"Fine. Just peachy." I answer, quickly as I get out of the car.

"Look at this! Tony. We were going to meet at the hospital." Obadiah proclaimed as he gave my father a hug.

"No, I'm fine." My father answer, unwrapping his third burger.

"Look at you! You had to have a burger, yeah? Well, come on. You get me one of those?" I feel anger roll down my spine, in all honesty, Obadiah scares me. Something doesn't feel right, I grit my teeth, would any of them believe me?

"There's only one left. I need it." Father says, in his naturally sassy demeanor.

"Hey, look who's here! Yeah!" Obadiah yells to the crowd.

Father, pepper and happy walk threw the crowd, I go to follow them, when Obadiah pulls me aside. His arm rather tightly around my shoulders.

"How is everything going, jack?" He asks crisply as we walk behind the others, into the building.

"F-fine. Great now." I said looking forward, trying to avoid eye contact.

"So, we won't have to worry about any problems will we? If you have an accident, I might not be able to help you. And your father has already dealt with enough, he doesn't need to deal with your disease."

"N-no, it's not going to be a problem." I speak, so quietly and with practically no confidence, I doubt anyone would believe I was a stark.

"Not going to be a problem?" He asks, a eyebrow raised, a look in his eyes that makes me feel small.

"It's not going to be a problem, sir." I gulped.

"Good, you know I care for you. I'm just looking out for you son, your dad isn't as accepting of these kinds of things. I'm just trying to help." He explained. Giving my arms another squeeze.

I give a small nod, maybe he is right. Maybe he is just looking out for me. He gives me a smile "be careful, jack." He says before walking away.

I stand in the back, on my own and away from the others. I haven't felt the need to be social sense my dad disappeared. I've been focusing on school and not getting in trouble with Obadiah, apparently, while my father was gone I became the face of stark industries and I couldn't tarnish the company with my...problem.

My skin was a few shades darker than usual and my hair a little lighter, because if I haven't been doing school work, I would go surfing or running under the Malibu sun.

Two things I loved to do prior to all this, but lately, two things I've needed to do. I just haven't been as happy or stable as I was, hopefully with my dad back, things can go back to normal...

"What happened over there?" A reporter asked my father. I liked my lips and crossed my arms, watching the press conference unfold.

" I had my eyes opened. I came to realise that I have more to offer this world, and my son, than just making things that blow up. And that is why, effective immediately, I am shutting down the weapons manufacturing division until such a time as I can decide what the future of the company will be. What direction it should take, one that I'm comfortable with and is consistent with the highest good for this country, as well." My father answered.

My head felt fuzzy from that statement. I didn't know how to process it, or what it meant for the company.

As the press start throwing questions, Obadiah hurries Father away from the podium and takes control of the conference pepper grabs my arm and take me and my father, we leave the room as quickly as we can, but not before I heard Obadiah say:

"What we should take away from this is that Tony's back! And he's healthier than ever. We're going to have a little internal discussion and we'll get back to you with the follow-up."
♠ ♠ ♠
And so it begins.