Status: Complete.

The Youngest Avenger: Origins.

Helping Obadiah.

Obadiah was standing in front of his armor. I was standing behind him, my hands tied together. The paralyzer wore off but I still felt week. He walks over to me, shoving Dads arc reactor into my hand and grabbing my arm, pulling me towards the suit.

"You're going to finish the suit, jack. And don't pretend you don't know how." He says smiling, pushing me forward, I stumbled forward.

I looked back at him, unsure what to do. I didn't want to help him but I didn't necessarily want to die ether.

He sighs, looking down and grabbed a gun, pointing it at me.

"Don't make this hard on yourself, jacky." He nodded to the suit. "You have to options, you can die like your father or you can live. I won't mind killing you, boy."

"I'm going to need my hands untied." I blurted. "I won't be able to help you tied up."

He nods, slowly cutting off the rope around my hands. I turn slowly, taking a deep breath. ' 'Just work on the suit, you've done this before, just take your time and do what you know.'

I placed the arc reactor in the the chest cavity...

* * *

"Almost complete?" Obadiah questions. It couldn't have been forty minutes sense I began working on this suit. I was knelt down on the ground, working on the legs, fixing the flight stabilizers on the feet.

"Y-yeah, almost, it's just a lot different then how the original is built..."

"I don't like hearing excuses, jacky. Finish the suit ." He demands, standing over me. A chill goes does my spin, and sweat pools on my brow. How could I ever think this man was good.

And what's worse, he told my father my deepest, darkest secret.

My father was probably dead by now, with one of his last thoughts being that his only child is a monster.

"Give me like twenty more-" there was an explosion. It's was loud, and the blast sent me forward, hitting my head on the iron suit.

"Move." Obadiah grunts, kicking me aside. I see red in my left eye, and a ringing goes threw my whole body. My neck and back feeling burned from the blast and my right leg and chest feel on fire. I do my best to gasp for air.

I blearily see Obadiah enter the suit and disappear into the dark.