Status: Complete.

The Youngest Avenger: Origins.

Rescue.

"Jack!" I see a flash of red hair, and peppers face above me.

"Jack, hey, jack! Are you hurt?" She scans my body for injuries. "You hit your head pretty bad."

"Obadiah- he's here, somewhere. He has a suit-" I grunt.

"Agent Coulson. somebody, help us over here!" She calls "your going to be okay, jack."
She says, trying to soothe me, but she wasn't listening!

Pepper looks up and around and sees where Obadiah's armor was hanging. She holds my hand tightly.

She turns around and sees the lights of Obadiah's armor behind her, looming high above us. He aims and targets her.

With all the power I have, I sit up, pulling her close.

His shoots never hit us. Pepper looks up. "How?" She gasps, amazed at the purple orb surrounding us.

"I c-can't hold it much longer." I moan, feeling the blood rush from my head.

"Take him out!" One of he agents yell.

"We need to move!" She yells. Wrapping my arm around her shoulders, helping me to my feet we began limping away.

"The protective shield won't hold much longer." I whisper, feeling too week and out of breath.

the agents open a fire as Obadiah chases behind the two of us. When we run through a doorway, he's too big to follow, and the force field disappears.

We rush out of he factory, the best we could. "Call dad." I gasp as she sets me down, leaning against a wall. She picks up her phone, dialing quickly.

"Tony! Tony, are you okay?" She yells.

"Yes, jacks okay!" She says giving my hand a squeeze. "I have him with me, he's injured." A wave of relief rushes threw me. My father is alive.

"Obadiah, he's gone insane!"

"Tell him, I worked on the flight stabilizers. Obadiah can't-" I whisper. She doesn't hear me.

"He built a suit." She groans

The Iron Suit, climbs out of the concrete behind us.

"Where do you think you two are going? Your services are no longer required." He exclaims, pointing the gun at us. Before the bullets could reach us, I move a car in front of us, it taking the damage instead of us.

I see a blur of gold and red and I instantly recognize my father.

"Stane!" He yells, moving to draw Stane's fire away from Us.

Dad swoops in and grabs Obadiah, forcing them both through the floor, out of a wall and across a nearby freeway, colliding with a few cars as they go.

"We need to get you out of here." Pepper says, taking on the maternal protection. I nod, feeling unable to do much else.

She helps me up again, I groan in the proces. My father and Obadiah, both fall from the sky.

"Tony!" Pepper yelled.

"Well, how are you going to do that? Overload the reactor?" She said, speaking to him over the device in her ear

"I can do it. I know how." I tell her.

"Jack, are you sure? Your hurt-"

"I can do it. Just help me get there." I demanded.

"Okay. Were going in now." She told my father.

* * *

"Make sure you wait till He clears the roof. He'll buy us some time."

I nod, As I start pulling levers around the arc reactor. "Just tell me when." I begin to push buttons and increasing the power.

"It's ready!" I yell, over the sound of the arc reactor spinning out of control. This thing was ready to explode.

"It's ready, Tony! Get off the roof!" Calls to my father.

Broken glass starts to fall down on us. I look up and see my father as he falls, he grabs hold of a railing and hangs above the arc reactor with Obadiah still firing at him.

"Tony!"

"Dad!" We both yell, seeing him hanging on above us.

"Pepper! Jack!" My dad shouts.

"You told me not to!" She panicked. I was only hearing her side of the conversation. I held onto the rail, feeling like I couldn't possibly do anymore. My leg ached and a sharp pain shot threw my ankle. I was convinced it was at least broken, the same sensation pained my ribs as well.

"You'll die!" She exclaims, almost in tears.

I look up and see my dad hanging on with only one arm.

"Push it!" She calls to me.

Without hesitation I push the button and pepper grabs for me, helping me run as the reactor begins to overload. A surge of energy shoots upwards and the reactor explodes, blowing out the front doors of the factory and up onto the roof.

Iron Man, my father lies unconscious on the roof. His chest piece no longer glowing.

"Tony!" Pepper yells.

"Dad!" I whisper before falling to the ground, only seeing darkness.