Status: Complete.

The Youngest Avenger: Origins.

Confessions at the end.

"You've all received the official statement of what occurred at Stark Industries last night. There have been unconfirmed reports that a robotic prototype malfunctioned and caused damage to the arc reactor. Fortunately, a member of Tony Stark's personal security staff..."

Rhodey said over the tv, as I entered the room on crutches. Turns out I made out of the Obadiah mess with a concussion, two broken ribs, broken ankle and over extended knee. Not to mention all the burns, cuts and bruises. We're saying it was a 'surf accident'

"Hey guys" I grumble. My dad stands up helping me sit down on the couch.

"Hey, kid. Feeling okay?" He said beaming down at me.

When I woke up in the hospital my father was right there. Along with Rhodey, happy and pepper. I told them truth about Obadiah bullying me, forcing me to keep my powers a secret. All four (especially my dad) declared that my mutant abilities were nothing to be ashamed of, in fact my dad said the words "I'm proud of you." At least 12 times.

I ended up throwing him a bone and asked if I could invite Claire over to meet him...he looked as if he was about to cry.

"I'm okay." I said, smiling, leaning the crutches on the side of the couch.

"I beat, the whole injured thing is helping you with the ladies." Dad said, smugly sitting down for pepper to hide his own cuts and bruises with make up. He picked up the paper, The Chronicle newspaper, with the headline 'Who Is Iron Man'.

"There's only lady I care about at the moment." I laugh, "and Claire is insistent on carrying my books for me."

"Bet harry thinks it's funny." Dad said, smirking.

"He thinks it's hilarious."

"I can't wait to meet Claire tonight." Pepper said, smiling.

"Finally..." My dad grumbled. He's been desperate to know anything about her, finally meeting her is probably the only thing that would help his insestiant pestering. I knew that he would love her.

"Iron Man'... That's kind of catchy. It's got a nice ring to it. I mean, it's not technically accurate. The suit's a gold-titanium alloy, but it's kind of evocative, the imagery, anyway." Dad said referring to the article.

"Here's your alibi." A man, whom looked about 40, he wore a black suit and I recognized as one of the agents who helped fight against Obadiah.

"Okay." My dad says taking the notes and reading them

"You were on your yacht."

"Yeah."

"We have port papers that put you in Avalon all night, and sworn statements from 50 of your guests."

"See, I was thinking maybe we should say it was just Pepper and me alone on the island." My dad and pepper have clearly been in love for awhile now, can't believe it took a near death experience and Obadiah going insane to finally get here.

"That's what happened. Jack was at his friends house, they went surfing while you were gone and that's how he hurt himself." The agent said, looking at me, with a hint of a smile he said "good job, that night, kid."

"All right."

"Just read it, word for word." He clarified.

"There's nothing about Stane?" I ask.

"That's being handled. He's on vacation. Small aircraft have such a poor safety record." I nod. He doesn't deserve more than that.

"But what about the whole cover story that it's a bodyguard? He's my body... I mean, is that... That's kind of flimsy, don't you think?" My dad asked.

"This isn't my first rodeo, Mr Stark. Just stick to the official statement, and soon, this will all be behind you. You've got 90 seconds." The agent says, about to leave when pepper called to him.

"Agent Coulson? I just wanted to say thank you very much for all of your help." She said, smiling.

"That's what we do. You'll be hearing from us." Agent Coulson said, fondly.

"From the Strategic Homeland..."

"Just call us S.H.l.E.L.D." He said, simplifying the name.

"Right." She turned to my dad. "Let's get this show on the road."

"You know, it's actually not that bad. Even I don't think I'm Iron Man." Said as he helped me up, giving me a wink, he loved bugging pepper. Something's don't get old.

"You're not Iron Man." She said handing me my crutches. We walked out, well they walked out, I limped behind.

"Am so."

"You're not."

"All right, suit yourself. You know, if I were Iron Man, I'd have this girlfriend who knew my true identity. She'd be a wreck, 'cause she'd always be worrying that I was going to die, yet so proud of the man I'd become. She'd be wildly conflicted, which would only make her more crazy about me. Tell me you never think about that night."

"What night?" She inquired.

"Yeah, what night?" I asked.

"You know..." He said, wiggling her eyebrows at her.

"Gross." I grumbled, my imagination getting the best of me. My dad laughed at my expression. As much as he loved picking on pepper, he loved making me feel uncomfortable or embarrassed.

"Are you talking about the night that we danced and went up on the roof, and then you went downstairs to get me a drink, and you left me there, by myself? Is that the night you're talking about?" Pepper asked. That must have been at the charity event.

My dad nodded in response.

"Thought so. Will that be all, Mr Stark?"

"Yes, that will be all, Miss Potts."

"Please stop flirting and go on stage." I groan, my dad smiles and pepper blushes.

* * *

"And now, Mr Stark has prepared a statement. He will not be taking any questions." Rhodey said at the stage.

"Thank you. Been a while since I was in front of you. I figure I'll stick to the cards this time. There's been speculation that I was involved in the events that occurred on the freeway and the rooftop..." My dad said reading the cards.

"I'm sorry, Mr Stark, but do you honestly expect us to believe that that was a bodyguard in a suit that conveniently appeared, despite the fact that you..." Asked a reporter. I recognized her, she was the women at the charity event asking about gulmira. And I vaguely remember her leaving the house early one morning...

"I know that it's confusing. It's is one thing to question the official story, and another thing entirely to make wild accusations, or insinuate that I'm a superhero." Said feeling flustered.

"I never said you were a superhero." She answered smugly.

"You didn't? Well, good, because that would be outlandish and fantastic. I'm just not the hero type. Clearly. With this laundry list of character defects, all the mistakes I've made, largely public." My father rambles. I try to stifle my laughter, pepper gives me a pointed look.

Rhodey steps forward, whispering something in my fathers ear.

"Yeah, okay. Yeah... The truth is... ... I am Iron Man." He says. I could practically feel pepper roll her eyes. A grin spreads on my face and the assembled press go wild, taking pictures and shouting questions at Dad...I'd never tell him, but my hero.

SECTION ONE, OF PHASE ONE: COMPLETE.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please!