Status: Complete.

The Youngest Avenger: Origins.

House party.

I stepped outside, slipping my sunglasses on. I was glad I took a hoodie with me, it was a brisk day. I hopped on my cruiser that was balanced on the side of the house. I could have called happy to give me a ride but I wanted to get out other there sooner than later and besides I didn't mind the peace and quiet.

With One hand on my bikes handle, I used the other to text harry saying I was on my way. He responded almost immediately saying that I had perfect timing, he was just about to text me saying his parents are gone and he was having a party. I smiled, Harry's parties are always are nuts.

It was only a thirty minute bike ride before I reached Harry's house and it was already ragging at 6 o'clock.

I perched my bike on the side if his garage door and walked threw the front door without knocking. I never had to do that at Harry's house.

"Jack!" I heard a fair amount of people call out.

I unzipped my hoodie, it already feeling stuffy in here with the amount of people, placing it in the closest with my sunglasses in the pocket.

"Hey, jack!" Claire posey said smiling at me, a red cup in her hand. I pulled her into a hug, she fit well, her head resting on my chest. I had a genuine smile.

"Hey, blondie" I said affectionately. "You look nice." And she did in her baby blue dress, she didn't have to try.

Claire was the new girl at Malibu prepitory. But, I liked her a lot. She was very pretty with long blonde hair and big blue eyes and a petite figure. She was quirky, smart and made me laugh. To say I had the hots for her was putting it mildly.

I was glad I wore a clean pair of pants and a white shirt that fit rather snugly, along with my lucky blue vans. I hope she thought I looked good.

"You smell great." She giggled, her cheeks red, as she pulled back to look up at me.

"Thank you." My smile growing into probably the dumbest grin.

"Let's go get you a drink." She said, taking my hand and pulling me into the kitchen.

"Trying to get me drunk?" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows at her. She giggled, handing me a beer. "Maybe." She winked. Now it was my turn to go red.

I made my rounds saying hello to everybody, with Claire's hand in mind, that's what us, Starks do after all, we're social creatures. After a few beers Claire and, I finally found my best friend. Harry was sitting at the edge of the pool, his legs dangling into the water.

"Hey, buddy! How long have you been here?" He said. Slapping my back, affectionally.

"About an hour. Thanks for telling me in advance." I said as I handed him a beer before I slipped out of my shoes and rolled up my pants and sat next to him, Claire slipped off her sandals and curled up next to me, I wrapped an arm around her and harry gave me a knowing look.

"Yeah, well, I knew you were going to show up. If your ever looking for him, Claire. Try his house, the beach or my house. In that order." He said, giving her a wink.

"Sounds about right." I said smiling.

"Dually noted." She giggled. I loved that giggle, I squeezed her arm, softly.

"How's your dad?" Harry asked, curiously. Me and harry grew up together, always close friends, he even knew my mother. My parents became his and his parents became mine.

We understood each other because we were both heirs to two big companies. Stark industries and oz corp.

"He's good." I answer, taking a sip from my beer, "getting back to normal." I looked down at the pool.

"Good, I'm glad to hear it man." He took another swig of his beer. "You know, Beth sanders is looking really hot tonight." He said nudging his head towards a girl in the middle of a group. Beth was the cheerleader captain and a very "hot" brunette, not one guy at Malibu prep didn't have a thing for her at least for a short period of time.

"Why don't you go talk to her then?" I asked, innocently.

"Because that's Beth sanders." He said as if it was obvious and to be fair, he did have a point. "Besides she's into the football, preppy guys. Not the surfer lay about dudes."

"Harry," Claire said leaning over me and placing a hand on his knee. "She's at your party. Plus you two are the most popular guys at school not to mention I heard a rumor from Andrea Lewis that she thinks your sexy." She said smiling.

"Really?" He asks excitedly.

"Why would I lie to you?" She answers flatly.

"The lady's got a point." I said smiling.

"Good luck ever arguing with her, man." He said with a cheeky grin. "You know what? Fuck it, it's my party and I'm drunk enough, I'm going to go talk to her." He said, Standing up.

"That's the spirt, man!" I cheered.

"The ladies love you." Claire giggled.

We watched as harry confidently walked over to Beth and her friend group. Beth was the cool collected type but she did seem genuinely interested in harry.

"He has it bad for her, ever sense middle school." I said looking down at Claire.

"Yeah, sounds like every boy at school." She grumbled, turning towards me and tucking her leg underneath the other. I let go of her shoulders and took her hand in mine, as I turned to face her better.

"Not me." I said, smiling.

"Oh, really?" She asked, eyebrow raised as she took a sip of her bottle of beer.

"Yes," I say matter-o-factly. "I happen to like blondes who wear blue dresses and their first name starts with a c."

She laughed, her eyes crinkling and a grin spread across her face. "That's very specific, mr. Stark." She said still laughing.

"Well, it's true." I answered looking her in the eyes. She blushed and looked down at our hands and began to giggle again.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Your hands are rather large compared to mine." She said softly. I lift our hands to eye level. Spreading mine wide , she followed suit, palm to Palm.

"You have baby hands." I laugh. I wrap my hand around hers again, she copy's me. I give her hand a squeeze. "I like how they fit."

"Me to." She sighs, contently.

"So, stark industries is having a charity ball coming up. Would you like to go with me?" I ask, with the confidence that alcohol can muster.

"Your asking little ol' me?" She said, cheeks once again going crimson.

"Why yes, miss posey. I believe I am."

She giggles again, music to my ears.

"I'd love to go with you. On one condition."

"And what's that?" I asked confused.

"I need you to kiss me right now."

I happily comply.
♠ ♠ ♠
The outfits: http://www.polyvore.com/party_with_claire/set?id=133984317