Status: Complete.

The Youngest Avenger: Origins.

The morning after.

I wake up the next morning, surprisingly early, in my own bed, my head feeling fuzzy, and a painful headache beginning to form, my mouth dry...my eyebrows tug downwards as I try to figure out how i got here when I remember that I walked Claire home and we snuck in, instead of staying at Harry's.

We didn't do much fooling around. Only making out, cuddling and talking, just talking. I vaguely remember watching random cartoons with her as well, I like spending time with her. I don't feel worried or upset. I feel okay...good even.

I woke up early enough, that her parents were still asleep and she snuck me out.

I rolled over, leaning on my elbow, I dug threw my drawer and found a bottle of Tylenol, I popped one in my mouth and found my phone lying down on the ground.

I answered various texts and checked random media sites before I gave Claire a call.

She answered on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey, blondie, it's jack."

"Hey!" She whispered.

"Are you as hungover as I am?" I ask.

"Probably worse. You can hold your liquor mr. Stark." She giggled.

"It's a family trait." I say. "Speaking of which, I don't know if you remember, I asked you to come with me to the stark charity event."

"Yeah, I remember." She sounded confused.

"Well, I was serious about that. I really want you to come with me." I mumble feeling embarrassed.

"Oh thank god! I thought you were going to say you didn't mean it!" I laugh at her nervousness.

"No, I'm serious. I really like you Claire."

"I like you a lot too, jack." She giggled. I huge grin sprawled across my face. I fell back onto my pillows. Feeling overwhelmingly happy. "And of course I'd love to go to a ball with you."

"Good." I simply replied.

"Good" she agreed.

* * *
I took a quick shower and changed, heading down stairs.

"Hey kid!" Dad shouted or least it felt like that to my aching head. "Rhodey came over for breakfast."

"Morning, dad. Hey, Rhodey." I called, pouring myself a cup of coffee and fixing my self a plate of food. I walked over to the table, sitting across from dad and next to Rhodey.
I began to dig in.

"How was Harry's party?" My dad asked coyly, a smug grin on his face.

"What?" I asked, hoping I sounded genuinely confused.

"Come on, jack. You could hear the music from here last night." Rhodey laughed.

"Busted." Dads smirk grew.

"How much trouble am I in?" I ask, taking a sip of coffee.

"My car needs to be washed." Dad hummed taking a bite out of his waffles.

"Which one?" I asked, stabbing a grape with my fork.

"All of them." He said deadpanned.

"Dad, you have twenty-six cars." I said , feeling exasperated.

"And waxed. If you start after breakfast you might finish before dinner."

"I think you should play your music at max volume as well, tony." Rhodey said, comically.

"Good idea! How bad does your head hurt?" Dad asked.

"It feels like it's going to explode. Remember that time you were gone for three months? That was fun." I said, grumbling into my plate. The pair laughed at my misery.

"Was last night worth it?" Rhodey asked, cutting into his food.

A cheeky grin grew on my face. "Yeah, it was." I spoke between bites. Leaning my head on my hand.

"What's her name?" Dad asked insist on knowing.

"What makes you think it's a girl?"

"Are you suddenly into boys? If so we love you anyways." I choked on my coffee.

"I'm not gay, dad." I said, firmly. I'm fine with gay people, I'm just not one of them.

"Then who is she?" Rhodey asked. Still laughing at my expression.

"Ugh, her name is Claire." I said letting my arm go lax, and fall onto the table . Taking another sip of the delicious liquid.

"Where did you met her?"

"School, she's in my advanced physics class."

"So she's smart. Is she pretty? What does she look like?" My dad peppered me with questions.

"I think she is. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She's kinda a midget." They both laughed at that.

'Everybody is a midget to you, mr. 6'2"" dad sassed.

"Does she like you back?" Rhodey asked.

"She made that pretty clear last night." I said in-between another bite.

"Ew! I do not want to know that about my son!" Dad said, hands up.

"Ugh! No! God, I meant she told me she liked me and we hung out all night! Like I would tell you anything like that! Gross!" I say, feeling my eyebrows tug downwards and a frown form in my face.

"You can be open with us. We just want to make sure your sex life is safe and healthy-"

"I'm going to go clean your cars, bye." I said picking up my plate and cup and leaving the room Immediately. I heard Rhodey and dad roar with laughter.