‹ Prequel: Reincarnate
Status: Complete

Infamous

Chapter 1. Demon Of Fear

***Riley POV***

I could hear them behind me as I ran through the thick dark forest. I could hear them getting closer. No matter how fast I ran...I could still hear them behind me, snickering and laughing evilly. I couldn't let them get to me. I just couldn't. I had to get to Tobias before they killed me. I knew I was going to die but I didn't care, as long as I got to Tobias in time, and told him what I knew, then I wouldn't care dying for him.

My breath hitched in my throat as I could hear the demon taunting me. He was not far away. He was so close to me I could feel him.

"RILEY!!" The demon sang loudly in his angelic voice. I whimpered as I ran as fast as my legs would allow me but vampires could only run so fast. Suddenly, I felt the ground leave my feet and I went sprawling to the ground. I grunted as I crashed into the muddy forest floor. But I was not fazed for long. I quickly got up and spun around in panicked circles, trying to see them. I heard the demon giggle evilly. He was the most feared one of all. I knew what he was capable of. I knew he could easily kill me. They all could...but he was the most terrifying.

I whipped my head back and forth as I could hear them running around me, taunting me and attempting to scare me, which was working because I was scared shitless....Tobias will be so disappointed in me for being weak and worthless.

"Kade....Don't toy with him too much love" Another soft voice chimed in. I heard Kade whimper as if he was pouting. My eyes scanned the forest until they landed on the small vampire who was sneaking out from the shadows. He was small compared to me. And he looked like an angel. His black hair commented his white bluish eyes. His pale skin was like a fresh layer of snow. He has changed a little...he had piercings now. Gauges, two lip rings and a septum ring. I had seen him before but seeing him face to face was unnerving because he was in fact the Demon Of Fear. He prays on your fears...he can sense them and use them against you, even kill you by your fears if he wanted to. He was feared by many but also respected by many. And to make matters worse, he was the fiance of Motionless, another very much feared and respected vampire. Motionless was Infamous in the vampire world.

And they were both here now. In front of me....they knew what I was up to. They had found me out so easily. And now it was my time to die.

The demon took a step closer to me, a sweet smile on his face.

"Kade....you know what to do" Motionless spoke from the shadows before appearing. Motionless was dressed in all black, his soft black hair was covering a part of his pale face. But I could see those Infamous drawn on eyebrows....

"Tell me Riley...." Kade brushed his fingers against my cheek and my eyes widened in fear as my breath caught in my throat. I couldn't find the words to speak therefore I was paralyzed with fear. I stared into his angelic eyes and I could see he had the answer already. My greatest fear was drowning....

"Water will be the death of you" He whispered before backing up. I stared at him before feeling something traveling up my throat. I clutched my neck as air was cut off almost immediately. I dropped to my knees as I began to cough violently. I gasped for air, trying desperately to fill my lungs but I couldn't. I just couldn't. I hunched over as water began to spill from my mouth. I looked around and noticed the scenery started to change. Everything started to slowly shimmer away. And it was replaced with....water. I kicked and flailed my arms as I tried to get to the surface. The forest was no longer here. But I was in some sort of water source that was far too deep for my liking. I looked up and I could see the sun shining on the surface of the water but it was just to far away. The water started to feel colder as I felt as if I was being pulled down deeper and deeper every second. My lungs were screaming for oxygen and it was painful to bare. My arms started to ache from the constant clawing at the water attempting miserably to swim up but I only sunk further down. My eyes started to droop as I felt as if I could no longer move. My body felt so numb and heavy...Everything began to grow blurry as I sunk further down. I couldn't feel anything anymore. Although my lungs still scrambled for oxygen it wouldn't get. This was it. I could see the darkness clouding my eyes as I was another second closer to death. I had failed Tobias...

I'm sorry Tobias....My final thought before the darkness consumed me all together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ello :3 So this is just a short chapter, pretty much an introduction to Kade's power. Sorry if it sucked.

Anyway, updates will be slow due to school and shit. But I'll try to update at lease every weekend. Thanks :3