‹ Prequel: Reincarnate
Status: Complete

Infamous

Chapter 10. City Lights

I've had my fair share of crazy stories, hurtful stories, sad stories es, happy stories. All types of stories. But the story of Chris and TJ really hit home for me. Maybe because somewhere in my vampire heart, I still have my human tendencies. Or maybe because it's Chris who was heartbroken. Even if I didn't know him then, even if I wasn't born yet, I still can't fathom the pain and misery of what he went through. Take for instance if it was me and Chris, as much as I am in love with him now, I don't think I couldn't even handle the fact that he didn't love me or that he was with someone else, then called himself coming home to me. Of course, I know that Chris would never do that to me....Its still....Wow.

TJ however, I have no sympathy for. I don't care about his feelings towards Chris and I being engaged. I don't care that it hurts him every time he sees us together. He can go fuck himself because he lost his chance with Chris when he decided to lay down with Danny. It's his fault that he's in this situation. And you know what??? I'm glad everything happened or I wouldn't have Chris. Call me selfish....But I'm glad that Chris is mine. TJ can go to hell for all I care.

You know what they say. You lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas.
********

Over the next few days, I've been looking out for TJ. He wasn't going to get away with ruining my wedding. The one day, that I was supposed to be happy and full of bliss. The one day that was so supposed to be absolutely perfect...Was destroyed. Reduced to ash. At first, I was very upset, even after Chris told me everything, I was still very upset with just everything. I spent countless hours crying because I was just so hurt that my wedding was catastrophic. Chris just held me for the hours I spent ruining his shirt and just going on and on about how much I hate TJ. But now...Now I'm out for blood. Killing him is the only thing I can think about. The only thing I can focus on. I've been having Dahvie track his movements but he keeps moving around. He's smarter than what I give him credit for. He knows that I'm looking for him and that I won't stop until I find him. I don't care if it takes forever. I'm not Chris, I don't love him or like him or even pity him. I will kill him and wouldn't think much of it.

I wasn't even paying much attention to Tobias and the dogs. I've been letting Chris handle that and so far, they have moved locations but we feel like it's another camp ground or somewhere in the woods where it's easier to hide and more secluded. Jayy Von has been on it but it's harder since Tobias moved locations and still has that spell that's fucking with the location spells. I kinda feel bad, because we are overworking Jayy Von and Dahvie. But they don't seem to mind much and plus, they don't like the Genesis clan. Just because they give witches a bad name and portray them as these ruthless idiots. In actuality, witches are much nicer and only want peace, hence the treaty between all three species. But just that one clan, it's just fucking things up and the witches don't want everyone to think they are the central problem. When in reality, they aren't. It's just the close minded individuals that feel they have to strive for the glory and to be on top. We all just want to end this and to live in peace.

"Chris! Where is my phone!?" I shouted as I scrambled to find it. I could have sworn I had it on the nightstand last night but now it's not there. I heard footsteps coming down the hallway then enter my bedroom.

"Will you stop yelling? Jeez and it's in your hand babe" I glanced down at my hand and immediately wanted to hit myself in my face. Chris sounded irritated and impatient. He must be overworking himself again. I turned around and walked over, kissing his cheek.

"Thanks babe. And get some rest. I know you were up all night" I narrowed my eyes at him and he gave me an innocent face with a bat of his eyelashes. Trying to pull the innocent card...

"A few more hours" He poked his bottom lip out and his eyes glossed over. I bit my lip, trying so hard not to cave in but I could feel it coming. His face was just too cute to resist. With a sigh, I rolled my eyes but nodded. He smiled at me and leaned in to kiss my forehead. I swear if I didn't love him, he wouldn't get away with half of the shit he does.

"How's Angelo?" I asked him and he just shrugged. I raised an eyebrow in question. He sighed before going into detail.

"I don't know. He hasn't came out his room since yesterday. I wonder if vampires can get sick" The last part sounded more like he was speaking to himself, rather than to me. I pecked his lips before walking out of our room and down the long hallway, stopping in front of Angelo's door. I raised my fist and knocked quietly. A few seconds passed and I heard nothing. So I knocked again.

"Ange?" I asked and waited again. I heard slight movement but it was hardly there. Carefully I turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. Angelo was sitting on his bed, sitting up straight and staring at the wall. I sighed and walked into the room completely and closed the door behind me. He was in one of his "states" again. I was starting to getting worried because he was having these a lot and I didn't know what was causing it. Plus he kinda freaked me out because he was just so....dead, no pun intended.

I knelt down in front of him and put my hand on his shoulder. But what happened next was completely surprise.

Angelo lurched forward and put his hand around my throat, immediately cutting off the air I was breathing.

"A-ange!" I managed to choke out. I clawed at his arm as he stood up slowly and I felt my feet leaving the ground. My heart started to race as his hand tightened around my neck and I could feel slightly pain as he did. I dug my nails into his arm but it didn't faze him one bit. I looked into his eyes and I saw pure blackness. His pupils were completely dilated...and it just didn't look like Angelo....This was someone completely different. I felt my eyes slightly drooping closed because I wasn't getting any air into my lungs at all.

"Ange" I whispered but he continued to hold me up. I was terrified that if his grip got any tighter, he was really going to end up hurting me. I could see the veins starting to grow from his eyes but they didn't pulse. It was as if no blood was in there at all and that kinda struck me....the veins always pulse because of the blood we consume.

Angelo bared his fangs at me, terrifying me even more.

"Hey Ange- What the fuck!!???" I slowly looked over and saw Chris standing in the doorway, his hands up in front of him from the shock.

"Help....Me" I choked out but I didn't think he could hear me.

"Angelo let him go!" Chris snapped before jerking his hand. The grip on my neck disappeared and my body dropped to the floor. I was on my knees, leaning forward and gasping for air that was finally available. I touched my throat and coughed a little bit as I took in just a little too much air. Immediately I felt arms around my shoulders and I looked up to see Chris looking at me, concern, shock and confusion all over his face. I looked over to see Angelo laying on a pile of debris that I'm assuming he ended up crashing into due to Chris using his gift.

"That's not Angelo..." I said in between coughs. Angelo sat up slowly and was glaring at us. His eyes just...black and souless. What the fuck is going on with him. First he's acting like a zombie, now he's the fucking hulk!!!

"Angelo stay back" Chris warned as he held me to his chest. Angelo growled in response and kept taking slow steps towards us. I gripped Chris's shirt, shaking with fear. This just wasn't Angelo...something deeper must have been going on because this is not fucking Angelo!!!

"Angelo I don't wanna hurt you!!!" Chris stood up straight and pushed me behind him protectively.

"Chris!" I exclaimed as Angelo lunged forward and grabbed Chris by his neck. I was quick to react. I quickly pummeled Angelo into the pile of rubble before reaching up and snapping his neck. Quickly, his head dropped back and he went still. I let my head fall against Angelo's chest. I was relieved yet confused and scared. What the hell has gotten into him??? What the fuck was going on???

"Kade" I heard Chris say before I felt a pair if arms wrap around my waist. Chris lifted me up from Angelo and I quickly turned into his chest.

"What the hell is going on???" My head whipped around and I saw Ghost and Balz standing in the doorway with shocked expressions.

"Angelo attacked us" Chris answered breathlessly. I heard Balz gasp in disbelief.

"What?!?!" Ghost exclaimed. I looked up at Chris with a worried expression and nodded with a sigh, understanding my worry.

"Balz get Jayy on the phone...Ghost come help me" Chris murmured before letting me go. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair as I watched Chris and Ghost lift Angelo onto his bed. This couldn't get any worse. Before I could say anything, I heard a knock at the door. Raising an eyebrow, I made my way out the room and down the stairs, walking down the hallway and reaching the door. I opened the door and saw a frantic upset Alan, followed by Aaron who was carrying an unconscious Austin in his arms.

"What the hell???" I questioned as I moved out the way to let them in. Aaron carried Austin to the couch and laid him down. Alan was shaking and he just looked an absolute mess.

"I-I don't know!! He was acting weird so I tried to get his attention and then he just attacked me!!!!" Alan immediately started to cry and I pulled him against my chest. I held him tightly as he cried in my shirt. I looked at Aaron and silently told him to get Chris. He nodded before racing upstairs. I couldn't help but feel a rush of fear because Alan just described how Angelo acted but instead it was Austin. Something was definitely wrong and honestly, I was terrified because I had no clue of what.

I heard footsteps running down the steps and down the hall, entering the living room. Alan and I both turned to see Chris rushing over to Austin. He put his hand on Austin's forehead, inspecting him.

"Jayy and Dahvie are on their way....Aus is burning up. Let's get him upstairs with Angelo" Chris spoke quickly before lifting Austin into his arms. I held Alan close to me as we followed Chris upstairs. He led us to a room where two beds were, Angelo occupying one and I noticed there were restraints around his arms and legs. Chris laid Austin on the bed and then he sighed, dragging his hand down his face. Alan immediately went to Austin's side and took his hand. I took the time to look at Angelo and Austin....they were both extremely pale and not the normal pale either. And there were heavy black bags underneath their eyes. It was as if they hadn't eaten in days and all the blood was basically drained from them. They looked awful and it my made heart crack just looking at them. I sighed and walked over to the couch, sitting down and closing my eyes. I just couldn't wait until Jayy and Dahvie get here so they can help us.

I heard footsteps enter the room and I opened my eyes, looking over and seeing that Chris was holding two blood bags. Just as he entered, I heard Austin coughing, I looked over to see that he was awake. He looked a little alarmed, otherwise he looked normal. Chris handed the bag to Alan who tore a piece off, creating a small hole.

"Here Aus" Alan mumbled before helping Austin sit up. Aus nodded before taking the bag and drinking it. A few seconds later though, Austin lurched forward, violently throwing the blood bag up. I stood up immediately and looked at Chris, who was looking at me. He had a worried and scared expression on his face.

"Get some towels!!" Alan yelled and Chris nodded sharply before running out the room. I rushed over to Austin's side and put my hand on his arm and noticed that he was extremely hot to the touch. This alarmed me even more. Austin collapsed back in the pillows and groaned. Chris came back with some towels and began to clean the blood off of Austin. Then there was a knock at the door. I immediately ghosted down the stairs and reached the door in seconds. I opened it and saw Jayy and Dahvie. I moved out the way and let them in.

"What's going on?" Jayy asked as I led them towards the stairs.

"No clue. Angelo has been having these episodes where he would just go into a zombie like state. And today he was having another one but he tried to choke me to death." I explained as we reached the top of the steps.

"And Austin?" Dahvie asked.

"According to Alan, he's been acting the same way. And he tried to attack Alan. Also we tried to give him blood but he threw it up immediately" We stopped in front of the door and I turned, looking at Jayy and Dahvie. They were looking at each other, as if they were communicating. Then it dawned on me.

"You two know what it is? Don't you" Jayy nodded before walking past me and over to Austin, who looked even worse than he did a few minutes ago. Immediately Jayy grabbed his arm and inspected it.

"Dahvie look at this" He mumbled. Alan looked at them, alarmed. I noticed Chris was no longer in the room. He was probably making calls.

"Yep. They got them" Davis's voice was full of sadness. They both stood up and looked at us. The looks on the I faces indicated that this was bad. Very bad.

"Lets go talk in the other room" Jayy spoke and led us all out of the bedroom and towards Chris' s study. Chris was sitting with his head in his hands. When we entered, his head raised up and I could see the redness in his eyes. I closed the door behind us. Immediately I went to Chris's side and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Austin and Angelo have been infected with the V-virus. A poison that was created by witches years ago as a sort of bio weapon in case war was to break out" Jayy started and I was taken aback.

"Bio weapon?" Alan repeated, his voice cracking a little. Dahvie nodded before adding in.

"Its a poison that messes with the nervous center. Which is why they have been going into those weird states to where it seems like they are almost dead. And why they ended up attacking you its because the poison is causing it. Its like they temporarily forget who they are or who you are. Or even to speak or move. They can't comprehend it" Dahvie finished and I sighed, running a hand through my hair. So that's why Angelo has been acting like a zombie. Alan was shaking his head, as if he couldn't believe any of it.

"But that's not it. The poison has a second stage. When its finished in the nervous center, it will start the main goal. The starvation stage. Its where the body will reject the consumption of blood. Its basically a chronic situation. There's no cure for it" My heart immediately dropped as I heard the last part. This can't be happening...this just can't be happening!! I immediately started to shake.

"So what are you saying? " Chris spoke as if he didn't want to hear the answer. I didn't even wanna hear it.

"The poison will continue to starve them quickly until their hearts began to shut down...it'll kill them"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment