‹ Prequel: Reincarnate
Status: Complete

Infamous

Chapter 5. Synthetic Love

The next day was my lazy Sunday, where I sat around the house and did absolutely nothing. Chris thought it was pointless. Well Chris wasn't an 18 year old high school student, who has to repeat the freaking 12 grade now was he. He needs to let loose anyway, he's always working and never has time for me and my "needs". But me being the understanding person I am, I don't hold it against him.

I was laying on Chris and I's bed, reading one of Chris's thick books, just relaxing and passing the time. Everyone was out tracking Tobias and the werewolves. I wasn't gonna waste my lazy day on that so I stayed behind.

I turned the page, reading quietly out loud as I shifted a little so that my back was more into the pillows. As I was reading, I heard movement downstairs and my head snapped up. It was as if someone was walking around in what sounded like the kitchen. I closed my book quietly and pushed it off my lap, throwing my legs over the edge of the bed and getting up slowly. Chris and the guys left only an hour ago and plus I would have heard a lot more footsteps. I stood still and heard movement again. I walked over to the door and walked out into the hallway, looking down the hallway and hearing things being moved around, glass or something.

"What the hell" I whispered as I ghosted down the steps and into the kitchen, in just a matter of a second. There was a guy standing there, just a little taller than me. He had short black hair that was cropped and spiked up. He was dressed in a blue denim vest with a black shirt underneath, with black jeans and boots. He was facing away from me so I couldn't see his face.

"Who are you?" I spoke firmly with authority. He turned around and looked at me, a shocked expression across his face. He had a lip ring and a nose ring and his eyes were lined with black eyeliner. He raised his hands in a defensive manner as I glared daggers through him.

"I'm pretty sure Chris lives here....?" His deep voice trailed off into what seemed more like a question than a statement. But he knew Chris.

"Yes and so do I" I narrowed my eyes at him and I saw just a hint of fear in his eyes and it was hard not to start picking his brain apart and fuck with him.

"Oh are you a new clan member???" He dropped his hands and tilted his head in a curious manner.

"Yes and Chris's fiancé" Right when the words left my mouth his face contorted into an expression of what seemed like..hurt?

"Fiancé? " His spoke barely above a whisper. I nodded to him.

"Yes..we've been engaged for 9 months now...I'm going to ask again and I want a straight answer before I unleash your fears" I lowered my voice and took a step towards him and he immediately took a step back.

"Who are you?" My voice came out in a growl.

"I - I'm TJ...Chris and I go back a long time" So this is the TJ that Chris didn't wanna see huh. Well if he is no friend of Chris then he surely is no friend of mine.

"Well TJ...I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. Chris has made it clear that he wants nothing to do with you and I'm smart enough not to go against his word" I jerked my head towards the door as I crossed my arms. But he didn't make a move to leave. I narrowed my eyes and glared.

"I just need to speak to Chris" He said nervously.

"Well it's gonna have to be on Chris's time. Your disrupting my peace and I'm not too appreciative of that" Right when I spoke, the front door opened and we both looked towards the hall that led towards the door.

"Hey love we decided to take a bre-" Chris stopped immediately as he entered the kitchen, his eyes landing on TJ. His jaw dropped open and I could hear his breath hitch in his throat. The room was an eerie silence as I looked back and forth between Chris and TJ.

"Hey Chris.." TJ smiled weakly. Chris snapped out of his trance and his face turned into a death like glare.

"Get out TJ" Chris walked over and put his arm around my waist. He always did this when he needed to calm down. He says being near me always helped keep him at peace. I pressed my hands up against his chest and looked over at TJ who had a look of sadness on his face.

"Look Chris I know your hurt-"

"No I was hurt 50 years ago. And 50 years is a long time TJ. I vaguely remember telling you to stay away from me and that I never wanted to see you again" Chris's voiced lowered an octave to wear it was chilling and downright scary. And it got me wondering. What did TJ do that was so bad?? Usually Chris is a pretty nice person but he seemed really set on making that guy leave and leave now.

"Chris I'm sorry!! I made a mistake and I regret it everyday!! I still love you!!" My eyes widened as I heard the very last part. So Chris and this guy used to be together??? Chris never mentioned anything about this man or even having another relationship. I looked up at Chris and he cupped my cheek, stroking me with his thumb before glancing at TJ.

"Well I don't love you...leave TJ...now before I have Kade get rid of you" I smiled sweetly at TJ as Chris spoke. TJ sighed and made his way over to the hall that led to the front door. He glanced at me then at Chris, with desperation in his eyes but Chris only pulled me closer to him. And then he was gone. But I had a feeling that we would see him again.
**************
I didn't press Chris about the TJ topic since it was obviously a sensitive subject. Instead we just decided to relax and be lazy, like I intended it to be.

We were both laying upstairs in our room, him napping and me watching TV. I was laying on my side, propped up on my arm and watching some silly TV show. But I eventually got bored and wandered off downstairs to the living room where Ghost and Angelo sat.

"Hey baby vampire" Angelo smiled and I rolled my eyes. I walked over and plopped down next to Ange, putting my feet on his lap. He went to protest but I silenced him with a glare.
"That TJ guy broke into the house today" I spoke ever so casually as Ghost and Angelo looked at me with wide eyes.

"Did Chris kill him?" Angelo asked me and I shook my head.

"I'd like to know why he would want to though" I hinted as I clasped my hands together and looked at both of them. Ghost and Ange glanced at each other uneasily before looking back at me.

"I think that's up to Chris to tell you that. It's not our place" Ghost said quietly, as if Chris was listening in on this conversation. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, the curiosity killing me slowly. I do know they used to date, that was out of the question. But what did TJ do??? Maybe he cheated on him or left him or something! I'm just hoping that Chris tells me before I go insane from not knowing, another annoying tendency of mine. I have to know things and if I don't, I get really irritated. I sighed as I got up and went back upstairs to find Chris still asleep, quietly I walked over and laid down next to him, putting my arm around his shoulder before kissing his cheek. He stirred just a little before opening his eyes, which were full of sleep. I smiled a little and he smiled tiredly back at me, his eyes closing just a little. This was one of our moments where words were not needed. We could just look at each other and feel the love between us. I leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before moving into his arms, which immediately wrapped around me. I nuzzled into his neck and I could feel his breath going uneven, indicating that he fell back asleep. With a yawn, I closed my eyes and let myself sleep as well.

***TJ POV***

I couldn't stop the pain in my chest, it was throbbing at me, taunting me as I ran as far as possible away from Chris's house. I didn't wanna relive that last 1 hour. I didn't even wanna know it happened. I spent 50 years yearning to have him back into my arms, for us to be together again. But after what I did, I didn't think he could ever forgive me. And I never planned on coming back but I couldn't help it. I needed him. I wanted Chris. But that kid...that kid has him now....Chris's Fiance...I mentally cringed at the word and I could feel the tears spilling over my eyes and streaming down my cheeks. Chris had moved on from me and found someone else. He had moved on from me...I thought our love would be forever..That's what it seemed like back then. Our love was pure and real. He basically worshiped the ground I walked on. Chris did everything for me and was everything to me...But I fucked up...I fucked up so badly and now he looked at he with disgust and hatred that I couldn't even fathom. Now he's with someone else..engaged and what seemed like, he was happy. Of course I wanted Chris to be happy but I wanted him to be happy with me. Not that kid. But I was too late...

I came to a stop and stared at the little cabin in front of me. It looked recently built, the wood was fresh and gloss like. There were 4 windows but they were covered by black curtains. I listened in and I could hear voices inside, talking of nothing really. With a deep breath, I walked up to the oak door and knocked gently. The voices stopped and I heard footsteps walking towards the door. A few seconds later it opened, revealing the small black and white haired boy that had came to me only a few days earlier.

"Are you here to accept??" He smiled sweetly at me. I closed my eyes and mentally damned myself to hell for what I was about to do.

"Are you sure that you will spare Chris's life??" I asked quietly, my voice shaking with nerves. He nodded with a wider smile.

"Of course..that was our deal. You help me and you get what you've wanted for so long" I nodded before stepping into the house and he closed the door behind me. This was the only way to get rid of that kid so that I could have Chris back. That's the only thing I wanted. Chris Cerulli.

"What's the plan?" I ask as I looked at Tobias. He motioned for me to sit down and I did quickly. He walked over and sat from across from me.

"The plan is to take out the Motionless clan first...of course sparing your precious Chris. But when they are out the way, things will get easier. But first...some emotional damage to weaken them" He pulled out a tiny vile that held a clear liquid substance.

"What is that?" I whispered and he smiled.

"Something your going to give as a gift to Mr. Carlile..I wouldn't drink it though if I was a vampire" I reached my hand out for it and I sighed, feeling the guilt eat at me. This is for Chris. He needs to see that he belongs with me. I kept repeating that to myself.

For Chris
♠ ♠ ♠
TJ you naughty boy...

Please comment :3