‹ Prequel: Reincarnate
Status: Complete

Infamous

Chapter 8. To Keep From Getting Burned Part 1

I sat at the Vanity mirror that was in Ghost's room during the duration of his stay. I was practically hyperventilating, my foot was tapping vigorously against the hard wood floor and I constantly played with my freshly done hair. Although I better stop because Ghost just did it and he's gonna get pissed if I mess it up. He fluffed it up so it forms a wavy like stance on stop of head. Took forever because my hair did not wanna play along with his plans but finally after the struggle, he got it the way he wanted it. So my hands found something else to nervously play with. My bow tie. But then I would mess that up too!!! Can I just mess with something that won't mess up. I need to get my nerves out. I looked into the mirror and stared at my reflection.

Today was the day. My wedding day.

I smiled just a little but overall it faltered. Nerves were going through me like wild fire and burning like a motherfucker. I was so scared right now, no joke. Scared of marrying the man of my dreams?? No! I was happy as fuck I was marrying him! I was scared that I was gonna fuck something up or something would go wrong. I was terrified. What if I say something wrong or trip over my feet? So many things could go wrong today.

But then so many things could go right. I could walk down the aisle without falling and bringing Angelo down with me, who was walking me down to hand me over to Chris. Hopefully today he won't go into one of his zombie episodes that he's been having lately. But that's the lease of my worries. I could take Chris's hand and listen to preacher Devin Ghost Sola without an issue. I could say the words "I Do" and slip that wedding band on his finger. I know I could stand on my tippy toes to reach his massive length and kiss his perfect pierced lips, binding us for eternity. I could do all of that, right? Easy as pie.

I'm just lying to myself. I'm freaking the fuck out.

My thoughts were interrupted by a door slowly opening. I looked in the reflection of the mirror by a smiling and handsomely dressed Austin. I nodded to him, signaling he could come in. He opened the door all the way and came up behind me.

"You look stunning Kade" He smiled wider and I blushed, covering my cheeks. We both ended up laughing but my laugh was forced and nervous. And Austin could tell. He sighed softly before pulling a chair up beside me. I turned towards him with a frown.

"Let me guess...Nervous?" He chuckled and I nodded quickly.

"How did you do it?" I asked him desperately. He married Alan, so surely he must have felt a little bit of what I was feeling right now. He took my hand in his, with a soft smile.

"I wasn't nearly as bad as Alan who was a nervous wreck. But I was still scared. Scared that I would mess up or something like that. Trust me, what your feeling right now, is something everyone feels on their wedding day. It's totally natural. But just remember, it's Chris out there. Do you love him?" I gave him a deadpan look as he finished with that stupid ass question. I should slap him....

"Yes I love him!" I exclaimed, deciding against it. He smiled and leaned forward, kissing my forehead.

"Then you'll do fine Kade. Relax and let it flow. " I nodded and took a deep breath. It didn't work but I won't tell Aus that. I looked at him and I saw a tear in his eye.

"No Aus don't cry or I will!!!!" I rushed to wipe it off his face before my brain forced me to do the same. He laughed and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm just so proud of you Kade" He said as he pulled away from me, keeping his hands on my shoulders. Oh no...the feels.

"You've come so far. So far from the sad kid in the 9th grade, that I worried my head over everyday and just prayed that he would be okay. To this amazing vampire that has impacted everyone in some way. Whose getting married to my best friend I've known for almost 400 years. I've seen a change in Chris, a better change in him that I haven't seen in years. You did it buddy. You've made it." We were both crying at this point. Laughing and crying. I pulled Aus into another long heart felt hug as we got ourselves together.

"Thank you Aus. For everything" I murmured before kissing his cheek. His smile was dazzling as he returned the affection. Before we could speak, there was a small knock at the door. We turned our heads and saw Ricky standing there in an all black tux, with is hair perfectly straightened. It was kinda weird seeing him without a beanie hat on. But he looked great in all honesty. There was a small smile forming on his lips.

"Come on Kade, it's almost time" My heart was taking off and I was shaking as I stood up, taking a deep breath. I took one last look in the mirror, smoothing out my tux and straightening my tie before turning around. Time to face the music. I nodded, taking in a deep shaky breath.

"You got this Kade" Austin whispered as he massaged my shoulders. I nodded, taking in another breath as we followed Ricky out of the room and down the hallway. The nerves were hitting me head on because I knew I was just minutes away from walking down that aisle. Chris and I decided to have the wedding in the back yard since it was gigantic and quite beautiful to look that. Plus it was close to home and that was a little nerve easing but not enough to make me feel better. We descended the stairs in what seemed like an eternity but finally after awhile, we reached the bottom of the staircase. I was first greeted by Alastair who was dashing in a white dress shirt, with a black vest overlapping it and then a black suit jacket. His hair was the usual spikey style but a little more tame than usual. On his arm was an adorable boy with brown fluffy hair, two lip studs, a nose ring and gauges. He was just a little shorter than me and he looked a little nervous. I smiled at him and he returned the smile with a small one.

"Kade you look stunning" Alastair smiled at me before we lightly kissed each others cheeks. I giggled softly with a blush and nodded.

"Thanks Alastair. Your in top style but I would expect nothing less from you" He winked at me before looking at the guy who clung to his arm.

"This is Miles" Alastair spoke proudly of him. I smiled and reached my hand out for a shake. He gripped my hand with his small one and we shook briefly.

"Thank you for coming Miles" His smile was beautiful and he blushed just a little with a nod. I heard a squeal and quickly dropped his hand, looking around.

"Oh no" I heard Austin mumble. I looked around until I saw a gorgeous dressed ginger with tears streaming down his pale cheeks. Oh lord. I shook my head with a grin as Alan ran up to me and engulfed me in a hug, which I returned lovingly. After the hug, he pulled away and wiped his tears away.

"My Kade is growing up!" He cried and I giggled at his words before kissing his cheek. Austin came up behind him and pulled him away from me.

"Alright let's go. We need to take our places. It's almost time" My heart began to pound against my chest as I realized this was it. I'm getting married....I'm getting fucking married!!! Me of all people are getting married to the most amazing and gorgeous guy ever.

"Good luck" Alastair whispered as he walked pass me, followed by a few other people. I noticed Andy wink at me before walking out the glass doors that led to the backyard. Time for the game face and imaginary confidence. I can do this. I can. It's easy. Just gotta focus and try not to have a nervous breakdown. I thought of Austin's words. It's Chris out there. And if it hasn't been proven by now, he loves me and will love me no matter what. Even if I trip and fall on my face. He'll still love me. Hey...I feel kinda better now.

"Kade" I looked up and saw Angelo standing a few feet away from in a black suit and his hair hanging heavily on his shoulders. His eyes were lined with black eyeliner and it made his blue grey eyes stand out beautifully.

"Yeah?" I whispered weakly. He smiled before reaching for me.

"Come on. It's time" My eyes went wide as the nerves just hit me like a truck. I reached forward with a shaky arm and looped mine with his. He pressed a kiss to my temple and chuckled.

"Calm down baby vampire. Things will go smoothly and then you'll be married happily to Chris. Then you'll live happily ever after" We both chuckled at his cheesy words. I nodded sharply before looking forward. Angelo seemed normal today which was great. One less thing to worry about on my mental list.

"Ready?" He whispered in my ear. Was I ready to be bonded to the man of my dreams, to have him as mine in a whole new way and to conquer any obstacle that life will throw at us, for all of eternity?? Yeah...I can say that I am ready. I'm ready to become Kade Masters-Cerulli. As ready as I'll ever be. So with a deep breath, I nodded to Angelo. With a smile, he reached over to the small table and picked up my bouquet of black roses and handed them to me carefully. I held them in my hand tightly. This was it.

Angelo led me to the edge back doors and I noticed the fountain had been moved and was replaced with black and white tile, placed in a spiral gave off the hypnotic affect. I looked around and saw all of our friends sitting in black painted wooden chairs that were decorated with black lace, each had a black rose attached to the backs. They saw in perfect rows that lined what would be the aisle Angelo and I would be walking down in just a few moments. My eyes followed around and noticed that there was a black painted picket arch that was decorated with black and red roses, with black and red lace hanging delicately from the arch. There stood Ghost who was dressed in a black and white stylish suit, with his black and white hair combed down and straightened. He was holding a book in his hand. He really went all out with this preacher thing. My eyes gazed over to Chris and immediately all time stopped. Everything just stopped as I took him in. He was dressed in a black suit, with a blood red silk shirt tucked underneath a black vest that had damask patterns stitched in black thread in the vest. The jacket of the suit as a blood red rose sitting delicately in the front pocket. My gaze traveled to his face. His black hair was gelled back smoothly and his eyes were decorated with his normal black eye make up but he had just a pinch of red eyeshadow. Chris was so beautiful...so gorgeous....so perfect. I just wanted to cry tears of joy. I didn't see anyone but him. Nothing else mattered in this moment but Chris. He was mine and I was his.

I looked over at Balz, who sat at a big black grand piano, and nodded to him, signaling I was ready. And the music of the wedding march flowed through the air, sending waves of happiness through me. I had to keep myself from crying because I knew I would full on break down. I gripped Angelo's arm and took a deep breath. As we began the slow march, everyone stood up and all eyes went to me. I immediately blushed as I saw the grinning faces of my family and friends. I looked around and wanted to squeal. Jayy Von and Dahvie stood hand in hand in the second row matching black suits. I was so happy they were here!!! I smiled brightly at them and they returned it with a grin and smirk. I blushed deeper before refocusing my attention forward. I saw Alan standing by the arch on what would be my side and I saw Austin standing behind Chris. Then I looked up at Chris and our eyes met. He broke out into a wide, breathtaking smile that had my heart doing backflips in my chest right now. I couldn't stop the single tear that fell down my cheek as we drew closer to Chris and finally we reached him after what seemed like forever. Angelo took my hand and placed it in Chris's outstretched one. Our skin touched and I felt this jolt of electricity. Angelo then retreated and took his seat in the front row next to Ryan. I turned my body so that I was facing Chris and we grabbed each others other hand. I looked into his eyes and smiled. This was actually happening.

"Dearly Beloved...We Are Gathered Here Today" Ghost began the speech but I tuned him out because all I could do was focus on Chris. Watching how he bit his pierced lip and the way they glistened in the sunset light. Thus perfect vampire was just moments away from officially being my husband. My mind just couldn't grasp the fact that I was getting married. I immediately thought of my mom and dad, hoping that they would be proud of me. Proud of their son that became more than he was before. I was hoping they were watching this moment and smiling. Just hoping that they felt something other than hatred towards me.

"Do you, Christopher Thomas Cerulli...take Kade Silas Masters as your lawfully wedded husband" Ghost asked, emotion filling his voice. I could hear the sniffles and low sobs around me. Especially coming from Alan behind me. Chris smiled lovingly at me before speaking.

"I Do" He spoke the words softly and I couldn't help but let the tears fall from my eyes. But before Ghost could speak, we were all cut off by the smell of burning wood. I looked at Chris who had an alarmed look on his face. I turned around and saw that everyone was alarmed now and was standing up looking around.

"Oh fuck!" Austin gasped and started running towards the side of the house were the outdoor conservatory was. I looked over and saw black smoke wrapping around the corner before leaking out into the air. This could not be happening. This could not be fucking happening!!!!!! I ran over towards the side of the house, where everyone else was running. I rounded the corner and stopped dead in my tracks with a gasp. My eyes,widened as I saw that everything was on fire. The flowers, the lace cloth on all the tables, the cake, the food, the gifts. Everything was burning. Bright flames danced around, burning all my hopes. My heart was even burning. I couldn't move but only stare as my wedding was reduced to ashes. My perfect day...destroyed.

I watched as the guys tried frantically to put the fire out. I looked on the ground and saw something white that looked like a piece of paper. I reached down and picked it up..anger swelling up inside of me as I saw my name written in cursive on the front. Shaking, I opened it and read the words that crushed my heart to pieces.

"Hope you enjoy my fiery gift- TJ"

I couldn't even describe the feelings going through me right now. Because there were so many emotions rampaging through me. It was almost too much for me to handle. Looking up from the note I saw that the guys were able to stop the fire.

"Kade...baby" Chris looked at me, sadness plaguing his beautiful face. I just threw the note down and turned around, pushing my way through the crowd.

"Kade!!!" Chris shouted after me but I only ran faster, wiping the rampage of tears falling from my eyes. I pushed the back doors open and ran through the house, sobbing full on now. I ran up the stairs and down the hallway, busting through my bedroom door. That son of a bitch went as far as to destroy my wedding. The day that I was suppose to look back at and smile. Now I would look back in immense hatred and sadness. This was all too much for me. My wedding day just turned into a disaster. I collapsed on the bed and buried my face in the pillows, crying uncontrollably.

"Kade" I heard Chris say behind me. I sat up and I glared at him through blurry eyes. Enough was enough. He's gonna tell me what the fuck happened whether he wanted to or not.

"My wedding day just got reduced to fucking ashes because of your fucking jealous ex!!! Your gonna tell me me what the fuck happened and your gonna tell me right now!!!" I screamed/cried at him. He sighed and closed the door behind him, with a look of defeat on his face. I kept my eyes on him as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

Chris took a deep breath before speaking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun DUN!!!!!