Drunk.

Chapter Two

So I guess I ended up with option three.

As soon as I got my schedule, I was completely lost. The school was two stories, and unlike my old school, which had the freshmen and sophomores classes on the first floor and the junior and senior classes on the second, this school had junior classes on both the first and second floor, something I didn't like. I really wasn't in the mood to go back and forth from upstairs to downstairs every day. But that wasn't really my main concern right now. My biggest issue was trying to find my history class. As I was trying to figure out what the fuck this piece of paper was trying to tell me, the bell rang, snapping me out of my code-cracking session. I looked up to find that the hallways were already completely deserted and eerily silent except for a single student who I could see walking, more like running, up the stairs. I let out an overly exaggerated sigh before turning around and walking smack into someone. I hit them so fast it seemed as if they were looking over my shoulder before I ran into them.

I looked up at him and in all honestly I was a bit scared of him at first. Although he was sitting down, he looked tall. Extremely tall. His hair was short, I knew that even though I couldn't see most of, as he was wearing a light blue beanie around it, I could tell there was some there. He was wearing a black, loose tank top that showed off a few tattoos on his chest and skinny arms with black skinny jeans. He had a bit of facial hair on his chin and under his nose, where there was a small piercing. He held a long black and white checkered skateboard in his left hand, and what looked like a phone in his right hand. Although he did look intimidating, he had a big smile on his face with his arm extended, so I had a good feeling about him.

"I'm Michael, but call me Mike," he said, and if it was even possible, his smile grew bigger. And for some reason, despite the trust issues I've suffered from for the past few years, I felt like I could trust this kid. So, I held my hand out to meet his.

"Kellin," I said quietly, my voice barely above a whisper. He looked at me a bit confused before he snatched my schedule out of my hands and started reading through it, paying absolutely no attention to the scrawny kid jumping up and down, struggling for the piece of paper he held in his hand.

"You have Mr. McKinnon. His room's upstairs, Room 118, left side. You'll see his name on the door," he said, before he flashed yet another smile, although this one wasn't as wide as the first one. I nodded quickly, giving him a small smile and thanks before maneuvering around him to get to the stairwell. But before I could take a single step up the stairs, Mike was right beside me, walking up the stairs with me as he tried to get some information out of me.

"So where are you from?"

"Michigan. My parents wanted a change of scenery," I lied. I didn't feel like explaining the fact that my mom left to a complete stranger, so I decided to act like she still gave a shit. As we approached Mr. McKinnon's door, I turned to him.

"Shouldn't you be in class too?"

"I have gym. I'd rather not get pummeled by the football team, so I don't go."

I let out a light chuckle before saying good bye and another thank you before he walked off, leaving me by myself once again. I sighed for what seemed like the billionth time that day before I took in a deep breath and opened the door.

Like always when you were late for a class, everyone went silent, and every single kid in the class turns to stare at you, even the teacher. Normally when I would be late to class I'd be question and most likely get a detention, but since I was new, I guess the teacher didn't care.

"Hi, you must be Kellin. I'm Mr. McKinnon," he smiled at me, but I had this weird feeling in my stomach that he didn't like me. His smile seemed completely fake and his words seemed to have a hint of annoyance. So I just nodded slightly as he turned his attention away from me and to the rest of the class, which I was extremely grateful for.

"Everyone, I'm sure you already guessed, but this is our new student, Kellin. Kellin just moved to San Diego from Michigan. I hope that you will all be nice and help show him around."

No one seemed to be paying attention to Mr. McKinnon though, everyone was looking at me. And with one look at the people in the class, I could see why. I didn't belong in this class. Not at all. It was your typical high school class. Every single boy in this was either a "nerd" or a tall buff jock in a varsity jacket. And then there was me, a skinny pale kid with shaggy black hair that falls into my eyes seventy-five percent of the time and wears much-too-tight black skinny jeans and band shirts. Right after looking at all the students in the class, I quickly darted my eyes to the white tile floor. I had a bad feeling in my stomach that things were going to be worse here than at my old school. But no matter how many times I tried to shake those thoughts out of my head, they just wouldn't go away. And that terrified me.

"Kellin."

I looked up again. My eyes immediately focused on a particular boy. He sat in the very back of the class, next to a guy with blond hair and a red varsity jacket with the number 17 on it. He was leaned back in his chair, his muscular arms were folded across his chest. He clearly wasn't paying attention to him though, or anyone else in the class for that matter. Because his deep brown eyes were directly on mine. Right away, I noticed two things about him.

One: He wasn't like the other guys in the class. He was wearing a pair of light blue jeans, a black t-shirt and a flannel, something I didn't really understand as it was extremely hot out today. But then again, I was wearing practically all black except for my red Vans and the colored design on my t-shirt, so who was I to judge? He had wavy, dark brown hair that fell down to his shoulders. He was also extremely tan, as was everyone else, but not as much as him, so I assumed he was Hispanic. I noticed upon further examination that he had a nose ring. I had no idea about his attitude, but he just didn't seem like the type of guy that was a douchey jock, so that was good. But I felt like I should have known his attitude.

"Kellin..."

Two: He clearly knew who I was. I have no clue if we actually knew each other, or if he knew about me from one of his friends. But he knew me, I was sure of it. The way he glared at me, with pure hatred, I knew that he clearly didn't like me, for whatever reason he had.

"Kellin..?"

The way he stared at me was way too familiar, it was like I knew his eyes. I knew right away that even though I couldn't remember anything about him, I knew that we had known each other. I knew that he used to some sort of connection, and one of us did something - me, most likely, considering the look in his eyes - that ruined what we had. And I was determined to figure that out.

"Kellin!"

He quickly tore his eyes away from mine and began to focus on a particularly large book that was sitting on his desk that I could not read the name off. As soon as his eyes left mine, I managed to come out of my fantasy world. Mr. McKinnon was right next to me, practically yelling in my ear. I quickly looked up at the clock, 8:27. I remember being introduced to the class at 8:20. Had I really zoned out for seven minutes? I shook the thought out of my head and turned to look at Mr. McKinnon, who was giving me an extraordinarily uncomfortable glare, as if he was disgusted in the way I was acting. I could hear other kids snickering and mumbling insults under their breath, but they didn't phase me. Compared to the things my father says to me, their words were grains of sand compared to two-foot long machetes.

"Kellin, were you even listening to me?!"

I quickly nodded my head in anxiety that Mr. McKinnon already didn't like me. I had bad luck with all of my other teachers at my old school, as I would never participate in class and often refused to give presentations, obviously making them become not to fond of me. I prayed to myself that my luck would not be like that at this school.

"Okay. Do you know where your seat is?"

Giving out a sigh in dismay and embarrassment, I slowly shook my head. I could hear kids laughing and muttering words under their breath, and I just wanted to run out the door. But I didn't all I did was listen to him give out a sigh similar to mine before pointing to where number 17 was sitting, which was empty, and also next to the mystery guy who I had had a staring contest with not even a few minutes ago. I quickly noticed that number 17 was moved up three rows, and was clearly upset about it as his arms were crossed while he was slumped over in his chair like a five year old who didn't get what they wanted. And I must say, it was quite amusing to look at me. So all I did was walk past him and sat down next to this guy who does quite honestly scare me.

"Kellin," I whispered quietly to the guy next to me as Mr. McKinnon carried on with his lesson - which i did not pay attention to, I might add -.

"Yeah, I think I realized that when the teacher said it thirty fucking times," the guy whispered back harshly. I was a little surprised at how rude he was being. All I was doing was trying to be polite to him and this was what I get?

"Oh and by the way, Kellin," he seethed, whispering my name as if I was some sort of disease.

"I hope I made it really obvious that I don't like you. I never have, and I never will. I swear to God if you ever come near me I am not afraid to ruin your life at this school. You hear me?" I was terrified of him now. All I wanted was to know what I had done to him, and now I can't even ask him that. Before I could say word, he turned around, but not before saying one last sentence.

"Oh, and my name's Vic. Pleasure to see you again."

----------

The next four classes were slower than I could have ever imagined. It was a constant repeat; walk in late because I had absolutely no fucking idea where any of the classes were, get introduced to the class by the teacher because I was too scared to do it myself, get assigned a seat next to some stranger who i never even bothered to talk to, and get called a loser and a faggot for an hour as I pretended to listen to the teacher. I happened to have the worst luck than anyone else, as Vic was in all of my classes. However, he avoided me in most of those classes, except for biology class when we ran into each other when I was walking to my seat and he was getting up to get the hall pass for whatever reason; I wasn't paying attention. But I walked smack into him, and the look on his face when I looked at him was utterly terrifying. I just wanted the world to swallow me.

It was when lunch started that things began to get bad again. I had ran into Mike after my last class before lunch, but not before being introduced to his two friends Tony and Jaime. They all offered to let me sit with them at lunch, and said that there were a few other people that they sat with. I was honestly so happy that I actually had friends, not to mention in such a short amount of time. I've been here for not even a day and I already have at least three friends, and hopefully even more, as Mike, Jaime and Tony told me that there were more people that they sit with at lunch.

We arrived at the cafeteria after a few minutes of walking through the halls and shuffling past kids were either walking way too slow or were in a line, taking up practically the entire hallway. I don't think that is something I will ever get used to. In my old school, there were around 50 students in every grade, and each grade ate lunch separately. Not to mention that there were multiple teachers who let kids out late every day, so there were usually about twenty kids in the hallway. So this was something rare for me.

By the time we got our lunch, we had about twenty minutes left until next period began. I saw Mike, Jaime, and Tony all walking towards a table in the back of the rather large cafeteria, so I followed them.

"Hey Kellin! Right here," Mike smiled, patting the seat next to him with his hand. All eight seats at the table were full except for the seat he was pointing to. By the time I approached the table, I could clearly see who was there. There were two girls, one who I had biology with, and the other I had only seen in the hallways. Besides the guys, there was another guy who I did not recognize. But that's only six people. There was one person who I did not want to look at.

You guessed it: Vic.

I was frozen in my tracks. It was a repeat of Mr. McKinnon's class, we just stared at each other for what felt like forever. Vic's eyes seemed to increase in anger by the second, and mine probably increased in fear. I could feel everyone else's eyes on us, but I just ignored it, and I ignored Vic. I just put my lunch down and sat down next to Mike and one of the girls who I eventually learned was named Tay, prepared for a bomb to go off.