Status: i know! i'm so behind in other stories, but it's just something i wanted to try. let me know what you think!

Goner

totally f*cked

TOTALLY FUCKED


He watched from across the crowded coffee shop as she walked up to the counter and ordered a small coffee, two creams, one sugar. A quick glance at the time on his phone confirmed that it was exactly 8:10 in the morning. She would pay for her coffee and then hurry down to the office building on the corner where she worked all day.

She smiled at the barista and accepted the small cup. He watched as she brushed a piece of her long dark hair over her shoulder and turned quickly to head out. He watched as her small body crashed into that of a much larger person. The man hardly spared her a glance and then continued on to the counter to order his own coffee.

She frowned in disdain at her now stained top, but didn’t say anything to the rude man who had just slammed into her. He knew she wasn’t the type to get angry at anyone.

He quickly stood and moved across the coffee shop without really thinking about it.

“Here.” He handed over a few napkins with what he hoped was a sympathetic smile.

In all of his time watching her at the coffee shop, he’d never been this close. He’d never seen the splash of freckles across her slightly upturned nose. He’d never see the spots of yellow in her round brown eyes. He’d never noticed the way her pristine white teeth were just a tad overcrowded on the bottom row. Imperfections made her even more beautiful than he could’ve imagined.

“Thanks.” Her sweet voice had a slight twang that never ceased to amaze him even after all of this time.

“I’m Sidney.” He held his hand out for her to shake and then thought better of it when she glanced between his hand and her otherwise occupied hands.

She laughed nervously and smiled up at him, craning her neck to look into his eyes.

“Brighton.”

Knowing her name seemed to put an all new twist on the situation. Now instead of just being the beautiful girl in the coffee shop, she was Brighton. Who was he kidding? One look in those big eyes and he was fucked. He was enchanted in every way possible. This woman had him hook line and sinker and she had no idea.